Blackhawks v Stars Round 1 (/igt)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patatoe

Liked Posts:
I'm a Chicago transplant living in Austin, and have gone to the two Blackhawks' games in Dallas. Wondering what the chances of a Dallas Chicago Round 1 would be? I know there are a few games left and the lower seeds are still in flux. I'd love to see them again for the playoffs in Dallas.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
I was at the 8-1 Hawks win in Dallas last month, and my roommate is a Stars fan. Would be cool to see a Hawks-Stars 1st rd.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
CUE DAT SHIT UP!

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;BKiu0DC974w]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BKiu0DC974w[/video]

Jntg4

Fire Forum Moderator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  2. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Chicago State Cougars
  2. DePaul Blue Demons
  3. Illinois-Chicago Flames
  4. Loyola Ramblers
  5. Northern Illinois Huskies
  6. Northwestern Wildcats
1-0 after 1, awaiting HawkWriter's analysis so I know who did good or not or who isn't complementing who and what not.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm a Chicago transplant living in Austin, and have gone to the two Blackhawks' games in Dallas. Wondering what the chances of a Dallas Chicago Round 1 would be? I know there are a few games left and the lower seeds are still in flux. I'd love to see them again for the playoffs in Dallas.

welcome!

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
If the Hawks dont resign Stalberg, they're fucking nuts. You just cant let that kind of speed walk...plus he's suddenly has developed some hands.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
Was at the game with some customers so I was a bit distracted at times (unfortunately).

Thought the entire team played really well. Just think how good this team is going to look if the Blackhawks get a healthy Sharp back and that knocks everyone down a line and takes Bollig out. Nothing against Bollig as he has been playing a better game over the last month, but clearly there is a pretty big upgrade there.

The Stars were a hot team and desperate team coming into tonight. The fact that the Blackhawks just completely dominated and only let them get 18 shots on goal shows a lot at this point.

I thought Bolland played an okay game tonight after a pretty solid one against the Blues. He went off at the faceoff dot going 15-4 somehow. I really wonder if he is still going through some injuries and I certainly wouldn't mind it if the Blackhawks played it cautious with a few guys down the stretch here that are banged up in any way. Let Mayers, Bollig, Carcillo, Brookbank, LeBlanc, etc get in some games and anyone dinged up rest just for a game or two (don't want to ruin their rhythm/routine).

Saw someone mention that the Blackhawks need to sign Stalberg, and I definitely would agree with that. The only question is, at what cost? If he hits the market, I have to believe there are a few teams out there willing to drastically overpay for him based on speed and potential. At the end of the day, he is still a 3rd liner on the Blackhawks and a "complimentary" player with the Blackhawks big four and now Saad creeping in to make it a big five. No reason to overpay Stalberg (especially with the cap dropping this next season) and it may come down to a business move for both Stalberg/Blackhawks. Would have to believe the Blackhawks are trying to sign him and if it means Bolland gets traded in the summer (my guess) then that will definitely help free some space up.

Status
Not open for further replies.