Breaking News: Peavy Hurt Again

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
doesnt matter to me. i looked at this season not banking on him at all. thank god i did that or i would be pissed off right now, but this is what i expected.

AE23

from 68th
Donator
Liked Posts:
doesnt matter to me. i looked at this season not banking on him at all. thank god i did that or i would be pissed off right now, but this is what i expected.

yeah, i didnt think it would be easy to come back from his injury, still sucks, pile on the bad news

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't think he was worth a damn this season at all... but this just proves that his career is over, IMO. What a complete waste of $$$$ and Clayton Richards. Kenny Williams certainly had a hard on for Jake and Adam Dunn. I really, really, really, really hope that Dunn doesn't bomb like Peavy has.

I posted in the Tampa game day thread, when are people going to start holding Ozzie responsible? Well, is it about time to hold Kenny responsible? He has found some hidden gems in the past, but boy, could some of these HUGE contracts have been spent on MUCH better players.

Not surprising at all.

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I didn't think he was worth a damn this season at all... but this just proves that his career is over, IMO. What a complete waste of $$$$ and Clayton Richards. Kenny Williams certainly had a hard on for Jake and Adam Dunn. I really, really, really, really hope that Dunn doesn't bomb like Peavy has.

I posted in the Tampa game day thread, when are people going to start holding Ozzie responsible? Well, is it about time to hold Kenny responsible? He has found some hidden gems in the past, but boy, could some of these HUGE contracts have been spent on MUCH better players.

Not surprising at all.

GMs hit and miss all the time.

Adam Dunn will be fine, i think you are overreacting on that.

Peavy was a bad move for sure, and IMO i dont think he pitches again as well

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
tough break for peavy...guy just cant seem to stay healthy.

Hope he can pitch again

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
GMs hit and miss all the time.

Adam Dunn will be fine, i think you are overreacting on that.

Peavy was a bad move for sure, and IMO i dont think he pitches again as well

I agree and I'm sure Dunn will be fine.

I just wish we had Clayton Richards and all that money to spend on a real pitcher :(

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Just retire already.

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
This thread is similar to "Breaking News, the Cubs aren't winning the WS this year."

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
Hahahahaha, that was a good one :lol:

would be better if I wasn't a Cubs fan :(

Just saying, Peavy's done, and it wasn't a smart move the white sox to give him a contract..or pay for what he had left, or whatever they did.

That being said, if it panned out, I'd be eating major crow...

so take it fwiw.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Feel bad for Peavy

shit happens to a good guy

Is he a "good" guy? From everything I've heard, he is head-strong, has an ego and lies to his coaches about how he feels. Hell, earlier in the off-season, he went back to his Padres coaches for advice instead of consulting Cooper. He pushes himself too hard, IMO, doesn't listen to coaches and that looks like he thinks about the short term instead of the long term. To me, that means he thinks about himself instead of the team.

I could be waaaay off. Obviously, I don't know the guy. But from everything I've read and seen, he seems like a me-first guy.

Gunzaan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
would be better if I wasn't a Cubs fan :(

Just saying, Peavy's done, and it wasn't a smart move the white sox to give him a contract..or pay for what he had left, or whatever they did.

That being said, if it panned out, I'd be eating major crow...

so take it fwiw.

I think it is a safe bet to say it won't pan out. The crow won't be anywhere near you :)

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Is he a "good" guy? From everything I've heard, he is head-strong, has an ego and lies to his coaches about how he feels. Hell, earlier in the off-season, he went back to his Padres coaches for advice instead of consulting Cooper. He pushes himself too hard, IMO, doesn't listen to coaches and that looks like he thinks about the short term instead of the long term. To me, that means he thinks about himself instead of the team.

I could be waaaay off. Obviously, I don't know the guy. But from everything I've read and seen, he seems like a me-first guy.

Did you listen to the interview, what a fucking joke, that is what really set me off about this guy. Like I said, I planned on this season without him, and not having him pitch again wouldnt phase me.