Blackhawks to play St. Louis in the 2017 Winter Classic

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
Busch Stadium is a pretty cool venue. Seen baseball and US Soccer games there and think hockey will translate very well.

I was getting a bit of outdoor game fatigue considering the Hawks get one every year, but making it a Hawks/Blues game does get my interest back up a bit.

Novak

Mod in Training/Fire Forum
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Can we focus on winning the cup before we start worrying about next season, please? We have to do our part here...

mikita's helmet

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
let's get a decent jersey this time!

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
I liked this years one, and the original candycane one

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I hate the outdoor games, the ice is always shit and the Hawks play like shit.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
I went this year at TCF, it was great to experience an outdoor game. Great scene but I think once is enough

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I went to the WC in 2009.
I may do the 2017, just because the alumni game could be interesting.
I'm a big Al Macinnis fan. It would be nice to see him on the ice again.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I went to the WC in 2009.
I may do the 2017, just because the alumni game could be interesting.
I'm a big Al Macinnis fan. It would be nice to see him on the ice again.

I don't know how any goalie ever was willing to put a glove hand up in front of a Macinnis slapper. I remember him breaking a finger on Jocelyn Thibault's glvoe hand with a slapper in the early 2000s. Just a horrifying thought, behind in the way of one of those missiles.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I loved being at the Winter Classic at Wrigley even though the Wangs won.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Except at Soldier field when they handed it to Sid Crosby and the Penguins.

Dis wuz guud... but our record in the outdoor games cannot be good, I feel like I been watching them lose most of those games since 2007/2008

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
I can tell you one thing...almost all of the Blackhawks players are getting pretty sick of playing in these every year. They feel like it is a big distraction in the middle of their season. Sure, they all put a happy face on when talking to the media about how great it is to play outdoors but they really would like a break from these outdoor games.

BlackHawkPaul

Fartbarf
Donator
Liked Posts:
I don't know how any goalie ever was willing to put a glove hand up in front of a Macinnis slapper. I remember him breaking a finger on Jocelyn Thibault's glvoe hand with a slapper in the early 2000s. Just a horrifying thought, behind in the way of one of those missiles.

I remember watching that game. Thibault makes the save and immediately shakes off the glove and skates to the bench. Behind him is a trail of blood from his fingers. The tips of 2 of his fingers had exploded from the impact of the save.

Ares

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
I can tell you one thing...almost all of the Blackhawks players are getting pretty sick of playing in these every year. They feel like it is a big distraction in the middle of their season. Sure, they all put a happy face on when talking to the media about how great it is to play outdoors but they really would like a break from these outdoor games.

I heard the reason they hate these outdoor games so much is actually because every time they skate past Pierre Mcguire they get meatball spittle sprayed all over them.... if they are lucky..... if they are unlucky they skate by when Pierre is hockey-ejaculating.

Either way I will say this.... I too want to murder Pierre Mcguire.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I remember watching that game. Thibault makes the save and immediately shakes off the glove and skates to the bench. Behind him is a trail of blood from his fingers. The tips of 2 of his fingers had exploded from the impact of the save.

And I swear it happened on the power play because Josef Marha took a real stupid/selfish penalty and Foley went on one of his tirades as Thibault revealed the bloody hand.

Good times.