Brent Morel Watch: No Roster Space For Him

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
cue up brett stating to bring him up and bench youk for no reason.

nickofypres

Super Nintendo Chalmers
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Toledo Rockets
Let Morel spend all of 2012 in AAA Charlotte, let him get back into a groove with zero pressure.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
Morel needs to work with a true third baseman, sign Joe Crede to be Brent Morel's mentor please

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is Ventura still backing the whole "He won't lose his job because of an injury" thing. No?

My personal opinion is agreeing with what a couple of you said. Leave him in AAA for the rest of the year. Let him develop a little down there while the Sox don't need him anyway and then see what he does next spring.

whitesoxman77

Jr. White Sox GM
Donator
Liked Posts:
So is Ventura still backing the whole "He won't lose his job because of an injury" thing. No?

My personal opinion is agreeing with what a couple of you said. Leave him in AAA for the rest of the year. Let him develop a little down there while the Sox don't need him anyway and then see what he does next spring.

The real question is, do we have enough faith in trying the experiment again next year, or do we sign Youk to a 2 year extension?

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
The real question is, do we have enough faith in trying the experiment again next year, or do we sign Youk to a 2 year extension?

I'd say to sign Youk. Then see what happens in the spring and make a decision from there. Decide if Morel should be a bench 3B, if he needs more AAA time, if he's starter quality in which case you trade Youk, or if he's trash.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
cue up brett stating to bring him up and bench youk for no reason.

While Morel's d is better, from what I have seen from Youikie it isn't that much better and I would rather ride out Youkie's slump. But perhaps you can make an over/under thread of how many homers Morel will hit in the bigs the reat of the year and everyone will pick it correctly. ;)

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
While Morel's d is better, from what I have seen from Youikie it isn't that much better and I would rather ride out Youkie's slump. But perhaps you can make an over/under thread of how many homers Morel will hit in the bigs the reat of the year and everyone will pick it correctly. ;)

Youk's defense hasn't been much worse than Morel's. And his offense has been a lot better than Morel.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
^ Uh, didn't I basically say that?

DewsSox79

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Scott Merkin‏@scottmerkin

KW said that there's no roster space for Morel right now. So they will let him play out and make a decision when they have to make one

TheChicagoFan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
It's honestly better for him to be in AAA. Does him no good to be on the bench on the Sox.

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
I don't think I would even call him up in September possibly. It will be interesting to see what the W. Sox do in the off season at 3b

brett05

867-5309
Liked Posts:
If he's cheap like under $7 million I would do it. More than that I think we gotta see another option.