Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Wentz had two full seasons with a passer rating over 100. Bears have never had a QB anywhere near that level in the modern era. He’s the only FA quarterback with the potential to be a franchise guy if he can find it again, but his contract is too big to take the chance so it’s very unlikely. I’d be interested if the Eagles were willing to eat a big chunk of it but otherwise, look to the draft for the coming years.
He isn’t a Free Agent. The Eagles with definitely have to eat all of his contract they on the hook for. No GM worth anything would trade for Wentz and that contract. The Eagles are going to have to release him before anybody wants to sign him

LiverpoolBearsFAn

Liked Posts:
He isn’t a Free Agent. The Eagles with definitely have to eat all of his contract they on the hook for. No GM worth anything would trade for Wentz and that contract. The Eagles are going to have to release him before anybody wants to sign him

Sorry yeah I meant the only potentially available QB. I can’t imagine the Eagles will be asking for anything apart from getting his contract off the books. Like I said he is a risk and there’s no way I’d take that contract on either. It might be worth a look if the Eagles were willing to make some sort of deal though - it’s worth remembering they gave him the deal based on two years of league top tier performances.

msadows

Liked Posts:

That, or Wentz would have to restructure his deal, which aint happening.

If they trade him they would probably have to give a team a draft pick to take on that salary. There are very few teams who could handle that cap space anyways.....The pats(they prob get jimmy), the niners(shanny doesn't seem dumb to take him on), the Jets/Jags(lol, not happenin), Washington Football team, and the colts.

I seriously doubt any of those would be interested. Maybe the colts, but why?

Like you said, he's probably getting cut.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
Sorry yeah I meant the only potentially available QB. I can’t imagine the Eagles will be asking for anything apart from getting his contract off the books. Like I said he is a risk and there’s no way I’d take that contract on either. It might be worth a look if the Eagles were willing to make some sort of deal though - it’s worth remembering they gave him the deal based on two years of league top tier performances.
There is zero reasons to give the Eagles anything for Wentz. They will have to cut him to save any money towards their cap and no smart GM would give a team assests if they can get him for just s new contract. His contract is terrible for the Eagles

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
There is zero reasons to give the Eagles anything for Wentz. They will have to cut him to save any money towards their cap and no smart GM would give a team assests if they can get him for just s new contract. His contract is terrible for the Eagles

Once again they cant cut him and save cap. Cutting him increases his cap hit from 34m to 59 million so it adds 25 million to their cap. Not going to happen.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Colts and reunion with Frank Reich is the best move for Wentz.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
False. The moment I saw the article was from Sportsmockery I just kept scrolling and continued to post my question as to why anyone in their right mind would even share it's content unless of course said person is:

A) related to Eric Lambert
B) has some sort of monetary gain involved for getting people to click on his bullshit articles or...
C) Eric Lambert himself.

D) This is a message board to talk anything Bears.

Hmmmmmmm tough choices.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
That, or Wentz would have to restructure his deal, which aint happening.

If they trade him they would probably have to give a team a draft pick to take on that salary. There are very few teams who could handle that cap space anyways.....The pats(they prob get jimmy), the niners(shanny doesn't seem dumb to take him on), the Jets/Jags(lol, not happenin), Washington Football team, and the colts.

I seriously doubt any of those would be interested. Maybe the colts, but why?

Like you said, he's probably getting cut.

Yeah he's gonna get his money so there won't be any restructuring going on. the Eagles are most likely stuck with him and seeing if he can somehow beat Hurts out for the start during TC next season. I do believe if Doug Peterson is still there that he does give him that chance.