Briggs 'hurt' by Bears' trade of Brown to Saints

Status
Not open for further replies.
Liked Posts:
Staff report

Bears linebacker Lance Briggs addresses his disappointment with the trade of defensive end Alex Brown, his difficult relationship with his father and his well-publicized Lamborghiniaccident in the summer of 2007 in a sit-down interview with Comcast SportsNet.

"When I first heard it, I was pissed," Briggs said of the trade that sent Brown to New Orleans shortly after the Bears signed Julius Peppers. "I was hurt. I thought bringing in Peppers was one of the greatest moves that theBears had made, and then you get rid of you know, the other side. Imean, I just saw Alex having the highest sack total he's ever had. Butwhen I sat down and thought about it for a while, I understand the move. I don't like it, but I understand the move." Briggs said he has had a contentious relationship with his father and hasn't spoken with him for a couple of years.

"Last time Ireally spoke with my dad was when I brought my son down to see him forthe first time," Briggs said. "It was good. I mean it was a good trip, it was a goodvisit. He was excited and happy, but contact with my dad was just...wehaven't...it just hasn't been there. I mean things have happened in thepast that we kind of grew apart and I kind of respect the fact that hehasn't pressed in my life. I think that he, in my mind, I think hefeels that if he does, I'd feel it wasn't genuine. So you know, hekind of decides to stay away."

Briggs said he learned a lesson when he survived the well-publicized crash of his Lamborghini on the Edens in 2007.

"I lost control...I crashed it good," he said. "I didn't have any injuries, I feelvery lucky. It kind of hit more when I got a call from my mom and shekind of talked about that if I didn't live through that, I would neverhave gotten a chance to see my kids grow up. That kind of really hitme.

"I don't really look at things as regrets. All the decisions that Ihave made haven't been the best decisions, I've made poor decisions,but I think everything that you do is something to learn from. Andeverything you go through makes you a stronger person. So for me, Idon't regret a whole lot."

Briggs' interview on Comcast's "Inside Look" series will air at 11 p.m. Monday, with repeat airings at 7 p.m. on July 6, 4:30 p.m. on July 8, 5 p.m. on July 16, 11 p.m. on July 18 and 9:30 p.m. on July 22.

More...

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
Old news and he was cut, not traded

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Yeah, and fix that bot's space bar, too, damnit!

Status
Not open for further replies.