Bring Jimmy G home in 2023?

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
No way SF can re-sign Jimmy Garoppolo next season with Trey Lance in the wings.

A nice 3-4 year contract and some stability at the QB for the Bears? He will have better offers but he may want to wind down his career in his hometown.

Seahawks will definitely come calling for him, maybe also the Giants wanting to upgrade from Daniel Jones or the Bucs if Brady leaves.

Most good teams right now are solid at QB and Jimmy won't have a ton of chances to go to a contender.

Fields becomes the backup next season and the Bears draft a developmental QB behind Jimmy G.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
You have to accept the possibility that Fields ends up a bust. At this point you just have to. Nobody wants it to happen. But at the end of this season if we know that Fields is not the guy why not bring in a solid veteran who actually might want to come to Chicago?

Enasic

Who are the brain police?
Liked Posts:
No. He Is not better than fields with Bears roster.
That is almost assuredly false. That said, I wouldn’t spend big on JG. He’s a good QB, just not a franchise level QB.

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
You have to accept the possibility that Fields ends up a bust. At this point you just have to. Nobody wants it to happen. But at the end of this season if we know that Fields is not the guy why not bring in a solid veteran who actually might want to come to Chicago?
What's Jimmy g do for this team? Make them still bad but with no hope

Speed

Liked Posts:
If Fields is a bust might as well let everything bottom out. It'll work itself out. Either he'll miraculously get it together or he'll have us in a position to draft his replacement.

Mighty Joe Young

Living in Troll's Heads Rent-Free for Decades
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Yep I need to stay off of this board for a while. The threads get dumber and dumber lol ???

All I know, is I expect this forum will be filled to the brim with dick-ripping and cunting when the Bears DON'T replace Justin Fields next offseason, even though we've been telling these clowns that isn't going to happen.

BearFanJohn

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

There is little to nothing about this season to provide any information about Fields' future with the Bears. Bad receivers and a bad offensive line (some might say really bad for both positions) are slowing his progress and potentially hurting his career. Lets see what a couple new receivers and 0-linemen can do. Fields may certainly be a bust but it is way to early to tell because of how bad this team is. I'm not sold on him but I don't think this train-wreck of an offense is his doing alone.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
All I know, is I expect this forum will be filled to the brim with dick-ripping and cunting when the Bears DON'T replace Justin Fields next offseason, even though we've been telling these clowns that isn't going to happen.
We heard you the first 20 times you posted this.

bamainatlanta

You wake him up, you keep him up
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
No one is saying Fields won’t bust, because it currently looks like he is a bust. What they are laughing at is bringing Jimmy G on and keeping Fields and drafting another QB. Any QB of note would have to be on the roster and not the PS. If they draft a high QB, trading Fields would be the best thing to do.

wonky73

Las Vegas Sorts News
Liked Posts:
giphy.webp

didshereallysaythat

Liked Posts:
No one is saying Fields won’t bust, because it currently looks like he is a bust. What they are laughing at is bringing Jimmy G on and keeping Fields and drafting another QB. Any QB of note would have to be on the roster and not the PS. If they draft a high QB, trading Fields would be the best thing to do.
No to Jimmy G.

But drafting a QB and keeping Fields on the roster on his rookie deal is good for everyone. QB competition can help the new guy as well as Fields. And it's not like we would be getting a high return in a Fields trade anyway. Maybe a 2nd rounder? Let's flip it around. Say Lawrence doesn't improve. What would you be willing to give up to get him next year? Same scenario really. A QB after 2 years that has not shown improvement is not going to render anything near where they were drafted. That's why you keep him on the roster. It would be crazy to just cut him when he his making peanuts and still has some potential.

mattb78

My threads are FTO !
Liked Posts:
No one is saying Fields won’t bust, because it currently looks like he is a bust. What they are laughing at is bringing Jimmy G on and keeping Fields and drafting another QB.
Fair enough. I think he will be the best veteran available.

Regardless of Fields, what I would like to see the Bears start developing backup QBs and have some depth and flexibility at the position.

FYI in the last 30 years Bears have only drafted one QB in the middle rounds (2-4) and that was Kyle Orton.

cameronkrazie86

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Atlanta Braves
  1. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Vegas Golden Knights
  1. Duke Blue Devils
  2. Nebraska Cornhuskers
Jimmy G has more talent around him in SF than he ever would as a Bears QB. He has one elite WR in Deebo, another really good one in Aiyuk, one of the best tight ends in the league in Kittle (when he's healthy which has been a problem) and the best LT in the league. He also has one of the best defenses in the league (though they're currently being decimated by injuries). Despite all these advantages, he was the anchor that sunk the 49ers in the playoffs. If he were even a league average QB, the 49ers have two championships.

If the goal is to win the Super Bowl, you aren't winning it with him as your QB. There's a reason the 49ers traded all those picks to get his successor.

If Fields is a bust, draft another QB and try again. But for the love of god, don't invest big money in a QB that won't get you any closer to winning a championship.