Bill Lazor

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Trubisky is the best quarterback bears have had since Erik Kramer was behind center.

hSYVhMt.gif

IBleedBearsBlood

Liked Posts:
that since Lazor has taken over play calling duties and Nagy has been more involved on the defensive side of the ball that the defense has taken a complete nose dive?
The defense has been average to mediocre since game 1.

jbunch14

Liked Posts:
Go and watch the INT again. He was throwing a high point ball for Robinson, and the guy covering him was clearly holding him down when he tried to jump for it. Not sure why Holtz was in the area, but if Robinson isn't held then at least it's probably an incompletion. He played a good game and didn't put the ball in harms way other than that one play. I'm happiest to see them finally stay with the running game. Monty is like "Baby Henry", the more you feed him, the better he gets.

msadows

Liked Posts:
No, Trubisky is not good. He still, and will probably always struggle to read defenses pre and post snap. His deep ball is total crap.

He's mobile and that's pretty much it. This whole "cut the field in half for him" thing works against shit defenses like MIN, DET and HOU, but against a good defense they will put a stop to that real quick.

And let's be real here, Trubisky's INT at the end of the game was not only a stupid throw, but it gave the Vikings a chance to win it at the end. Completely unacceptable for even a career backup.

That shit scheme got the niners to the superbowl last year.

As long as he executes it well, it's hard to stop.

He's not good, like you said, but he's serviceable and you can win with him at the helm if you have a good run game.

Novoitus

Mitch Trubisky Fan
Liked Posts:
No, Trubisky is not good. He still, and will probably always struggle to read defenses pre and post snap. His deep ball is total crap.

He's mobile and that's pretty much it. This whole "cut the field in half for him" thing works against shit defenses like MIN, DET and HOU, but against a good defense they will put a stop to that real quick.

And let's be real here, Trubisky's INT at the end of the game was not only a stupid throw, but it gave the Vikings a chance to win it at the end. Completely unacceptable for even a career backup.
Wrong. Maybe put down the beer, "BeerDrinker". Fucking idiot.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
That shit scheme got the niners to the superbowl last year.

As long as he executes it well, it's hard to stop.

He's not good, like you said, but he's serviceable and you can win with him at the helm if you have a good run game.
They dont care. he isnt mahomes

msadows

Liked Posts:
Go and watch the INT again. He was throwing a high point ball for Robinson, and the guy covering him was clearly holding him down when he tried to jump for it. Not sure why Holtz was in the area, but if Robinson isn't held then at least it's probably an incompletion. He played a good game and didn't put the ball in harms way other than that one play. I'm happiest to see them finally stay with the running game. Monty is like "Baby Henry", the more you feed him, the better he gets.

Mitch said it was on him. Said the throw wasn't accurate.

msadows

Liked Posts:
They dont care. he isnt mahomes

We all want mahomes.

I just want to win, IDC how it happens. The rams have been winning year in and year out doing exactly what we are asking mitch to do right now. Goff is not a good qb. He shits the bed against good teams a lot. Difference is mcvay doesn't try to make him do shit he knows he can't.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
We all want mahomes.

I just want to win, IDC how it happens. The rams have been winning year in and year out doing exactly what we are asking mitch to do right now. Goff is not a good qb. He shits the bed against good teams a lot. Difference is mcvay doesn't try to make him do shit he knows he can't.
Id make the argument Mitch would way outplay goff for the rams rn

Bolek

Liked Posts:
He played a very good game today, besides that INT in the endzone. That was a terribad play.

If he plays like he did today regularly this team would have won enough games to get into the playoffs had they not sat him and ran this scheme all season long.

It's sad, but hey, it is what it is.

I said during the offseason if you give him decent line play and a decent run game he can be a decent QB. Not good, not probowl, but in that 15-20 tier, which is someone you can win with.
Maybe benching him, really helped his focus, mental approach and ultimately, his game. He looks much better since coming off the bench. It also made it very clear, what were the reasons for our offensive struggles, and it had little to do with mitchs play

EDPeezy

Liked Posts:
I honestly don’t think there’s a big difference between guys like Goff, Mayfield, Cousins, etc and Trubisky.People point out that they have flaws, but their jobs aren’t necessarily on the line. The media might question their play. But they‘re still generally accepted as NFL starter material. Meanwhile the hyperbole when it comes to Trubisky has basically become the narrative surrounding him. Obviously some of it is on Mitch, but a lot is just the situation he’s in. This big market that likes going negative whenever things aren’t playing out great. Where smaller markets or just more lax markets where the media is more lenient sort of gives their guys passes. And in the end that media and fan hyperbole becomes prevailing thought because that’s what’s pushed. I mean have you watched Kirk Cousins? Have you seen how many sacks he takes? Have you see how he fumbles constantly? That would kill me. I guarantee you Cousins has way more turnovers over the last 3 years than Mitch. You think that contributes to winning? He never beats good teams. And a lot of his stats are meaningless garbage time stuff. But it’s sort of just generally accepted that he’s a mid tier NFL starter. But Mitch is a lost cause. It’s just laughable. I could do the same thing for guys like Mayfield, Goff, etc. A lot of QB’s have flaws. Almost all of them do. Even the really good ones. There’s actually a lot of good starters who don’t throw the deep ball well. There are a lot respected NFL starters who turn the ball over. I dont think Mitch turuns the ball over that much really. He’s actually almost too safe at times. Which is why he misses big sometimes. He’s can almost be overly conservative with protecting the ball instead of just saying screw it. Yet people try and create this false narrative that he’s some turnover machine. I’d really like to see his turnover numbers the last 3 years. I’d bet it’s not bad at all. But people on here will act like it’s terrible. They’ll just push that narrative even though it’s completely false.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
not good enough to stop looking for the next guy
yes...this is the answer. He's good enough right now, but the Bears still need to find their franchise QB. can you win with him if he keeps playing the way he's playing and the defense goes back to not sucking? yea...you could win with him. However, I don't see him winning many shootouts

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
He has stated that he has been spending more time with the defense since the bye week

So fucking what??? He isn't calling the plays or has anything to do with it. Pagano is the reason the D is taking a nose dive.

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
You're right, it was the guy covering Holtz who got the pick. And Holtz and Robinson shouldn't have been that close together. Either Holtz ran the wrong route, or it was very bad play design.

Still, Mitch absolutely has to throw that ball away, and it was a boneheaded decision to try to force it in there. Robinson wasn't open, and you can't be throwing up 50/50 balls with a 3 point lead that late in the 4th quarter.
Mitch himself said thats one he wanted back it got away on him