Bobby Valentine Rips Starlin Castro

bleacherbum54

GoCubsGo
Liked Posts:
I agree with Bobby on everything

we have had good drafts in the past and our spects have failed. Our Minor league player development is terrible. I think Vitters and others are doing poorly partly because they aren't being taught properly. It sounds like Ricketts are gonna make changes though.

Last edited:

2SeamHeat

I Know Nuffing!!!!!
Liked Posts:
Sorry, but I don't care who the player is on the team that pulls a boneheaded stunt like this. They need to sit, and maybe for more than one game if it's a routine thing. Castro should have been pulled out of the game at that moment, then sat down the next game on top of it.

However, Valentine also just showed why so many of his former players can't stand the guy. If he railed on Castro like that on public TV, what do you think he did to his own players in the clubhouse? IMO, he just gave the MLB all the reason in the world to not hire him as a manager again. That crap can deflate a player immensely. He talks about how Castro's actions could be a cancer.... railing on your players like that is a massive cancer.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
Golden comment on the deadspin link....

I thought there were five homers in Wrigley last night, but then I realized that Ron Santo is dead.