C.Wentz Bears QB 2021?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Or is he a QB that's had a couple really good seasons that just had one horrible season? That's something we won't know until we get to see if he can turn it back around which is also a huge chance to take. I would need them to eat some of his money, take Foles back in the trade and not give them much at all in draft picks, if anything. I don't expect you to understand so early into you being a football fan but it'll come to you eventually.
it’s about the contract that we cannot afford. the only reason philly would trade him is as a salary dump, so they wouldn’t exactly be jumping for joy at the prospects of eating some of his money.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
His cap hits for the next 4 years will be 34,31,36 and 32 million. No thank you

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Maybe the packers could pick him up to replace the quarterbacks they have
Ikr im sure packers fans absolutely love the idea of the bears putting that much cap into an injury prone failure of a retread
The answer is no you dont fucking do this

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Just think how bad you have to be to be given 100+ million and the team drafts a QB the NEXT off season hahahaha and you lose your job to that rookie QB. Puke. I’d rather keep Mitch than get Wentz.

And then also just think about how good you must have been and how much else the coaches have seen from him in practices and in the locker room for them to give him a $100 mil....Hmmmmmm.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
we can’t afford him and if we made room to afford him we could not protect him so he will not be a savior
we can't afford a savior QB?

Wentz is worth his weight.

You could draft 10 QB's a year and not find a Mahomes/Allen/Wentz.

Those guys are all 3 legit great QB's.

I don't get the knocks on Wentz at all. I saw a great QB competing with total dog shit collapsing all around him on both sides of the ball this year. If they lose the only championship piece they have left (maybe Slay but big time decline, Goedert injury prone)...

If they lose the only championship piece they have left thats on them. It would be a miracle come true to get Wentz.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I love when you guys get emotional in a post this obvious.

Wentz will help you look very stupid very soon. Not like 3 years from now...like next year when he is 4-0 and leading early MVP talks, and wins comeback player of the year. @msadows (there buddy you can make up your $5 Trubisky hail mary next year). And hell man, I think you deserve a small payout because Trubisky definetely won the comeback player of the month for December(shit...Trubs probably deserves to make it close if the bears make the playoffs and Washington doesn't, but I don't think it will vote that way.)

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
He's the only obvious savior I see out there.

Him and Winston have upside. But Wentz has intangibles and is the real deal. I am AMAZED it could even happen.

If it does we need to be all-in for it and bring him to Chicago even at his current salary. Straight waivers would be great. He has never had a WR of Allen Robinson's caliber so he won't miss him.

I'm not in on the all in part and not even sure if i'm in on trading for Wentz unless like i said in a earlier post that it's a sweet deal that makes it worth it for us, cause we've seen Wentz play very well to think that this year was really more about mentally and that scares the hell out of me cause not every player can get out of their own head once they get in their own head too much. Wentz seems like a really confident guy so maybe he can get his head right but still would be scary unless again, it's a sweet trade for us. They have to eat money, take back Foles and very low in what we trade to them in draft picks.

msadows

Liked Posts:
we can't afford a savior QB?

Wentz is worth his weight.

You could draft 10 QB's a year and not find a Mahomes/Allen/Wentz.

Those guys are all 3 legit great QB's.

I don't get the knocks on Wentz at all. I saw a great QB competing with total dog shit collapsing all around him on both sides of the ball this year. If they lose the only championship piece they have left (maybe Slay but big time decline, Goedert injury prone)...

If they lose the only championship piece they have left thats on them. It would be a miracle come true to get Wentz.

Wentz is not good. I'm sorry man. Usually I agree with you but my buddy is an eagles fan so I watch them a fair bit and wentz is a dumpster fire.

Plus, there is zero way anyone takes him in a trade with that contract. Even if we found a way to afford him, thats not the risk you take on a player who you have no idea if he'll be good again.

Is he an upgrade to mitch? Sure, maybe. Difference is the money he makes.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
And then also just think about how good you must have been and how much else the coaches have seen from him in practices and in the locker room for them to give him a $100 mil....Hmmmmmm.
i wasn’t aware games were won and lost on the practice field and in the locker room

msadows

Liked Posts:
Also, this is just a stupid meatball article from sportsmockery. Nothing to see here. No one is trading for him and taking on his 34m cap space unless philly gives THEM a draft pick in return, and a high one at that.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
we can’t afford him and if we made room to afford him we could not protect him so he will not be a savior

So i guess you haven't been paying attention this whole year that fixing the o-line is the top priority after deciding on what to do at QB? The inside of the o-line is good and we might even be lucky enough that A.Bars can start at RT so we might not even need as much help as we thought before Lazor took over and they put Bars and Mustipher in the starting lineup.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wentz is not good. I'm sorry man. Usually I agree with you but my buddy is an eagles fan so I watch them a fair bit and wentz is a dumpster fire.

Plus, there is zero way anyone takes him in a trade with that contract. Even if we found a way to afford him, thats not the risk you take on a player who you have no idea if he'll be good again.

Is he an upgrade to mitch? Sure, maybe. Difference is the money he makes.
Did you see the first 3 weeks of the season?

If he quit on them I wouldn't blame him, but the guy showed me heart and the ability to compete nearly by himself with entire football teams. He actually showed me great things this year...I am more excited about him than I ever have been.

He's a great one. I'll stand by it, thats the end of it for me, and we will see.
I know ya'll to be wrong. I've seen this guy do great QB things over and over that we have never seen in Chicago.

If you are in the market for specifically a cold weather QB...yes...Jake Allen is the best with big ben old. But there aren't many as good as Wentz in the weather.

msadows

Liked Posts:
So i guess you haven't been paying attention this whole year that fixing the o-line is the top priority after deciding on what to do at QB? The inside of the o-line is good and we might even be lucky enough that A.Bars can start at RT so we might not even need as much help as we thought before Lazor took over and they put Bars and Mustipher in the starting lineup.
Did you see the first 3 weeks of the season?

If he quit on them I wouldn't blame him, but the guy showed me heart and the ability to compete nearly by himself with entire football teams. He actually showed me great things this year...I am more excited about him than I ever have been.

He's a great one. I'll stand by it, thats the end of it for me, and we will see.
I know ya'll to be wrong. I've seen this guy do great QB things over and over that we have never seen in Chicago.

If you are in the market for specifically a cold weather QB...yes...Jake Allen is the best with big ben old. But there aren't many as good as Wentz in the weather.

Doesn't matter. We can't afford his 34m cap hit. Zero way.

The cap could be 175m, we have 2m in cap room right now.

It's a null point, and a dumb thread. The only QB we could realistically trade for is darnold due to contract.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
it’s about the contract that we cannot afford. the only reason philly would trade him is as a salary dump, so they wouldn’t exactly be jumping for joy at the prospects of eating some of his money.

Which is why i very clearly said they would have to eat some of the contract for me to trade for him and would also need to take Foles and his contract as well. I've said that twice now so try a little harder to read posts before making stupid replies to them.

The article also said they'd have to eat some money.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
sportsmockery does this often to get attention

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Which is why i very clearly said they would have to eat some of the contract for me to trade for him and would also need to take Foles and his contract as well. I've said that twice now so try a little harder to read posts before making stupid replies to them.
The whole point of trading wentz would be to avoid the bolded as much as possible dummy. meaning nobody wants the contract which makes trading him all that much harder. this is a non starter.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:

umm organizations make dumb decisions all the time. I’m sure they’d rather have the 100 million back than Wentz trash ass in their locker room.

msadows

Liked Posts:
The whole point of trading wentz would be to avoid the bolded as much as possible dummy. meaning nobody wants the contract which makes trading him all that much harder. this is a non starter.

Exactly. The eagles don't have cap room either. They are still trying to compete.

We were capable of doing it w/ the jags because they had a ton of cap room because no one wants to sign there.