Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
So what did we bring this guy into do again?

Oh yeah, that's right... BLOCK. He's supposed to be an excellant blocker, and I still haven't seen that this season.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
He has looked OK...but he can't block the whole DL.

Lefty

Liked Posts:
He has looked OK...but he can't block the whole DL.

No, he was getting eaten alive just like the rest of the blockers out there. He looked a little better than Greg Olsen, but he was brought in to be way better than Olsen, and he hasn't been. Now, maybe that's a testament to just how bad our tackles are, but I would think even a bad tackle and an "omg he's such a good blocker" TE should be able to hold off the pass rush, at least from their end.

There was one play where Cutler was flanked by both Olsen and Manumaleuna, and they both promptly got destroyed by pass rushers. There was virtually no difference between the effectiveness of their blocking abilities side by side.

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
No, he was getting eaten alive just like the rest of the blockers out there. He looked a little better than Greg Olsen, but he was brought in to be way better than Olsen, and he hasn't been. Now, maybe that's a testament to just how bad our tackles are, but I would think even a bad tackle and an "omg he's such a good blocker" TE should be able to hold off the pass rush, at least from their end.

There was one play where Cutler was flanked by both Olsen and Manumaleuna, and they both promptly got destroyed by pass rushers. There was virtually no difference between the effectiveness of their blocking abilities side by side.

Yeah, I seen this one yesterday as he got schooled by the defender. However, he's not the one giving up the sacks (he has given up some but not a lot like the others. But, he has gotten beat). It's usually Ominlyle and Shafer, but Louis and Garza has too. Olin has looked the best by far.

Scoot26

Administrator
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Manumaleuna just seems like a waste of space that wasnt needed when you already had an okay blocker in Desmond Clark.

Rex Jaybels

Liked Posts:
In response to the title of this thread: Sucks

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Manumaleuna just seems like a waste of space that wasnt needed when you already had an okay blocker in Desmond Clark.

I agree that money could and should have been used to go out and get a couple of good O linemen. Then we wouldn't have needed extra blockers all the time.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's ok, we only signed him for 5 years.

Status
Not open for further replies.