BR: Bears Trying To Trade Cutler to get Mariota

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
wait what? 33rd overall? no they are offering from what i heard Cutler and #7 for pick #2...no way Mariota lasts to #33...maybe i am not understanding what your saying?

I was responding to the other one .....

If the Bears want to move up, it better be for Williams.

Also if the Titans want Cutler they can offer their 33rd overall pick and keep their #2. #33 + 7th rndr for Cutty + 5th rndr makes far more sense.

This is what I meant by "that would be fine too".

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
This is not happening. John Fox is smarter than taking Mariota and #2. Ridiculous rumors.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Right, but I guess the question, as it often is for me with regards to stuff people assert here, is what is your timeline for becoming a successful (read playoffs/divisional contenders in my world) team/franchise. I think it is entirely POSSIBLE(note, I didn't say DESIRABLE) to have Cutler here starting this yr while the defense gels and hopefully improves and we break in 2 new OLman and possibly a rookie WR

It's probably what's going to happen, but I think it would be best to cut inevitable ties sooner rather than later, even for the sake of freshness. If you think they're .500 or less next year regardless then what does it hurt to play Clausen or a rookie?

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
It's probably what's going to happen, but I think it would be best to cut inevitable ties sooner rather than later, even for the sake of freshness. If you think they're .500 or less next year regardless then what does it hurt to play Clausen or a rookie?

Your chances to win games with Cutler are better than Clausen and probably most rookies as well. Clausen isn't the future so there is no point to starting him. If you have a rookie then I can understand starting him if he is ready, especially mentally.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Mick wants to talk football. I'm not sold on Mariota and I doubt he lasts until 7 and I'm not sure I'd take him there. Honestly, at 2 I'd only choose Winston or Williams - so if a trade happens, which I highly doubt, it would be dependent on both the Bucs and Titans. I highly doubt anyone is going to eat this year of the contract.

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
To draft a QB in the first round let alone the top ten you have to be 100% certain otherwise you and shackling yourself.

Oh my, this is fucking golden. For the last four years we've been told that it's almost impossible to get a QB after the first few picks so best to stick with Cutty and not waste a pick on one until we have a high pick.

Now you're saying that a top 10 QB is too risky unless you're 100% certain.

Awesome.

Cutty for life mang

images

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
That just doesn't happen.

Andrew Luck comes around once a decade.

Other than Luck you are taking a risk drafting any QB and projecting their ability.

1) You're never 100 percent certain about anything in life, so this is a moot point.

2) Andrew luck may only come around once a decade, but other QBs fall between decent and Andrew Luck can get you to the playoffs and I am fine taking one of them in the top 10 if there is value.

3) Myself and others on here just AREN'T CONVINCED MARIOTA FALLS IN THAT GROUP often enough to blow THE NUMBER 2 OVERALL PICK on him when 20 yr old Leonard Williams is right there for the snatching and MUCH MORE of a sure thing at a positiion we have huge need for.

4) Is Cutler this yr taking mad hits while we break in a new C and rookie RT really tantamount (look it up) to "Clutchler for life?"

bearmick

Captain Objectivity
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Mick wants to talk football. I'm not sold on Mariota and I doubt he lasts until 7 and I'm not sure I'd take him there. Honestly, at 2 I'd only choose Winston or Williams - so if a trade happens, which I highly doubt, it would be dependent on both the Bucs and Titans. I highly doubt anyone is going to eat this year of the contract.

I would take him there because you don't get the chance to draft a potential star QB very often and in the position the Bears are in, I don't think you can pass it up. But I agree with you that he won't last until 7, and I also agree that nobody is trading for Cutler so it's probably not an option.