C.Wentz Bears QB 2021?

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
Why? Why is it that posters let an article by Eric Lambert bother them so much when all it is is a simple article that as big boys you can simply not read it and if you choose to read it then you can simply not let it get to you so much? I don't believe anything the guy says and his articles don't bother me like they do many of you..SMDH

Why? Why is it that posters still don't seem to understand that every single one of these beat writers (except for a very small amount) make shit up and those same posters run with whatever it is they say and spread it on message boards like it's the truth?

Why oh why.

Because it's a simple article full of complete and utter bullshit maybe? You admittedly don't believe his crap yet you post it??? Are you like his cousin or something?

Toast88

Liked Posts:
Someone who’s had multiple great seasons isn’t automatically bad, what the heck?!

Carson Wentz would literally become the best Bears QB ever the moment he put on the jersey. And here are Bears fans pretending Chicago’s the cradle of quarterbacks or something, lol

jts1207

Liked Posts:
If this means pulling off the Moped band-aid....sign me up

Luke

Liked Posts:
I actually still believe in Wentz. I think he still can be a good QB. I don't think I've ever seen a team lose WRs and OL like they have the last 2 years. And while the OL wouldn't be much better in Chicago, the WRs would be if the Bears keep Robinson.

Wentz's contract is horrible for the Eagles, but isn't too bad for the team trading for him. With the Eagles taking all the signing bonus money, the acquiring team gets Wentz for 4 years/98.4Mil. That's 24M per year, which is below average for a QB (19th most AAV). But he has an out in his deal after 2 years, which basically makes it a 2-year/47.4M deal, that has 0 dead cap after 2022.

That being said, to trade a draft pick (probably would take a 3rd and 5th IMO) and pay Wentz as the 19th highest paid QB, you'd basically have to be pretty sure he's a top 10 QB for it to be a net gain. There's plenty of doubt he can be that again. And considering Wentz has been WAY worse than Trubisky and even Foles this year, the Bears can gamble on QB improvement much cheaper with Mitch (or basically free with Foles).

It just doesn't make sense for the Bears to trade for a QB at all. But it definitely doesn't make sense to trade for a QB that you aren't 100% sure can be the answer.

I haven't followed the eagles exploits this season but there seems to be obvious reasons why the terrible year.
Its also very hard for me to believe that he just fell off the face of the earth after his prior 3 years worth of good play.

During his 2nd - 4th years (2017 - 2019), CW compiled a 81-21 td/int ratio of 4-1 which is pretty impressive.
He also ranked 4th, 7th and 13th in passer rating during those years.

The defense is 9th in points allowed and 7th in DVOA this year and still has a few more good years left.
The question remains, who would be the best QB to lead the offense during this time period?

Assuming Arob is tagged and they can afford everything, do they....
-trade a 3rd and 5th for CW and put him back into a much better situation
-sign/tag Mitch
-roll the dice with a rookie QB?

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I haven't followed the eagles exploits this season but there seems to be obvious reasons why the terrible year.
Its also very hard for me to believe that he just fell off the face of the earth after his prior 3 years worth of good play.

During his 2nd - 4th years (2017 - 2019), CW compiled a 81-21 td/int ratio of 4-1 which is pretty impressive.
He also ranked 4th, 7th and 13th in passer rating during those years.

The defense is 9th in points allowed and 7th in DVOA this year and still has a few more good years left.
The question remains, who would be the best QB to lead the offense during this time period?

Assuming Arob is tagged and they can afford everything, do they....
-trade a 3rd and 5th for CW and put him back into a much better situation
-sign/tag Mitch
-roll the dice with a rookie QB?
You do not trade your draft assets for anyone this off-season. Let Philly release him if they are going to. His contract is poisonous and he isn’t worth it anyway.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
DaBears still doesnt understand how the cap works. Wentz would cost 30+ million on Philly's cap to trade. Over 50+ million to cut.

Then he would cost 30 million on our cap when we are currently projected to be over the salary cap.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Someone who’s had multiple great seasons isn’t automatically bad, what the heck?!

Carson Wentz would literally become the best Bears QB ever the moment he put on the jersey. And here are Bears fans pretending Chicago’s the cradle of quarterbacks or something, lol
If he is a unrestricted free agent you can think about it. No way in hell should the Bears trade away draft assets for him. His contract is too much for him or the Bears to take on. Injuries is something to keep in mind. He is only 2 games above .500 for his career.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Or is he a QB that's had a couple really good seasons that just had one horrible season? That's something we won't know until we get to see if he can turn it back around which is also a huge chance to take. I would need them to eat some of his money, take Foles back in the trade and not give them much at all in draft picks, if anything. I don't expect you to understand so early into you being a football fan but it'll come to you eventually.
1 bad season? Watch football much? Every bit of success Eagles have had since getting Wentz has been when the oft injured QB is out. Went from week 14 and on without him in '17 and won the SB. Were all but out of the playoff race in '18, at 5-6, until Wentz was again injured and they got a lift from Foles winning 4 of their last 5. Remember who they beat in the playoffs that year? Wentz was up and down in '19. Eagles would make no noise and were 1 and done.

I can understand when teams pay top dollar for a QB they've had success with but the Eagles have had literally no success with Wentz and still gave him the huge contract. Out of all those shitty teams in the NFL lEast division this year, a division which can be won with a 6-10 record, The Eagles w/Wentz are the only team eliminated as they go into the final week of the season.

tcmtrinity

Liked Posts:
Wentz might some day win a Super Bowl (doubt it), but it won't be with the Eagles or the Bears.

WindyCity

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Keep that garbage contract and mental midget QB out of Chicago,

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wentz might some day win a Super Bowl (doubt it), but it won't be with the Eagles or the Bears.
It would be the same way he got his first SB ring, while sitting on the sidelines watching another QB get it done.

Warrior Spirit

The Truth
Donator
Liked Posts:
DaBears still doesnt understand how the cap works. Wentz would cost 30+ million on Philly's cap to trade. Over 50+ million to cut.

Then he would cost 30 million on our cap when we are currently projected to be over the salary cap.
Would agree to an astronomical cap hit for Eagles if trading him. He wouldn't cost as much for the team being traded to though. Likely cost the team he is traded to about 25 mil, guaranteed 2021 salary and 1o mil roster bonus. Make the trade after March 19, after bonus kicks in, and that team could get him at the bargain price of 15 mil with an out in' 22. No way Eagles would do that though. They likely either have to keep him through 2021 and then part ways or Wentz could restructure the contract to make it more affordable to trade him if he really wants out that badly. Wentz could essentially give Philly back 20 mil and renegotiate with the team being traded to and get that 20 mil back in a signing bonus.

If that happened, still would not look for the Bears to be the team he goes to. More likely a team like the Pats or Colts.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Because it's a simple article full of complete and utter bullshit maybe? You admittedly don't believe his crap yet you post it??? Are you like his cousin or something?

And yet you also read the article as well as everyone else on here commenting....Hmmmmmm.

It's just something to read and talk about or make fun of which seems to be doing the job so far.

DeerBrinker34

Liked Posts:
And yet you also read the article as well as everyone else on here commenting....Hmmmmmm.

It's just something to read and talk about or make fun of which seems to be doing the job so far.
False. The moment I saw the article was from Sportsmockery I just kept scrolling and continued to post my question as to why anyone in their right mind would even share it's content unless of course said person is:

A) related to Eric Lambert
B) has some sort of monetary gain involved for getting people to click on his bullshit articles or...
C) Eric Lambert himself.

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
Would agree to an astronomical cap hit for Eagles if trading him. He wouldn't cost as much for the team being traded to though. Likely cost the team he is traded to about 25 mil, guaranteed 2021 salary and 1o mil roster bonus. Make the trade after March 19, after bonus kicks in, and that team could get him at the bargain price of 15 mil with an out in' 22. No way Eagles would do that though. They likely either have to keep him through 2021 and then part ways or Wentz could restructure the contract to make it more affordable to trade him if he really wants out that badly. Wentz could essentially give Philly back 20 mil and renegotiate with the team being traded to and get that 20 mil back in a signing bonus.

If that happened, still would not look for the Bears to be the team he goes to. More likely a team like the Pats or Colts.

He would cost the Eagles 33 million to trade before the roster bonus is due but 43 million if they wait until after.

Eagles are like 70 million above the projected cap so dont think they can afford to wait until after the roster bonus is due to trade him.

But yes they likely need to keep him one more year before he can be moved.

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
Wentz had two full seasons with a passer rating over 100. Bears have never had a QB anywhere near that level in the modern era. He’s the only FA quarterback with the potential to be a franchise guy if he can find it again, but his contract is too big to take the chance so it’s very unlikely. I’d be interested if the Eagles were willing to eat a big chunk of it but otherwise, look to the draft for the coming years.