2010 Cam Newton
2011 Robert Griffin III
2012 Johnny Manziel
2013 Jameis Winston
2014 Marcus Mariota

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_Heisman_Trophy_winners

PolarBear

Liked Posts:
Yes, Heisman trophy winners since at least 1990 never won a Super Bowl and most just downright suck.

So we shouldn't draft him because he won the Heisman trophy?

kanyedisbelief.gif

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
So we shouldn't draft him because he won the Heisman trophy?

kanyedisbelief.gif

There is an extreme correlation between selecting a Heisman trophy winner and not succeeding in the NFL. If I told you that in the past 50 days that it rained every day and today there may be a chance that it won't, do you still bring your umbrella? If this was an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning Heisman trophy winner (they didn't get selected as Heisman winners), then it would be a safe bet to go against the trend. The trend would be to pick those guys because they weren't Heisman winners, neither was Joe Montana, nor was Tom Brady.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
There is an extreme correlation between selecting a Heisman trophy winner and not succeeding in the NFL. If I told you that in the past 50 days that it rained every day and today there may be a chance that it won't, do you still bring your umbrella?

So you'd ignore your scouting departments analysis because there's some weird correlation between players that aside from the award have little in common?

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
So you'd ignore your scouting departments analysis because there's some weird correlation between players that aside from the award have little in common?

I don't think there is anyone saying that MM is a sure fire pick, the majority of people I hear is that he needs to sit a few years. The surefire picks never seem to win the Heisman trophy.

inchibearfan

Liked Posts:
Better yet, if the facts were that this NFL team hasn't beat this NFL in the past 50 matchups and the losing team is not a dominant team, do you put your money on the losing team without a spread?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I don't think there is anyone saying that MM is a sure fire pick, the majority of people I hear is that he needs to sit a few years. The surefire picks never seem to win the Heisman trophy.
Your list also had Cam and Bradford. cam is a pretty good QB while Bradford was actually coming along nicely until losing the past two seasons to ACLs.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
"P & S Tell us what those 2 words are......."

THE CORRECT ANSWER IS.......

PLAYOFFS & SUPER BOWL

policeman

Son of beech
Liked Posts:
I don't want to sift through 51 pages of BS. Does this story have any actual substance?

None. Story planted by either Mariota's agent or the Titans- in hopes of one or both parties gaining leverage.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
There is an extreme correlation between selecting a Heisman trophy winner and not succeeding in the NFL. If I told you that in the past 50 days that it rained every day and today there may be a chance that it won't, do you still bring your umbrella? If this was an Andrew Luck or Peyton Manning Heisman trophy winner (they didn't get selected as Heisman winners), then it would be a safe bet to go against the trend. The trend would be to pick those guys because they weren't Heisman winners, neither was Joe Montana, nor was Tom Brady.

At best it means that you don't use the Heisman in your evaluations, period. This is like saying that because 5 of 6 qbs drafted every year don't become great that you should never draft one. Just silly twisting of logic. Here's a stat. 1/2 of Super Bowl winning QBs were early 1st round picks. Does it mean we should anything we can to get Mariota? Of course not....unless the coaches think he's worth it on evaluation. This is about individuals and not generalities.

With our luck, we'll draft him and he'll be on the cover of Madden or Sports Illustrated.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
I would hope if they draft him that they start him. Plenty of time in minicamps, TC and PS to learn the ropes. Sure he won't be fully developed by opening day, but get him in there and start his progress. By the time the defense is good in 2016, he'll have a year under his belt and will be ready to come out swinging in year 2.

If we somehow got Mariota in the draft without trading Cutler i would be fine with starting Cutler next year and maybe even the following year depending on how Mariota is developing and letting Mariota sit and learn for that 1 or 2 years.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The change is coming, the only question is when and how much it will cost.

With Winston starting to get confirmed to the Bucs I would expect that Mariota and 2 will start to beat up a little.

Might not be the Bears, but I think he is going 2.

I think the Browns will be the team that ends up winning the bid for the Titans #2 pick by offering their #12 and #19 and if they have to they will offer another pick. I'm one of the few on here that hopes we get Mariota but we don't have enough to outbid teams like the Browns and i don't think Pace will be the type of GM that will give whatever it takes to move up in the draft like teams like the Browns always do.

Bearin' Down

Liked Posts:
At best it means that you don't use the Heisman in your evaluations, period. This is like saying that because 5 of 6 qbs drafted every year don't become great that you should never draft one. Just silly twisting of logic. Here's a stat. 1/2 of Super Bowl winning QBs were early 1st round picks. Does it mean we should anything we can to get Mariota? Of course not....unless the coaches think he's worth it on evaluation. This is about individuals and not generalities.

With our luck, we'll draft him and he'll be on the cover of Madden or Sports Illustrated.

Exactly. It might mean something if the transition from college to pro was easy. It's not. There is such a disparity in talent between the two leagues that a great college player can be a bad nfl player. So, acting as if the heisman is an indicator of anything is silly. Most qbs bust out. You may have an average of 1 qb per draft that is a good player in the nfl... Maybe.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
I just think the Browns are making a mistake if they don't give Manziel a year to get it together. You invested in this kid and he barely played. Most QBs would struggle AS A ROOKIE ON THE BROWNS! He went to rehab and atleast it appears he is trying to get himself together.

You can't keep giving up everytime something little goes wrong with a young player that could be so important to your team.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Jimmy Clausen and Brady Quinn were much better prospects than Mariota. We already have Clausen and I think Quinn could be picked up relatively cheap instead of wasting a first round pick on Mariota.

Hahahahahaha that's really all i got for this and i think that's all that is needed for this.........well maybe another Hahahahaha should do it.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system. Let me say that again, he has shown the abilty to learn and master a complex offensive system.

Wow you really felt the need to do this and nobody even cares. You have too much time.