1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
Lmao, what a choad.

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Well it's a good thing he retired, because he'd never be able to play again anyway. To quit on his team like that? No one would want him in their locker room. Not even the dude who gave up 5 touchdowns in one game to Jerry Rice quit his team.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
That is great.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
"This isn't how I pictured retiring from the NFL.

But in my 10th NFL season, I have been doing what my body has been programmed to do: Get ready to play on game day. I've endured multiple surgeries and played through many different injuries throughout my career and, over the last few weeks, this was the latest physical challenge.

But today on the field, reality hit me fast and hard: I shouldn't be out there anymore.

I meant no disrespect to my teammates and coaches. But I hold myself to a standard. Mentally, I always expect myself to play at a high level. But physically, I know today that isn't possible, and I had an honest moment with myself. While I was on the field, I just didn't feel right, and I told the coaches, 'I'm not feeling like myself.'

I also wondered: Do I want to keep sacrificing?

And truthfully, I do not because the season is long, and it's more important for me and my family to walk away healthy than to willfully embrace the warrior mentality and limp away too late.

This was an overwhelming decision, but I'm at peace with myself and my family. I choose to be grateful to God for allowing me to play the game that I have loved as a boy until I turned 30 years old. I choose to be grateful to God for being a part of the NFL and making lifelong friends over the last decade. There were roadblocks and pitfalls along the way, but I am grateful to God for all of it because he doesn't promise any of us an easy journey.

Lastly, I am grateful to God for what he has in store for me ahead, in this next chapter of my life."

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Idk why he couldn't wait until after the game haha

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Not even mad at him.

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
We all can fire our bosses, does waiting an hour having a stupid presser, change the fact he wanted to retire?

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
That's a pretty fucked up thing to do to your teammates. No excuse, he could have waited until after the game, even if he wasn't able to play. At least finish on the sideline. Damn

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G930A using Tapatalk

Doubledown

Liked Posts:
Michael Lombardi

Can we just call what Vontae Davis did a “Cutty”. The game just ain’t in him no more.

meangreek

Liked Posts:
That's a pretty fucked up thing to do to your teammates. No excuse, he could have waited until after the game, even if he wasn't able to play. At least finish on the sideline. Damn

The players dont care about the game, this is a country club for millionaires

Have you watched Hard Knocks-- nap room for the players in training camp- fuck these guys

The days of real players caring about the game has passed

ijustposthere

Message Board Hero
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Purdue Boilermakers
The players dont care about the game, this is a country club for millionaires

Have you watched Hard Knocks-- nap room for the players in training camp- fuck these guys

The days of real players caring about the game has passed

GTFO with that shit. The game doesn't care about them either. I love listening to you 400 lb couch potatoes talk about players like they don't sacrifice anything, while your fat ass won't even walk down the block to buy some milk.

Dagman310

Liked Posts:
GTFO with that shit. The game doesn't care about them either. I love listening to you 400 lb couch potatoes talk about players like they don't sacrifice anything, while your fat ass won't even walk down the block to buy some milk.
Support your local milkman union buddy.. Geeze