BR: Bears Trying To Trade Cutler to get Mariota

Evobear

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If for some reason the Bears did want to trade up. I'd rather they did it to grab Leonard Williams.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
If for some reason the Bears did want to trade up. I'd rather they did it to grab Leonard Williams.

Safer pick for sure.

Less long term value is Mariota turns into a top 10 QB.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
It's not just about a RG3 deal or Andrew luck type prospect. GM's need to be 100% certain when they draft a QB in the first round regardless. Once you draft a QB in the first round you are basically saying this is the guy who will lead us now and/or into the future because it is going to cripple you regardless
It's draft and there's no certainty in almost any QB. We can point to a few in a decade but for those, there will have been sure things that weren't. You take your best shot and don't pass on someone you personally think could be a franchise type player. You're basically saying to never draft a QB unless you have the 1st pick and only then when the moon is in retrograde.

DrGonzo

Dump VJJ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Instead of trading up to draft Mariota with our 7th pick and Cutler, why don't we just send Cutler and our 7th pick to TN? At least that way we wouldn't have to pay a player who is going to be a bust, but still offload Cutler's contract.
Do you mean send them Cutler and a 7th in return for nothing at all?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It's draft and there's no certainty in almost any QB. We can point to a few in a decade but for those, there will have been sure things that weren't. You take your best shot and don't pass on someone you personally think could be a franchise type player. You're basically saying to never draft a QB unless you have the 1st pick and only then when the moon is in retrograde.

Not saying that at all. Windy said gm's only do RG3 trades when they are 100% sure that is their guy. Im saying picking a QB in the first in general is saying that is your guy. Thats all

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Not saying that at all. Windy said gm's only do RG3 trades when they are 100% sure that is their guy. Im saying picking a QB in the first in general is saying that is your guy. Thats all
You are way too hung up on RG3. this is a totally different situation.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
You are way too hung up on RG3. this is a totally different situation.

Considering thats ehat windy and my conversation was about Im not really but thanks anyways. Anyone wishing the Titans will just take Jay and the 7th should stop thinking in general

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Considering thats ehat windy and my conversation was about Im not really but thanks anyways. Anyone wishing the Titans will just take Jay and the 7th should stop thinking in general
It won't be that but it won't be in RG3 trade either. And in the 60 whatever pages of this thread how many times have you brought up RG3 now?

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
It won't be that but it won't be in RG3 trade either. And in the 60 whatever pages of this thread how many times have you brought up RG3 now?

Then how would it go down zeek? You seem to enjoy following me so please tell me. Rg3 trade is the most recent example which is why i used it. If you dont have an answer i suggest shutting up

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
You are probably not going to see an RG 3 type deal ever again.

It was a horrendous over pay that blew up in Washington's face.

One bad trade does not set the market. Although I agree with Pride Cutler and 7 for 2 would be an idiotic move on the Titans part and is more of a desperation move if anything by them.

My guess on what it takes to move from 7 to 2, regardless of who is picked.

4th
2016 1st
2016 4th

It will look similar to the Sammy Watkins deal

Or

2016 2nd

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

One bad trade does not set the market. Although I agree with Pride Cutler and 7 for 2 would be an idiotic move on the Titans part and is more of a desperation move if anything by them.

4th
2016 1st
2016 4th

Or

2016 2nd

That is with us keeping Cutler right?

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams

4th
2016 1st
2016 4th

Or

2016 2nd

Weird, I heard that it would take every pick the Bears had this year to make a move like that...this is no where near that

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Then how would it go down zeek? You seem to enjoy following me so please tell me. Rg3 trade is the most recent example which is why i used it. If you dont have an answer i suggest shutting up
Not sure what you consider following you around that's kind of an odd statement. Cutler, 7 and our 2nd or third should get it done.

And you can shove your suggestions up your ass.

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Adam Schefter is coming on ESPN1000 in 30 minutes to talk about the Bears and Mariota

ZenBear34

Liked Posts:
you know, after mulling it over for a few days, i say go for it. i'm not personally 100% convinced on mariota, but he is a unique talent and it's been over a decade since the bears have even tried to develop a quarterback. why not just go for it? cutler is a dead end. this is a miserable draft for quarterbacks. it's winston and mariota and a bunch of guys i wouldn't touch til the 5th round.

i personally don't think the bears are going to be terrible this season. probably around .500 and a mid round pick next year. they're not going to be this close for a while in my opinion. that, and i don't think the overall talent at the top of this draft is anything special. there isn't one truly elite player in this draft, let alone 7. don't get me wrong, there are some prospects i like a lot, but weighing a potential franchise quarterback vs. this top 10 class? what the fuck? roll the dice.

grenade007

Liked Posts:
We need to keep our picks and get youthful depth, not bet the house on an iffy system QB

tgmxd

Liked Posts:
Can we get a recap after?

- Said that it would make sense because new head coaches and GMs want their own guy
- Mariota has already visited the Bears (he sounded 95% positive about this one)
- Doesn't see him falling to #7
- Doesn't see a way for them to trade Cutler in this. Thinks Mariota would sit for a year behind him.

Interestingly, he also said Rivers is the Chargers guy right now but the situation is fluid and he could end up somewhere else.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
- Said that it would make sense because new head coaches and GMs want their own guy
- Mariota has already visited the Bears (he sounded 95% positive about this one)
- Doesn't see him falling to #7
- Doesn't see a way for them to trade Cutler in this. Thinks Mariota would sit for a year behind him.

Interestingly, he also said Rivers is the Chargers guy right now but the situation is fluid and he could end up somewhere else.

Thanks.

Sounds like he was very lukewarm on the rumor from earlier in the week.