Bulls Interest In Iverson Real

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
Chris Broussard was on ESPN talking about the Allen Iverson situation.

He said that Memphis is the best fit, because they can offer him the MLE or more. The problem with Memphis is that they are looking for Iverson to be a scorer off the bench, which Iverson might not jive with.

The Bulls (Bobcats and Heat too) are looking at bringing Iverson in on the Biannual exception or the veteran's minimum.

A sign and trade with Detroit for Iverson to Chicago and Ben to Detroit, is very, very, very, very, very unlikely.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
If the Bulls get him, it will be for dirt cheap. That is pretty much the way it is. They expect him to be a good soldier after going through what has to be an embarrassing ordeal for a former MVP.

dougthonus

Liked Posts:
I'd probably be okay with Iverson at the vet min. If he's a distraction you just cut him. He could add something to your team in the mean time. Way, way more than any other vet minimum player, the problem is that you're going to have to deal with him potentially disrupting the chemistry of the team.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I just don't see him doing that, after what he has had to deal with this offseason, again, this has to be embarrassing for him. He can come in and try to help Rose progress and be a good soldier, or pretty much damn his legacy.

He was the best undersized SG I can remember seeing when it came to scoring. While I like other little guys better, he had so much heart and determination and was a legitimate franchise player. All of his accomplishments could be damaged if he pulls off those type of shenanigans again.

J-Mart

Liked Posts:
I would be ok with him at the minimum. If we somehow could manage to get him or Pargo on a low salary it will at least ease the pain of losing Ben a tiny bit for me.

flipcyde23

Liked Posts:
More "CANCER" than "ANSWER"....This better not happen. Please do not infect that locker room. We've fully recovered from Larry Hughes and Ben Wallace now you want to add this piece of crap?

Remember this quote: "PRACTICE?!! We talkin' bout practice..."

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
If he shows signs of being cancerous, he can be cut, or even traded right away, no questions asked. I don't think he will come here because the Bulls have a legitimate 3rd guard he is competent at both guard positions in Kirk. Pargo is an NBA 4th guard, Iverson is a legitimate starter/3rd guard, depends on what team he is playing for. I am still surprised at the cold shoulder this once great player is getting, it is somewhat shocking.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
dougthonus wrote:
I'd probably be okay with Iverson at the vet min. If he's a distraction you just cut him. He could add something to your team in the mean time. Way, way more than any other vet minimum player, the problem is that you're going to have to deal with him potentially disrupting the chemistry of the team.
I don't think he'd be a problem on this team. He would be getting his shots and PT and I think this would clear the way to deal Kirk. Iverson has to know that this is his last shot on the league. I just don't get why the bulls would do this? Why would we want to take the ball out of Rose's hands to give it to AI? Not to mention that has to be the worst defensive backcourt in the league. AI also makes BG look like a giant. I just don't get it. He isn't a long term answer and might net us a couple more wins this year.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I don't think he'd be a problem on this team. He would be getting his shots and PT and I think this would clear the way to deal Kirk. Iverson has to know that this is his last shot on the league. I just don't get why the bulls would do this? Why would we want to take the ball out of Rose's hands to give it to AI? Not to mention that has to be the worst defensive backcourt in the league. AI also makes BG look like a giant. I just don't get it.

Iverson wouldn't start. And he would play off of Rose, all of this would be explained to him during negotiations. He either agrees or signs elsewhere. This is low risk because of low amount of money and he is a free agent, so you lost nothing. I don't get how AI makes BG look like a giant. AI may be the best undersized SG ever. AI is a better defensive player than Gordon, because he at least plays the lanes well, if he can't keep a guard in front of him, he is one of the better guards all time in steals. AI was once a great player, I don't think he has lost it all yet. We will have to see.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
I don't think he'd be a problem on this team. He would be getting his shots and PT and I think this would clear the way to deal Kirk. Iverson has to know that this is his last shot on the league. I just don't get why the bulls would do this? Why would we want to take the ball out of Rose's hands to give it to AI? Not to mention that has to be the worst defensive backcourt in the league. AI also makes BG look like a giant. I just don't get it.

Iverson wouldn't start. And he would play off of Rose, all of this would be explained to him during negotiations. He either agrees or signs elsewhere. This is low risk because of low amount of money and he is a free agent, so you lost nothing. I don't get how AI makes BG look like a giant. AI may be the best undersized SG ever. AI was once a great player, I don't think he has lost it all yet. We will have to see.
It must be nice to live in a black and white world. I can't even go on if you can't even admit BG has a significant size difference.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
I didn't know you were talking size, I thought you were talking basketball ability.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
I didn't know you were talking size, I thought you were talking basketball ability.
I think he is a superior talent but thats besides the point. AI is clearly on the downside of his career while being tiny, losing a couple of steps and never to one to put the work into. I hope you don't really expect that AI will get a strict set of rules with a contract or expect him to see less than 30mpg. If anything AI will be haggling in a starting role during negotiations.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
He'd previously said he'd rather retire than come off the bench, it was his rationale for quitting on Detroit. I just can't see him coming here for a backup role.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
I don't really get the pursuit of Iverson, but if he's actually willing to sign for the vet minimum, that's a nice sign to me that he's serious, and as mentioned, it minimizes our damage if he doesn't work out, as waiving him doesn't mean all that much to us.

Jeez, so we are to believe the Bulls are interested in Iverson and Boozer? Suddenly, this could be a pretty entertaining year, full of drama, possibly controversy, and if all goes right, a pretty decent team.