BR: Bears Trying To Trade Cutler to get Mariota

Chinese

Liked Posts:
I appreciate the effort in this post. But there are some winning names on that list that I do not think are as good as Jay Cutler. Cutler has weapons now and a terrible defense. But a full team around Jay for once and perhaps he will make the list.

Don't you feel like a QB will show up eventually in 2-3 years. But 10 years in think is pushing it. One thing I know is that you know you have a good QB when he can make receivers look better than they are. The truth is that it's been opposite for him. As much as I have wanted to root I gave up on him about 2-3 years ago. I am actually shocked that he was benched I think for the first time last year and Claussen played no worse than Jay or may be a tad worse but that's a given for a guy who hasn't played really in a long time.

Anyways Go Bears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gpphat

2020 CCS Fantasy Football Champ (ESPN League)
Donator
CCS Overall Fantasy Football Champion
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Virginia Commonwealth Rams
So what do you do then if there is no QB you feel is going to be good from this draft class? If that is how you felt, what would you do? Would you draft a guy anyway just because he wasn't Cutler and then HOPED that he proved you wrong?

The Bears have plenty of other holes to fill on the defensive side of the ball. They need DL, LB's, and DB's...focus on those positions with the first 2 picks, grab a QB like Hundley/Petty in the third, and then get back to filling the positions of need. You telling me the Bears would be closer to a chamionship with Cutler on the roster than a rookie 3rd round QB? I have said this multiple times in this thread, I wouldn't mind seeing Pace use Cutler in a trade. It doesn't matter if it is to trade up or to trade down, Cutler isn't getting it done and there comes a point where the team just needs to move on. And it seems like the Bears are pretty close to that point if they are not already there.

RisWell

Liked Posts:
That 1 playoff win was in OT also.

Clausen played a good game his receivers dropped so many balls that game.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
The Bears have plenty of other holes to fill on the defensive side of the ball. They need DL, LB's, and DB's...focus on those positions with the first 2 picks, grab a QB like Hundley/Petty in the third, and then get back to filling the positions of need. You telling me the Bears would be closer to a chamionship with Cutler on the roster than a rookie 3rd round QB? I have said this multiple times in this thread, I wouldn't mind seeing Pace use Cutler in a trade. It doesn't matter if it is to trade up or to trade down, Cutler isn't getting it done and there comes a point where the team just needs to move on. And it seems like the Bears are pretty close to that point if they are not already there.

You don't know if the Bears are closer to a Championship with Cutler vs Hundley or Petty. What if both of those QBs end up being horrible?

I understand the point of drafting a QB if you feel that one of the QBs available is going to be good. But if you did not think any of them would be good this year, then what? Move on "just because"?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
You don't know if the Bears are closer to a Championship with Cutler vs Hundley or Petty. What if both of those QBs end up being horrible?

I understand the point of drafting a QB if you feel that one of the QBs available is going to be good. But if you did not think any of them would be good this year, then what? Move on "just because"?

What if they don't draft one of those QB's and they turn out to be great?

If Pace doesn't see a QB that he likes than of course you don't draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB, but that shouldn't be a reason to not move Cutler for more picks or to put the team in a better position to draft a player they really want.

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
What if they don't draft one of those QB's and they turn out to be great?

If Pace doesn't see a QB that he likes than of course you don't draft a QB for the sake of drafting a QB, but that shouldn't be a reason to not move Cutler for more picks or to put the team in a better position to draft a player they really want.

So if you were Pace and you didn't like any of the QBs, you would play Clausen or Fales this year?

RisWell

Liked Posts:

It doesnt get any worse then what we saw from Cutler last year. Mariota, Hundley, and Petty all might be horrible but will still be a upgrade over Cutler.

Cutler is so damn bad right now that if Fox and Pace are true to there word about the QB spot being up for grabs then nobody will be shocked if sorry ass Clausen wins it.

Packer Fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't you feel like a QB will show up eventually in 2-3 years. But 10 years in think is pushing it. One thing I know is that you know you have a good QB when he can make receivers look better than they are. The truth is that it's been opposite for him. As much as I have wanted to root I gave up on him about 2-3 years ago. I am actually shocked that he was benched I think for the first time last year and Claussen played no worse than Jay or may be a tad worse but that's a given for a guy who hasn't played really in a long time.

Anyways Go Bears

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jay's passer rating over 15 games: 88.6
Clausen's rating: 71.8

That's a substantial difference. You are seeing what you want to see when you think those two are comparable.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
So if you were Pace and you didn't like any of the QBs, you would play Clausen or Fales this year?

If I could deal Cutler for something that would improve the team in other areas, yes with out a doubt. They have already said that they will employ a run heavy game and limit what the QB will be doing. The Bears don't need Cutler to hand the ball off and do minimal QB work. At that point Claussen can do the job.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

I would :fap: if we got Petty in the 3rd. I think Hundley Does, and will continue to suck. But, that's just my opinion, as far as Hundley.

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
If I could deal Cutler for something that would improve the team in other areas, yes with out a doubt. They have already said that they will employ a run heavy game and limit what the QB will be doing. The Bears don't need Cutler to hand the ball off and do minimal QB work. At that point Claussen can do the job.

If we had, or Cutler had accepted that plan, we may have made the playoffs more than once.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

Except clausen already had that fucking chance and sucked. I think you might want to boycott the beats and the forum as long as Cutler plays. Its unfair to you and others who have to suffer through him

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
It doesnt get any worse then what we saw from Cutler last year. Mariota, Hundley, and Petty all might be horrible but will still be a upgrade over Cutler.

Cutler is so damn bad right now that if Fox and Pace are true to there word about the QB spot being up for grabs then nobody will be shocked if sorry ass Clausen wins it.

You think last year Jay Cutler had the worst QB season in NFL History? Have you seen the stats of other QBs?

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:

Do you think Cutler could win on another team?

If not, why would another team make a trade for Cutler then?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
If we had, or Cutler had accepted that plan, we may have made the playoffs more than once.

Probably, but at this point it isn't what Cutler could or couldn't do...it's what does will Cutler bring to the table and will that make the team better 3-4 years down the road. At this point not only do I feel that Cutler will not make the Bears a better overall team in that time frame, but it doesn't seem like Pace and Fox feel that way either.

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Except clausen already had that fucking chance and sucked. I think you might want to boycott the beats and the forum as long as Cutler plays. Its unfair to you and others who have to suffer through him

I'm sorry but playing 1 game against a very strong Detroit defense and still keeping the team within 1 TD of a win is not what I would consider a chance...besides if Claussen does suck and the Bears only win 2-3 games this coming year and they end up having the top pick in the 2016 draft would that be a bad thing? What QB's are expected to come out and where are they ranked at the moment?

gpphat

Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Do you think Cutler could win on another team?

If not, why would another team make a trade for Cutler then?

Sure, a team with a strong defense and a strong run game can win with Cutler. Sometimes a change of scenery can do a player wonders. Sometimes a coach/gm is desperate enough to feel that a QB is what they need to take that next step (see Angelo, Jerry). A team like the Browns who have an underrated defense and a good young running game may actually want to take a chance on Cutler. If Cutler doesn't pan out they can roll with Hoyer or throw Manziel back into the mix.

Burque

Huevos Rancheros
Liked Posts:
Sure, a team with a strong defense and a strong run game can win with Cutler. Sometimes a change of scenery can do a player wonders. Sometimes a coach/gm is desperate enough to feel that a QB is what they need to take that next step (see Angelo, Jerry). A team like the Browns who have an underrated defense and a good young running game may actually want to take a chance on Cutler. If Cutler doesn't pan out they can roll with Hoyer or throw Manziel back into the mix.

Unless we make them give us Manziel in the trade!

Uncle Zeek

Liked Posts:
Hoyer is a Texan now. They do have McCown however.