Bulls set the market for Luol Deng?

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
might be a bit late to get that much...we might get one but both im not seeing...i'll give pax credit if he can manage to get both

as somebody said in the comments we shoulda traded him for Barnes 2 years ago

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
might be a bit late to get that much...we might get one but both im not seeing...i'll give pax credit if he can manage to get both

as somebody said in the comments we shoulda traded him for Barnes 2 years ago

Hindsight is 20/20...but I would think legions of fans would have been pissed if that trade was made.

ChiSoxCity

Liked Posts:
Hindsight is 20/20...but I would think legions of fans would have been pissed if that trade was made.

Who cares, most fans are ignorant homers anyway. It would have made the team better, period.

scottiepippen1994

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;E5Q7CcINC8M]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E5Q7CcINC8M[/video]

Moose27

Liked Posts:
I like Deng but this team needs to make changes this off-season. If there is trade that makes sense to the Bulls this season then they should go for it. A trade to the Cavs would not be good for us. Who would we get Dion Waiters? A first round picks sounds more appealing than Waiters because the draft is going to be deep. In the end, they should just let him walk along with cutting Boozer. It's time for Mirotec to head to Chicago and see if he can live up to the hype.

ChettheJet

Liked Posts:
What some mad baller fans never get, and post to prove it, is it's not all stats, PER and highlights in putting together a winning team. I said it before New Jersey has a highly paid roster of name players who individually can put up superstar stats but put them all on he same team and they have no roll players, not enough players who are willing to give up his scoring or even shot attempts, not enough willing to step up on defense, take a charge and rebound because it means fewer runouts and dunks for SportsCenter

Mike Brown says it:

“He’s just a tough, gritty veteran that really knows how to play. Derrick Rose obviously is the head of the snake for this team, but Luol is a very, very important piece,” Brown said. “He’s helped them win a lot of games. He makes them different because of his length and his ability to understand how to play the game the right way offensively. He’s a heck of a defender and he just does stuff that doesn’t add up in the box score, and on top of that, you have to game plan for him every time you step on the floor against the Bulls.”

Yes you need stars and big scorers to win but you also need to have players out there who see when someone else is doing it and step back and do the little things that win games. Game in and game out you see that Noah, Gibson, Hinrich, Butler and Deng all take that roll when necessary. If they had Rose out there to be the star this would be a championship contending team.

When people long for Mirotic, which role will he fill? Is he the instant superstar who will score every night or does he have the ability to be the smart roll player when he needs to be? You have no idea. Everybody lusts after lottery picks and these one year college players. Are they going to score 20+ every night? If you look at 3 current Bulls players, Gibson was 26 years old when drafted, Butler and Snell were seniors. They have had to adapt to the NBA but what they did not have to do is gain maturity and learn how to be an adult functioning in a new wide world on their own for the first time. And having to deal with immaturity holds many teams filled with young players back because their coach has to be their daddy and take time to exert personal discipline when he should be coaching ball.

Axl Rose

and I knew the silence of the world
Liked Posts:
Luol is a great player and i would love to keep him....but we need another big time scorer beside Rose and Luol is not that...so i dont want to invest 14 per year into him

and with Roses future in the air we shouldn't get locked into anymore big deals for players that arent stars

resigning Deng would be a bad move period....its more risk than reward....hes hit his peak and the only way he can go is down

chibears55

Liked Posts:
not going to get much for deng considering he gonna be a FA.. teams wont give up a young player and draft pick forva rent a player.. so unless they get a commitment from him to sign an extension after trade, bulls will only get player a team looking to dump..
Cavs could trade bynum in a deal for deng..

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I437 using Tapatalk

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Ironically, if Deng was signed through another season his trade value would be higher. It's only due to the unrestricted free agency that is upcoming that makes teams not want to give up anything for him. He's not a big enough name to demand that kind of return.

He's a fine player and one that I'd like to keep on the team if he didn't command 14 million. Unfortunately, he does and he's not such a great player that you look at him and say he paired with a superstar gets you a title. Great 3rd option if you got 2 stars, but sadly we do not and that's why he's got to be moved for something so we don't lose him for nothing or overpay him and further cripple our cap situation.

Liked Posts:
I don't necessarily agree with the default thinking that a team is better off just waiting until free agency to woo him. By waiting until free agency, you'd be one of several teams in a scrum. If you trade for him, meanwhile, you essentially could use that opportunity to get a leg up on the other teams who want him...essentially auditioning for his services.

There are some teams out there who gave been losing for sometime and have been in the lottery for several years. So they have a bunch of young players. Deng brings a professional work ethic that's a good example for younger players. Along with that, he makes winning plays that don't show up in the stat sheet. And on top of that, the east is suddenly in a place that makes it easy to take that next step.