38-13-14, 90 points, 4th place in Western Conference

@

09-Chevy-Avalanche-Lo-Pro-QT.jpg

42-18-5, 89 points, 5th place in Western Conference

Puck drop at 8:30.

TV: CSN Chicago
Radio: WGN 720 AM

Raanta in net for the Hawks.

Hossa still out for the Hawks, Parenteau and Stastny out for the Avs.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
And, of course, Varlamov standing on his head against the Hawks. 1-0 Avs after one.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great trades by Stan. Rundblad & Regin scratched again.

Nice use of the picks moron.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
And, of course, Varlamov standing on his head against the Hawks. 1-0 Avs after one.

Yeah, but the Hawks continue to play right in his strength. He reminds me of Niemi in that he's always down on his knees yet the Hawks keep shooting low on him....actually all season against him. The only high shot tonight I can recalll was Seabrook's which caught iron.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Handzus as 2nd line center & Brookstank as a forward..:enough:

2-0 Avs.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Yeah, but the Hawks continue to play right in his strength. He reminds me of Niemi in that he's always down on his knees yet the Hawks keep shooting low on him....actually all season against him. The only high shot tonight I can recalll was Seabrook's which caught iron.

And Leddy's, just now, which hit the crossbar.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Maybe someone finally noticed......

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I have no idea how in the hell Kane can get the puck that high while that close to the net while on his backhand.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
2-1 after two now. Hawks finding their game. Third period should be pretty destructive to your heart rate.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Stupid, dumb, moronic, pointless penalty by Shaw helps Avs get to a 5-on-3 and they cash in. Probably the game.

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
That was dumb on Shaw's part

Bigfoot

CCS Enforcer
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Alright Saad. 3-2

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Well Shaw and the no raanta crew powered it on net

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is hockey at an insane pace.

They have a clear strategy against us because they want to wear down Keith and Seabrook. They try to counter attack us all game and keep us chasing them. There last 8 games against us going back to last year show a clear strategy that we have to hope other teams do not notice.

We don't want to play them, they are a matchup nightmare and have our number, but they aren't good enough to get past some of the teams we can get past. If we don't play them or St.Louis we can cruise to the finals again.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
They have a clear strategy against us because they want to wear down Keith and Seabrook. They try to counter attack us all game and keep us chasing them. There last 8 games against us going back to last year show a clear strategy that we have to hope other teams do not notice.

We don't want to play them, they are a matchup nightmare and have our number, but they aren't good enough to get past some of the teams we can get past. If we don't play them or St.Louis we can cruise to the finals again.

With the new postseason format that's just about impossible.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Great trades by Stan. Rundblad & Regin scratched again.

Nice use of the picks moron.

Just like how he traded away Bolland and Frolik, signed Bulin, traded Pirri to Florida for pencil shavings, traded Olsen and Hayes to Florida for Versteeg, giving Crawford and Bickell too much money, trading picks for Regin and Bouchard and letting Bieber step on our Hawks logo. Blowman Blows!

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Just like how he traded away Bolland and Frolik, signed Bulin, traded Pirri to Florida for pencil shavings, traded Olsen and Hayes to Florida for Versteeg, giving Crawford and Bickell too much money, trading picks for Regin and Bouchard and letting Bieber step on our Hawks logo. Blowman Blows!

I mean...you are missing a few of the good deals like getting Frolik, Leddy, Oduya, Handzus (last year atleast) and some signings like Hjalmarsson, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp - all which get better when the cap goes up. Also, I'd argue that a few of the bad deals you mention either had to be made or are actually good ones- Bolland/Frolik because of the cap and that the Versteeg deal was pretty damn good (especially getting half the cap hit taken care of).

The guy has done plenty of good for people to get off his back in my opinion. Sure he has missed on a few things (Bickell's deal and Crawford's weren't necessary or turning out to be great in my opinion) but I wouldn't say he blows because of that. Overall, I think most people are pretty happy with Bowman and the direction this team continues to go...a lot of it because of him and the staff that surrounds him.

CRM 114

Premium Member
Donator
Liked Posts:
I mean...you are missing a few of the good deals like getting Frolik, Leddy, Oduya, Handzus (last year atleast) and some signings like Hjalmarsson, Keith, Seabrook, Sharp - all which get better when the cap goes up. Also, I'd argue that a few of the bad deals you mention either had to be made or are actually good ones- Bolland/Frolik because of the cap and that the Versteeg deal was pretty damn good (especially getting half the cap hit taken care of).

The guy has done plenty of good for people to get off his back in my opinion. Sure he has missed on a few things (Bickell's deal and Crawford's weren't necessary or turning out to be great in my opinion) but I wouldn't say he blows because of that. Overall, I think most people are pretty happy with Bowman and the direction this team continues to go...a lot of it because of him and the staff that surrounds him.

Bowman has overall been a good GM he just hasn't made too many smart decisions since we won the cup last summer

Status
Not open for further replies.