Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
1) You're never 100 percent certain about anything in life, so this is a moot point.

2) Andrew luck may only come around once a decade, but other QBs fall between decent and Andrew Luck can get you to the playoffs and I am fine taking one of them in the top 10 if there is value.

3) Myself and others on here just AREN'T CONVINCED MARIOTA FALLS IN THAT GROUP often enough to blow THE NUMBER 2 OVERALL PICK on him when 20 yr old Leonard Williams is right there for the snatching and MUCH MORE of a sure thing at a positiion we have huge need for.

4) Is Cutler this yr taking mad hits while we break in a new C and rookie RT really tantamount (look it up) to "Clutchler for life?"

Luck was a can't miss guy and they don't come around often. I think Williams is the same. I just have a hard time believing another team would be willing to give 2 and take the contract this year. Cutler is better than all the rookies, but he doesn't take care of the ball. I think it's wishful thinking for the most part. Cutler is still loved in Nashville, but it seems dumb to me.

Jester

White Guy
Liked Posts:
I would take him there because you don't get the chance to draft a potential star QB very often and in the position the Bears are in, I don't think you can pass it up. But I agree with you that he won't last until 7, and I also agree that nobody is trading for Cutler so it's probably not an option.

I'm not sure most people think he is a potential star in the NFL though. I also don't see anyone saying "Cutty for life" besides you Mick !!! =)

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm so tired of trying to read updates and only seeing off topic bullshit on this forum... Pages and pages of inside jokes and rambling

Bye bye?

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:
Luck was a can't miss guy and they don't come around often. I think Williams is the same. I just have a hard time believing another team would be willing to give 2 and take the contract this year. Cutler is better than all the rookies, but he doesn't take care of the ball. I think it's wishful thinking for the most part. Cutler is still loved in Nashville, but it seems dumb to me.

Sure it's wishful thinking....ofc it is, but I don't think it's necessarily impossible.

Coaches/GMs on the hot seat do things that appear pretty dumb at times often enough to at least entertain it's a possibility.

Also, Cutler played well in 2013, not well for Cutler, well for the league....and it isn't like he has had a huge injury or looks like he's declined at all physically since then.....that's the one point I think get's lost on here the most regarding Cutler- HE PLAYED WELL IN 2013 once her got healthy.

Did her turn it over a bunch, yup...that's Cutler's game, but he OVERALL played well.

Jailbreak

Block someone
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I'm not sure most people think he is a potential star in the NFL though. I also don't see anyone saying "Cutty for life" besides you Mick !!! =)

I think it's Jay this year, however anyone feels about it. He's a frustrating guy, because he really could be better than Rodgers. The clock has turned and I think his biggest problem is that he's not engaged enough. We all hear about his work ethic, but at some point it becomes difficult to swallow.

jc456

Liked Posts:
It's probably what's going to happen, but I think it would be best to cut inevitable ties sooner rather than later, even for the sake of freshness. If you think they're .500 or less next year regardless then what does it hurt to play Clausen or a rookie?

going back to the Lovie era, he wouldn't start certain rookies because he didn't feel it was fair to the veterans on the club. I believe in what he said. To do something to spite one player, isn't fair to those who are out on the field busting their tales off to earn a paycheck. Not sure I picked up any vibe on this thread toward that belief.

hebs

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Isn't the bright side to keeping Cutler this year is if the Bears still flop and put up a sup .500 record that they'll be able to draft one of the better rated QBs coming out next year?

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
cutler isn't going anywhere.

giphy.gif

so take a seat haters and chillax we got one more season even if they land mariotta at 7

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
Isn't the bright side to keeping Cutler this year is if the Bears still flop and put up a sup .500 record that they'll be able to draft one of the better rated QBs coming out next year?

I think at this time last year Mariotta was considered a top rated QB

theOHIOSTATE!

Liked Posts:

Yes, and everyone should be prepared for a sub .500 season this yr regardless of whether they trot Cantler out there or not.

Hey look, I just made that up!!!

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:

If you're going that route- move Cutler to the Titans for the #2 pick, draft Leonard Williams, and roll out Clausen and/or Fales. That would almost guarantee the Bears a top ten selection next year.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Oh my, this is fucking golden. For the last four years we've been told that it's almost impossible to get a QB after the first few picks so best to stick with Cutty and not waste a pick on one until we have a high pick.

Now you're saying that a top 10 QB is too risky unless you're 100% certain.

Awesome.

Cutty for life mang

images

I was responding to windy you dumb fuck. At least read the conversation first before bringing your dumb opinion in it. I dont give a shit if we draft a qb in the first as long as it isnt Marcus. Too busy humping my leg to know what is being said

onebud34

Packer Fan
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Minnesota Twins
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Minnesota Wild
going back to the Lovie era, he wouldn't start certain rookies because he didn't feel it was fair to the veterans on the club. I believe in what he said. To do something to spite one player, isn't fair to those who are out on the field busting their tales off to earn a paycheck. Not sure I picked up any vibe on this thread toward that belief.

Wait wut?

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If you're going that route- move Cutler to the Titans for the #2 pick, draft Leonard Williams, and roll out Clausen and/or Fales. That would almost guarantee the Bears a top ten selection next year.

Would it guarantee them a better QB than Mariota?

Most "experts" had Conner Cook ranked lower than Mariota and Hackenberg would be the presumptive #1 pick.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
To do an RG3 deal you have to be 100% certain.

Otherwise it cripples you like Washington.

Mariota is too big of a risk for that. But Cutler and 7 is the same as picking him at 7.

It's not just about a RG3 deal or Andrew luck type prospect. GM's need to be 100% certain when they draft a QB in the first round regardless. Once you draft a QB in the first round you are basically saying this is the guy who will lead us now and/or into the future because it is going to cripple you regardless