Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
I'll start.

Strop has been looking very good. It seems to me he had some trouble earlier in the season locating, but has gotten straightened out and much better. He has some excellent movement on his pitches. He looks to be able to fill the role of the setup man.

JZsportsfan

Liked Posts:
He can have issues with consistency but he probably has the best arm in the pen. Ramirez is also in that discussion. Sort of hope Ramirez gets stretched out to see what he can do out of the rotation

Parade_Rain

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Illinois Fighting Illini
Rondon is starting to look good in the closer role, too...now that they've had more chances to be in save situations.

Captain Obvious

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I see no reason to stretch Ramirez out. We have enough rotation options.

But I love our bullpen. Strop, Ramirez, Rondon all look great. Hopefully we can trade Rondon next year at the deadline for something good and Vizcaino can take the role over.

CSF77

Liked Posts:
I see no reason to stretch Ramirez out. We have enough rotation options.

But I love our bullpen. Strop, Ramirez, Rondon all look great. Hopefully we can trade Rondon next year at the deadline for something good and Vizcaino can take the role over.

I would trade Jackson the the Pills for Brown. That takes care of LF (maybe) http://isportsweb.com/2014/08/16/ph...ed&utm_campaign=Feed:+isportsweb+(isportsweb)

Some issues with him: High points:

However, things could not be any different this season. Brown has struggled throughout the season, batting only .226 with 7 homers and 53 RBIs. On top of this, Brown has struggled in the field as well, even being booed for letting a fly ball fall in front of him against the Mets last Sunday. This only adds to his trouble since, as once written by Ben Revere, Brown’s struggles in both areas leave no positives. If he was struggling in one area, his success in another would allow his shortcomings to be overlooked. This was evident last season when Brown had 5 errors, which are rarely discussed due to how successful he was at the plate.

Although the outfielder is still young, being only 26, it is time for the Phillies to decide whether or not it is time to give up on him. As things stand now, Brown is the odd man out in the outfield. Marlon Byrd has been one of the team’s best players, Revere is now batting over .300, and Grady Sizemore has been one of the surprise pickups that have worked out for the Phillies. On top of this, Darin Ruf has been getting some starts in the outfield as well. The biggest problem that Brown faces however, is himself. He does not seem to have any fire to improve, as in interviews he seems to believe that if he keeps working at it things will just come around.

Compare this to Ryan Howard, back when he was MVP and a perennial All-Star, would often arrive in Florida before spring training in order to work on improving his weak defense. It seems as though Brown is expecting his talent alone to carry him through his struggles and to major league success. An attitude like that should make the team’s decision easier.

1. So his D is meh. It was over glossed last year with his production.
2. He is lazy.
3. He is the odd man out right now.

So in reality him and Jackson are in the same boat right now.

So that would open 1 roster spot.

If they add Turner. Who I believe they should regardless of what happens this offseason. That puts the rotation at Arrieta, Hendricks, Wada, Wood, Turner.

Now if they get Lester I would trade Wood. Some team will give up a quality prospect (100-200 range). Looking at the numbers it would be a wise choice. He should be hitting arb2 and looking at 5 mil off a down year. Sell early there is question of a bounce back from both teams involved. But looking at his BB/9 and his FIP it would make sense to do so. He is a league avg pitcher at best and was lucky last year and this year he has little and less command going on.

Wada would cost 1/10 the amount next year and is a easy option to move out of the rotation if they trade for a TOR if next year calls for it. Cubs have a option on him and it makes sense pulling it after his performance this year.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
From what I'm seeing the bullpen has a lot of real strong arms. They just need to throw strikes. I'm really impressed with Ramirez who I see as the closer in waiting. Grim is a different pitcher when he throws strikes....same with Strop and Rondon. These kids are growing up in a hurry....enough so that the team might be a little ahead of its timetable for being a contender.