Bring Back The Honey Bears!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
The Bears need to bring the Honey Bears out of mothballs for the playoffs. I enjoyed the Fridgettes but I'd prefer to keep them a distant memory.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weren't the Honey Bears fired for "fraternizing" with the team?

tsk. tsk.

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
Weren't the Honey Bears fired for "fraternizing" with the team?

tsk. tsk.

Were did you hear that? Do you have an online source for this?

The Honey Bears were terminated because George "Papa Bear" Halas died, and Virginia McCaskey took over ownership of the team.

From the "official" Chciacgo Honey Bears Website:
ChicagoHoneyBears.net

Upon being asked about the situation, [manager & choreographer Cathy] Core was quoted as saying, “At the time, they told me it was basically a change in philosophy. The Bears wanted to be about blood-and-guts football and football only. I think there are certain people in the (McCaskey) family who have dominated the negative part of the issue, and as long as those people are still around and still vocal, I don’t think the Honey Bears will come back.” An official reason has never been given by the Bears organization, but it has been said that Virginia McCaskey, the daughter of George Halas, was known to think that cheerleaders were sexist and degrading to women and that inevitably, she was the one who made the final decision. The Honey Bears were terminated because of the will of one individual and not the will of the fans; at the time fan, polls supported the Honey Bears three to one.

There have been a couple attempts by some people in the Bears organization to bring back the Honey Bears, but to no avail. It is said each time things look promising; Virginia McCaskey eventually nixes the idea. Every time they try, they get the same answer from her. Something along the lines of, ‘As long as I own the Bears, there will never be female cheerleaders on the sidelines’.

There is a petition drive to bring the Honey Bears back, but as long as Virginia McCaskey is still alive, or at least as long as she maintains control of the team, I don't think it will happen.

Capt. Serious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
What, she doesn't want Bear fans seeing hot cheerleaders nice racks/buns?

TopekaRoy

The Wizard of OZ
Donator
Liked Posts:
She says she thinks it's sexist and degrading to women, but my guess is that she really thinks that it's "unseemly" and "these trashy women parading around half naked" are inappropriate for children and not "family friendly."

In other words, she's a prude!

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Were did you hear that? Do you have an online source for this?

The Honey Bears were terminated because George "Papa Bear" Halas died, and Virginia McCaskey took over ownership of the team.

From the "official" Chciacgo Honey Bears Website:

There is a petition drive to bring the Honey Bears back, but as long as Virginia McCaskey is still alive, or at least as long as she maintains control of the team, I don't think it will happen.

Yeah, that might be the publicly released reason...I am only going from memory. I sure could be wrong, though...but then again, so could Virginia's public statement.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
honeybears.jpg

I had to look up this picture.

From what I remember the Honey Bears were pretty upset when they got deisbanded.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
I understand that Virginia is willing but only if she can be the head cheerleader.

Status
Not open for further replies.