Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Carson Wentz signed a four year, $128 million extension with the Eagles on June 10, 2019. $107.9 million is guaranteed with $66.5 million fully guaranteed at signing. The base value of the contract is $111 million with numerous, easily achievable escalators increasing the value to $128 million. Wentz received a $16.367 million signing bonus and will earn a guaranteed $30 million option bonus in 2020. If the option is declined Wentz' base salary will escalate by a fully guaranteed $30 million, thus protecting the option salary. Wentz' 2019 and 2020 base salaries are guaranteed as is a $10 million 2021 roster bonus. Wentz' 2021 salary will become fully guaranteed if he is on the roster on the 3rd day of the 2020 league year. His 2022 salary will partially vest on the 3rd day of the 2021 league year with the balance guaranteed on the 3rd day of the 2022 league year.

He will be released after June 1 to help the Eagles cap.....if they deem Hurts the starter going forward

Last edited:

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
we can't afford a savior QB?

Wentz is worth his weight.

You could draft 10 QB's a year and not find a Mahomes/Allen/Wentz.

Those guys are all 3 legit great QB's.

I don't get the knocks on Wentz at all. I saw a great QB competing with total dog shit collapsing all around him on both sides of the ball this year. If they lose the only championship piece they have left (maybe Slay but big time decline, Goedert injury prone)...

If they lose the only championship piece they have left thats on them. It would be a miracle come true to get Wentz.

It's a great point about how little talent he once again had this year on offense with the crazy amount of injuries they had on their o-line, WR's and TE's. The people that are against won't understand cause once they make their minds up then common sense just goes right out the door but it's 100% fact that losing that kind of talent hurts the QB.

msadows

Liked Posts:
Please take a look at our salary and the cap for next year is probably going down. You want to put our team and Wentz in a worse situation than he was in at Philadelphia? His cap hit next year is $34 million. If they release him after it’s a $59 million cap hit.

Yup. Not sure giving a redemption project 1/5 of the possible cap next year is a good idea.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
It's a great point about how little talent he once again had this year on offense with the crazy amount of injuries they had on their o-line, WR's and TE's. The people that are against won't understand cause once they make their minds up then common sense just goes right out the door but it's 100% fact that losing that kind of talent hurts the QB.
So you want that same thing next year for the Bears?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
after this you should make a thread about how the bears should go after Dak Prescott and his contract to

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
So i guess you haven't been paying attention this whole year that fixing the o-line is the top priority after deciding on what to do at QB? The inside of the o-line is good and we might even be lucky enough that A.Bars can start at RT so we might not even need as much help as we thought before Lazor took over and they put Bars and Mustipher in the starting lineup.
We don’t have the cap room at this point to give Wentz anymore than he had at philly. The only way you sign Wentz is after he is released from Philly....I imagine him and his agent have already planned out what to do and I guarantee Chicago isn’t on their list at this point

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Wentz leads the league in interceptions, lowest passer rating, notorious piss poor attitude. His rookie backup looks like Elway with the same supporting cast. Man, I can’t wait to bring this guy to Chicago.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
The whole point of trading wentz would be to avoid the bolded as much as possible dummy. meaning nobody wants the contract which makes trading him all that much harder. this is a non starter.

And yet it was a point you still missed.....3 times...LOL

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
umm organizations make dumb decisions all the time. I’m sure they’d rather have the 100 million back than Wentz trash ass in their locker room.

Now that they got J.Hurts i'm sure they would but guess who would be their starting QB next year if they didn't have J.Hurts?

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Another fun stat, Wentz has never thrown for 300+ yards in a game in almost 70 starts, something his rookie backup did his first proper week starting. The rookie who’s known for his legs and not his arms lol. Oh man get this guy to Chicago please. Lowest passer rating to boot. Totally compares to Mahomes and Allen.

Canth

Liked Posts:
To be fair to sportsmockery, this would be on par with Pace's qb evaluations....

msadows

Liked Posts:
Now that they got J.Hurts i'm sure they would but guess who would be their starting QB next year if they didn't have J.Hurts?

Hurts has had one good game. They could very much start Wentz again.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:

he’s a fine back up sure, I’m not sure I would take a gamble on a reclamation project especially a guy who hasn’t shown any leadership

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
So you want that same thing next year for the Bears?

Well since i never said that then i guess you could get that answer all by yourself without me having to answer it for you.

I never even said i'd make that trade without them eating money and taking Foles and his contract.

Don't follow what the morons say and just pay attention to what i sais in my posts and you won't have to ask questions like this.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Doesn't matter. We can't afford his 34m cap hit. Zero way.

The cap could be 175m, we have 2m in cap room right now.

It's a null point, and a dumb thread. The only QB we could realistically trade for is darnold due to contract.
I just don't believe QB allocation is ever a real issue. Its not about next year, its about his career.

Fucking blow it up and watch him suck, but do right by him and work through it together and I believe he could be our franchise guy until 2037. A temporary financial issue is not a determining factor in a decision of this magnitude.

If your wrong, if I'm wrong...well fuck your gonna suck for 5 years...but the cock sucking Bears really aren't used to much else. I promise it won't hurt more than it already does. At the very least Wentz will keep us competitive.

Philly?
You can't play like Philly and the 49ers and expect to have any players left standing in 2-3 years. The human body cannot play like Mike Brown on every play. Your whole team ends up in the training room or worse.

Raskolnikov

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
he’s a fine back up sure, I’m not sure I would take a gamble on a reclamation project especially a guy who hasn’t shown any leadership
He's not even a reclamation. He's a good player on a shit team. lol. I want you to go game by game and asess their OL/WR/TE/RB situation and his performances. The guy started out hot and just got drilled 20 times a game trying to buy time for WR's that couldn't get open, O-line that couldn't block, and RB's that didn't even show up.

Somethings up in Philly but it ain't Wentz.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
after this you should make a thread about how the bears should go after Dak Prescott and his contract to

If someone writes about it then i'll post the article whether it's sportmockery or anyone else.

It's sad that you don't understand that just because someone posts an article it that it's not actually that person that's posting it that wrote it.

It'll come to you if you let it.

Tillman33

Liked Posts:
Hurts has had one good game. They could very much start Wentz again.

well considering he’s only started 2 games in his career that’s hardly a slight.

Wentz will never take another snap for the Eagles again.

this reminds me of when the Ravens switched out Flacco for Jackson and never looked back. I don’t think Hurts will be as good but their offense looks insanely improved since he took over. Not his fault their D gives up a 30 burger to Andy Dalton