Bulls shooting guard situation

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
After Ben Gordon has gone, who is our shooting guard behind Salmons?

Rose, Hinrich, Roberson and Hunter all are PGs. What about Nelson? I never saw him playing.

And for me Salmons is rather a small Forward than a shooting guard.

So in my eyes we need a new shooting guard. Who is available right now?

Great instead of one building lot we now have two. Really great. And the best thing is that we have nobady to offer for a trade. :dry:

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:

Rose, Hinrich, Roberson and Hunter all are PGs. What about Nelson? I never saw him playing.

Great instead of one building lot we now have two. Really great. And the best thing is that we have nobady to offer for a trade. :dry:

Roberson is a 2 guard he is no sg, and Nelson is a pg. I wish we had moved to get Morris Almond like the Knicks did.

Von Wafer, Anthony Parker, Flip Murray, Marquis Daniels are all options.

ryguy24

Liked Posts:
Hinrich, considering he's best at guarding 2's regardless.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I'm worried about the depth.

What if Deng goes down again with an injury (which is likely). Salmons moves to the 3 and Hinrich the 2. Who are our guards off the bench? Roberson? Hunter I don't think is under contract.

If the Bulls knew they weren't going to resign Gordon then they are pretty dumb for not drafting a guard.

RC_Skinny22

Sharpshooter
Donator
Liked Posts:
Exactly. I noticed this problem in the playoffs first when the Bulls were playing with a 7 or 8 player rotation. This can´t be a solution.

In my opinion you must have at least 10 players who can play without being a too high risk. So 2 starting lineups, a guard and a forward should be your 12 player roster you are allowed to use in games.

Bullsman24

Mr Metta World Peace
Liked Posts:
there's a chance that when deng goes down that we can play johnson at the 3 and keep salmons at the 2

TheStig

Liked Posts:
What situation, Hinrich is our savior, that evil BG kept him down. Now he and the bulls can flourish.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Bullseye wrote:

The guard depth is real thin right now. Hinrich is the only guard under a guaranteed contract. That's it. Nelson, who's a combo guard, is non-guaranteed as is Roberson, who's a 2. Those two will duke it out in summer league n we'll take who wins, which I expect to be Nelson.

For the meantime, Salmons should be the filler for BG, not the replacement, until 2010 when the Bulls can make a hard push for Joe Johnson, who may be the best available 2, & one of the best available FA's.

TheStig

Liked Posts:
bullsman24 wrote:
once again, good has prevailed... :p
Exactly the brain trust of mediocrity (JR/Gar/Pax) have decided in their infinite wisdom that Kirk is better. I expect to see it on the court now. 45 wins or bust.

charity stripe

Liked Posts:
If one of the guards gets injured, Roberson and Nelson will have to play. Why? Because Rein$dorf is a greedy bastard.

Simeon2UC

Liked Posts:
Portland - Hinrich, Collison

Chicago - Blake, Krstic

OKC - Przybilla, Outlaw

This way, James Johnson can play on the perimeter.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
This season is a wash, they won't say it but that is what it is. Then they will get their prototype guard in free agency, hopefully. I think that is their thinking. If they sign Gordon and dump Hinrich, they are in the same predicament. Finding a fourth guard to sit on the bench is nothing, the league is full of those.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Our guard depth is as follows (to my knowledge)
PG-Rose/Hinrich/Roberson/Nelson/Hunter(maybe)
SG-Salmons/Hinrich/Roberson/Nelson

I believe that either Nelson or Roberson will be gone after summer league. Regardless they aren't players we should be too thrilled about. My guess is that we have to go for someone like Parker Wafer etc to fill the "void" at SG.

Shakes

Iconoclast
Liked Posts:
I think you have to live with lack of depth. The alternative is there's not enough minutes when everyone is healthy. Players generally play better when given more minutes, so I think you optimize for the best case (everyone healthy) and not try to hedge your bets. If you get a string of injuries you're screwed anyway, there's no real point in trying to be slightly less screwed.

Newskoolbulls

Liked Posts:
Simeon2UC wrote:
Portland - Hinrich, Collison

Chicago - Blake, Krstic

OKC - Przybilla, Outlaw

This way, James Johnson can play on the perimeter.

what does this solve exactly?

Ralphb07

Liked Posts:
Like the poster said earlier if Deng goes down Johnson takes his spot and we'll use Tyrus and Salmons there to back up.

I still expect the Bulls to sign one of the FA SG that's avail right now

TheStig

Liked Posts:
Ralphb07 wrote:
Like the poster said earlier if Deng goes down Johnson takes his spot and we'll use Tyrus and Salmons there to back up.

I still expect the Bulls to sign one of the FA SG that's avail right now
Johnson won't sniff 30mpg next year, he will be lucky to get 20mpg. Deng normally plays 33mpg.

PJ Brown

Liked Posts:
You've got to sign an cheap emergency guard who can contribute in case of fouls and injury. The names that have been kicking around are fine by me: Parker, Murray, Head, etc.