Bulls assistant Adrian Griffin to interview for Cavs HC vacancy

JosMin

Entirely too much tuna
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
http://www.cbssports.com/nba/eye-on...-interview-with-cavs-tuesday-others-to-follow

Some of us felt like the Bulls losing Ron Adams was a big deal last season and now Adrian Griffin could be leaving after interviewing with the Cavs today for the head coaching vacancy. If Griffin is selected, it could be a nice place for him to begin as a rookie coach -- Kyrie Irving, Tristan Thompson, Dion Waiters, whoever their #1 ends up being.....

If Griffin leaves, is it a big deal?

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
He's our best assistant IMO, but not much of a loss. I hope if he goes, we have the chance to bring in someone better. Ron Adams was much better.

#bringhoibergassistant :pray:

czman

Liked Posts:
Impossible to say. No one here has any clue what is going on behind the scenes and knows what the inner working of the Bulls coaching staff really is.

I have watched enough games to know that Tibs does not consult his assistant coaches during the game very often, one of his weakness.

The reality is the Bulls have been a below average offensive team and a top defensive team since Tibs has been here. I doubt this changes either of those. I am not sure how much Tibs actually leverages his assistants. They say all he does is work. He almost never sits on the bench during games.

I have to go with a known issue until shown otherwise.

I also did not think losing Ron Adams was a big deal. The Bulls were the Bulls. I did not see much of a difference, outside of talent.

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
I think I see it more, because my season ticket is within spitting distance of the Bulls bench. Thibs consults his staff a lot more than Vinny or Skiles.