DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
$1.25 million per year.

Scratching my head on this one.

HawkWriter

Liked Posts:
http://www.tsn.ca/nhl/story/?id=445115

Here is a link (didn't see the thread when I posted in general). The thing to take away from this is that the salary cap is going up and I think everyone is going to be surprised at what a lot of players are about to make. Not thrilled with this one at the end of the day though. Thank god for the Keith and Hossa contracts which are going to look even better as the cap continues to go north.

nwfisch

Hall of Famer
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Minnesota United FC
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I thought he's been doing better getting goals etc.

:shrug:

I'm not as angry about this as most are.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
I thought he's been doing better getting goals etc.

:shrug:

I'm not as angry about this as most are.

I just don't understand what he brings to the team that Jeremy Morin does not. And while Bollig has been a lock on the roster for almost 2 full seasons now, Morin only gets rare shots at skating with the Hawks. It's really confusing.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
1.2 mil for Bollig???

Ben Smith has more skill than him..deserves that more.

That's a good point. Bollig was bouncing back n forth from the press box till Q paired him with Smith & Kruger. If he was more of a physical presence, it'd be a better signing.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
too much dough

Sent from my Rotary Phone using Tapatalk

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
More than the money I don't know why they decided to commit to a guy for three more years who's a marginal 4th liner at best.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
The going rate for a plug is 1.25 mil?

I don't get this. He benefits an awful lot from playing with Kruger, who has been a damn beast as of late. He is pretty solid in his own zone, he bought into the whole "no fighting" gimmick Q has instilled. Fuck it. Trade Morin already. This goon is a fourth line lock for the next couple of years......smfh

Crumpet?

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
It does point to the fact that it was pretty easy to replace Ben Eager -reading that uninformed soap opera stuff from band-wagoners several years ago (when they moved Eager) nearly drove me nuts.

And if you look at things from the pro-rata perspective- by all rights- he should be getting paid at least 6 maybe 12 times the amount they gave to Johnnie Scott. (Ok won't go there :D ).

Actually maybe I will go there - the entire Scott thing -and how they were able to move him -pretty much shows that no guy no matter how lame is un-movable with the exception of that French goalie.

KBIB

Would like my account deleted
Liked Posts:
It does point to the fact that it was pretty easy to replace Ben Eager -reading that uninformed soap opera stuff from band-wagoners several years ago (when they moved Eager) nearly drove me nuts.

And if you look at things from the pro-rata perspective- by all rights- he should be getting paid at least 6 maybe 12 times the amount they gave to Johnnie Scott. (Ok won't go there :D ).
Well, Eager had some talent. Not much, but a smidge more then Plugig. Better skater and that isn't saying much.

Agreed on Scott. His only value was as a entertaining goon and once those liver shots knocked him down onto the ice by I think Orr, he lost everything he had to bring as the undefeated Undertaker of the NHL.

Crumpet?

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:

Actually maybe I will go there - the entire Scott thing -and how they were able to move him -pretty much shows that no guy no matter how lame is un-movable with the exception of that French goalie.

It wasn't that easy to replace Eager/burish if you look at all the pieces they struggled to use that way for the few years.

It's giving Q what he wants,everyone can tell by now he always wants a big force on his team like that. At least Boligs now one who can play around 10 minutes opposed to a 3 minute woethlessly activated goon.

The guys like Carbomb that gave too inconsistent efforts and racked up dumb penalties are what you get stuck with for those 850k deals.

Sent from my LGL85C using Tapatalk 2