Blake Griffin's Having Best Rookie Year Since...

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
blake goes hard 100% of the time, as if his life depended on it. personally, i admire and am inspired by that, but i can understand why other players can get frustrated. NOBODY wants to get on a poster. and this kid has posterized half the league already.

the pistons had special rules for mj. looks like blake is developing his own set of rules around the league: foul hard, dont get posterized.

they wouldnt foul him that hard if they didnt think that was the only thing that could stop him.

eddie house is the most annoying player in the league. he makes 1 or 2 shots in the 4th quarter and all of a sudden he thinks hes mvp, prancing around and talking trash like he matters. ok, he makes big shots from time to time, but robert horry never celebrated like a lil clown the way he does. punk ass.

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
Responses:

we'll agree to disagree. Yes he's explosive. But when you are just constantly trying to dunk on people and jumping on them, that's out of control. That's going to get other players upset. Proof is there. He's getting fouled pretty hard. It's like they are taking it as he's trying to show them up.

And it's not just big men who go harder at him.

YouTube - Andre Miller no likey Blake Griffin

boy, what a cheap shot that was by miller. and no whistle. why is blake the one to blame in this again? ok, you could say he got away with 2 loose ball fouls, but a lil pg like miller doesnt belong under the basket, let alone trying to box out on a guy with 100 lbs on you. blake did what he would have done on a PF type player that does belong down there. its not blakes fault that miller bounces off of him on a box out. would you like him to box out softer because miller is a smaller guy? how bout serve him a cup of tea while theyre down there?

Fredsmooth21

Liked Posts:
miller got suspsended for that even though a foul wasn't called. I don't think griffin did anything wrong. like wearshades said he's just fighting for position. At the same time it's obvious Griffin pushed him in the back twice. It probably looks worse because Miller is a PG and can be easily moved.

I think you said it best. Nobody likes to be on a poster. Players are going to foul him hard to prevent that. Which is what I was saying all along. Players are fouling him hard, more than any other player, because at this point there isn't anyone doing what he's doing in the NBA (dunking the shit out of the ball on whoever is in his way). Players don't like that, regardless if it's not Griffin's fault or not.

Liked Posts:
Wow, I hadn't even seen or heard about many of those clips. It seems to happen almost every night where he tries to dunk on someone and he gets grabbed, falling down hard.

He's learning very quick that he can't just do that all the time like he did in college. This is the NBA! Those guys aren't just going to lay down and let him dunk all over them (Elton Brand inparticular!).

Whenever I see him go up in the air I cringe because he's one nasty fall from blowing his leg out and being post-Denver Antonio McDyess. His explosiveness is incredible to watch but if he wants to have a long career he'll be wise to take it easy on those legs.

He's already missed an entire season and he's what...20?

Dont You Noah

Liked Posts:
lolol. He is a monster!!! he is by far going to be an all star if he keeps up his play and can stay healthy.