Broken Back Romo

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Once again. See you later Cowboys. Romo is done.

Bear_Assed

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
will still have a better record than the bears.

BNB

Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  2. Oakland Raiders
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
That's a bummer for Romo. Couldn't stay healthy last season, and is already set to miss most of this season. I think he should retire. He's had enough back injuries.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That's a bummer for Romo. Couldn't stay healthy last season, and is already set to miss most of this season. I think he should retire. He's had enough back injuries.

Seems so....he might need to consider his long term health depending on the details of this injury.

SlickWilly

Team Ignore Member #2
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Detroit Pistons
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. North Carolina Tar Heels
Dak Prescott has been looking studly; should be interesting.

If he keeps that play up in the regular season it won't be a problem. I'm interested to see how he does in the regular season.

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'm gonna be pissed if a) they have a winning record with Prescott by mid-season b) if they make the playoffs with him Why...cuz we had 3 chances 2 get him.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm gonna be pissed if a) they have a winning record with Prescott by mid-season b) if they make the playoffs with him Why...cuz we had 3 chances 2 get him.

Bears could have drafted A Rodgers too, are you still feeling the sting from that?

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
I could try to think of a very talented QB who has had worse luck throughout his career, but I doubt any come close to Tony.

Spunky Porkstacker

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
FRISCO, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is wearing a back brace as he begins his recovery from a compression fracture of his L1 vertebrathat he suffered Thursday against the Seattle SeahawksRomo's fracture was diagnosed on Friday after he had an MRI. After the game, Romo said he felt fine and was even more confident his back could withstand a hit like the one he took Thursday from Seahawks defensive end Cliff Avril.
For now, Romo's rehab will consist of rest and immobility, but Garrett will not rule him out of the Sept. 11 season opener against the New York Giants. A source said Romo will miss 6-10 weeks.
"We've gotten a lot of different timetables for when he can return," Garrett said. "We also know that he's played with a broken bone in his back before, so there's no reason for me to stand up here and put a timetable on this. I think a lot of other people outside of this building have suggested they know what the timetable is. That's not the world we live in. We live in the world day by day, do what you can to get yourself better and we'll update you as we go."
In 2014, Romo missed one game after suffering two transverse process fractures after getting kneed in the back against the Washington Redskins. The Cowboys went 1-11 in games played without Romo last year after he broke his left collarbone twice.
Sunday is the first full practice day for the Cowboys since Romo got hurt. They had a conditioning run and walk-through on Saturday. Dak Prescott, who will replace Romo as the starter, is taking the first-team snaps with Jameill Showersas the backup. The Cowboys will look for veteran help at backup during Romo's absence.
Garrett told the players of Romo's injury after Saturday's workout.

i

After missing 12 games last season -- and 27 games since the start of 2008 -- Cowboys QB Tony Romo will begin the 2016 season on the sideline, as sources confirmed that he's likely to miss 6-10 weeks.
SEASONINJURYGAMES
MISSED
2016Fractured vertebra???
2015Fractured clavicle5*
2015Fractured clavicle7*
2014Back injury1
2013Back surgery1
2010Broken left collarbone10
2008Broken finger3
* Underwent clavicle surgery in March 2016

link

run and shoot

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
FRISCO, Texas -- Dallas Cowboys quarterback Tony Romo is wearing a back brace as he begins his recovery from a compression fracture of his L1 vertebrathat he suffered Thursday against the Seattle SeahawksRomo's fracture was diagnosed on Friday after he had an MRI. After the game, Romo said he felt fine and was even more confident his back could withstand a hit like the one he took Thursday from Seahawks defensive end Cliff Avril.
For now, Romo's rehab will consist of rest and immobility, but Garrett will not rule him out of the Sept. 11 season opener against the New York Giants. A source said Romo will miss 6-10 weeks.
"We've gotten a lot of different timetables for when he can return," Garrett said. "We also know that he's played with a broken bone in his back before, so there's no reason for me to stand up here and put a timetable on this. I think a lot of other people outside of this building have suggested they know what the timetable is. That's not the world we live in. We live in the world day by day, do what you can to get yourself better and we'll update you as we go."
In 2014, Romo missed one game after suffering two transverse process fractures after getting kneed in the back against the Washington Redskins. The Cowboys went 1-11 in games played without Romo last year after he broke his left collarbone twice.
Sunday is the first full practice day for the Cowboys since Romo got hurt. They had a conditioning run and walk-through on Saturday. Dak Prescott, who will replace Romo as the starter, is taking the first-team snaps with Jameill Showersas the backup. The Cowboys will look for veteran help at backup during Romo's absence.
Garrett told the players of Romo's injury after Saturday's workout.

i

After missing 12 games last season -- and 27 games since the start of 2008 -- Cowboys QB Tony Romo will begin the 2016 season on the sideline, as sources confirmed that he's likely to miss 6-10 weeks.
SEASONINJURYGAMES
MISSED
2016Fractured vertebra???
2015Fractured clavicle5*
2015Fractured clavicle7*
2014Back injury1
2013Back surgery1
2010Broken left collarbone10
2008Broken finger3
* Underwent clavicle surgery in March 2016

link

Boy, I actually feel bad for Romo. I didn't realize he had so many injuries yr. 2 yr.

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
so you saying i should draft Dak Prescott tonight in my draft?

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
IMO Romo is done. Look at all the great players specifically at that position in Peyton and Favre. Both guys were iron men, but at a certain age smaller hits cause greater impact and the body just takes longer than a week to recover.

This last hit wasn't dirty or a play where Romo was being risky. He stepped up as the pocket collapsed around him, started to run, then decided to slide. When he was 27-28 he would have either scrambled a bit faster avoiding the hit or gotten hit, but avoided injury.

The Cowboys have restructured his deal so much that next year is the first time they can move on and it would create cap space ($5.1M). IMO he'll retire after June and they'll be allowed to spread his remaining cap hit over the past two years.

cubby chubby

Liked Posts:
In 2011 he also played with a broken rib and a punctured lung. At the same time I also had a broken rib, and it hurt like a sumbich. I couldn't imagine playing football with one. he's definitely not a pussy, but rather unlucky. At least he got to have sex with Jessica Simpson, so there's that.