Blackhawks top the list as smartest spenders in major sports

Chief Walking Stick

Heeeh heeeeh he said POLES
Donator
Liked Posts:
Until they gave Crawford his contract extension..................................................?</p>

Rex

Chief Blackcock
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Grimsäväinen" data-cid="227220" data-time="1398364241">
<div>

Until they gave Crawford his contract extension..................................................?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

he already has his cup, trade him while he has some value and bring in a cheap hungry goalie!</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="BHP" data-cid="227219" data-time="1398364088">
<div>

Article.

Yeah, I figured last place would go to the Cubs.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

I mean, they are horrible, but it is a bit misleading because they are going through a full rebuild and it's weighted on a rolling pay roll over the last 5 years. They sucked 5 years ago and they suck now, but they've cut a lot of payroll to suck so you would expect the efficiency to go way up.</p>

</p>

They are 28th in payroll now and have gone down significantly each of the last 5 years. 5 years ago they were 50 mil above the league average, the next year 36 mil above the league avg. This year, they are 20 mil below, and next year they are forecast to be 40 mil below (hopefully they make a run and buy a bullpen)</p>

</p>

yes, they are horrible, but I wouldn't say they are necessarily inefficient for what they spend?</p>

jakobeast

Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="MassHavoc" data-cid="227251" data-time="1398376272">
<div>

I mean, they are horrible, but it is a bit misleading because they are going through a full rebuild and it's weighted on a rolling pay roll over the last 5 years. They sucked 5 years ago and they suck now, but they've cut a lot of payroll to suck so you would expect the efficiency to go way up.</p>

</p>

They are 28th in payroll now and have gone down significantly each of the last 5 years. 5 years ago they were 50 mil above the league average, the next year 36 mil above the league avg. This year, they are 20 mil below, and next year they are forecast to be 40 mil below (hopefully they make a run and buy a bullpen)</p>

</p>

yes, they are horrible, but I wouldn't say they are necessarily inefficient for what they spend?</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

I wonder if the Hawks would be in that last spot if this list came out five years ago. They were in a similar spot as the Cubs back then. One playoff appearance in almost a decade. The monkey wrench is Wirtz was frugal. Didn't spend much on players and never really did.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
The Sox aren't too far ahead of the Cubs either by the look of it.... </p>

</p>

Chicago baseball sucks, period.</p>

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="227305" data-time="1398439558">
<div>

The Sox aren't too far ahead of the Cubs either by the look of it.... </p>

</p>

Chicago baseball sucks, period.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

Makes for cheap ticket prices.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="jakobeast" data-cid="227300" data-time="1398438667">
<div>

I wonder if the Hawks would be in that last spot if this list came out five years ago. They were in a similar spot as the Cubs back then. One playoff appearance in almost a decade. The monkey wrench is Wirtz was frugal. Didn't spend much on players and never really did.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Quite possibly... I'm not sure they were quite as miserable as the cubs, but I bet they would have easily been in the lower 3rd. I would like to see them open this up to 10 or 15 years worth of data to make it more historical instead of a snapshot of where the team is at this moment.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="Spunky Porkstacker" data-cid="227309" data-time="1398440062">
<div>

Makes for cheap ticket prices.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

</p>

At a Sox game maybe. </p>

</p>

The cheapest Cubs tickets are with the "ex-wives" in the last row of the upper deck... and its usually behind a pole.</p>

MassHavoc

Staff member
Liked Posts:
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="227314" data-time="1398440880">
<div>

At a Sox game maybe. </p>

</p>

The cheapest Cubs tickets are with the "ex-wives" in the last row of the upper deck... and its usually behind a pole.</p>
</div>
</blockquote>

Nah... there are seats everywhere for cubs. Just go to the right guy, buy their cheapest ticket then sit anywhere you want.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Oh I know there is.... and they usually cost one's soul to get a seat. I usually wait til the Bronze tickets come out and I try to get a better seat...</p>

</p>

... and that's when they win... </p>

puckjim

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote" data-author="CLWolf81" data-cid="227318" data-time="1398441170">
<div>

Oh I know there is.... and they usually cost one's soul to get a seat. I usually wait til the Bronze tickets come out and I try to get a better seat...</p>

</p>

... and that's when they win... </p>
</div>
</blockquote>

There were Cubs tickets on Stubhub for <$10 last season, and I bet those deals will be even more plentiful this year.</p>

CLWolf81

Fan Captain
Liked Posts:
Last year was also predictable. </p>