Calling All Gordon Haters!

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
So if any of you have read the thread on "Gordon Interview On Leaving Chicago/Reisdorf", you saw that houheffna and I got into a colorful debate about Ben Gordon and if both sides (Gordon and Managment) were to blame in BG not comming back, or if managment is soley to blame.

Well, we at the Chicago Bullseye would like to have a colorful debate on our next show about this topic, especially since it's the offseason and this is by far the biggest Bulls story this offseason. Since Fred and I think BG was not in the wrong at all (and houheffna feels otherwise), I want to help houheffna out a bit and get one other person on our next show, who feels that Ben was in the wrong (or is at least partially to blame for his departure) in either his contract demands, his turning down offers,etc. If you are someone who thinks Bulls managment tried to sign Ben Gordon and Ben was too much of a prick to bite on their offer, or that we are better off without Ben, etc...let me know because we WANT YOU on our next show. This might be the only chance a Gordon hater gets to be on the Bullseye! :)

This could be fun!.....

Fred

Liked Posts:
Let the record show, this is Mark's idea, not mine. I don't want to talk about Gordon anymore, but like the Godfather, just when I thought I was out, they PULL me back in. I had a final argument with Bill Wennington on Saturday that I'll discuss on the next podcast. I'll let Mark do most of the talking on this one.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
Let the record show, this is Mark's idea, not mine. I don't want to talk about Gordon anymore, but like the Godfather, just when I thought I was out, they PULL me back in. I had a final argument with Bill Wennington on Saturday that I'll discuss on the next podcast. I'll let Mark do most of the talking on this one.

Mark has definitely picked up the torch on this one, Fred. Plus I've been kinda bugging him to get this guy on the show because for 1) he's firm in his beliefs & nothing anyone says will change them, & 2) it's been awhile since we've heard a really good, passionate BG rant from you & I think this could provide a little bit of closure on the subject. All-in-all I think it's a great idea for a podcast, & I would join in support, but I think BG's side probably has enough support as is.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Fred wrote:
2) it's been awhile since we've heard a really good, passionate BG rant from you & I think this could provide a little bit of closure on the subject. All-in-all I think it's a great idea for a podcast, & I would join in support, but I think BG's side probably has enough support as is.

I just wish you could have heard me with Wennington on Saturday. It was a thing of beauty. Five years of preparation for that moment, and he gave me every Gorches-like argument, and I hit them all out of the park. I was in a zone.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Fred wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Fred wrote:
2) it's been awhile since we've heard a really good, passionate BG rant from you & I think this could provide a little bit of closure on the subject. All-in-all I think it's a great idea for a podcast, & I would join in support, but I think BG's side probably has enough support as is.

I just wish you could have heard me with Wennington on Saturday. It was a thing of beauty. Five years of preparation for that moment, and he gave me every Gorches-like argument, and I hit them all out of the park. I was in a zone.
What did he say at the end, I'm curious.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Fred wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Fred wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Mark gave me a few tidbits. Like Wennington thinking that BG was a career 34% from 3. HAHAHAHA!! I couldn't believe it! And this guy is our color commentator! I also loved the joke he made at your expense when you bricked a 3, something like "Now I know why you love Gordon." Classic.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
Fred wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Fred wrote:

What did he say at the end, I'm curious.

Don't worry, Fred recounts the whole even on the next cast which should be posted today or tomorrow (as quickly as Fred gets off his ass and posts it).

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
So you were playing ball with Wennington? Truthfully, I have never heard Wennington on the air, would love for you guys to talk to Stacey King though. I think he can give truthful explanations about Ben Gordon and his criticisms. It seems that Kendall Gill is tired of talking about it from his appearance on Monsters in the Morning.

??? ??????

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
So you were playing ball with Wennington? Truthfully, I have never heard Wennington on the air, would love for you guys to talk to Stacey King though. I think he can give truthful explanations about Ben Gordon and his criticisms. It seems that Kendall Gill is tired of talking about it from his appearance on Monsters in the Morning.

Stacey said on Gordon leaving that it was unfortunate, because it was only for a few million more than what the Bulls were offering in past years. Thought that Gordon was offended, and decided that he'd go to Detroit to stick it to the Bulls, so they have to play him 4 times a year, instead of going West.

Big loss. Going to really miss his scoring. Big loss. A guy who scores 20 points a game consistently in the lineup every night, able to score 30. It was a shame that he couldn't' get it worked out in Chicago. It's just a shame that Gordon left.

Said Gordon's leaving will put a lot more pressure on Derrick Rose. Ben took a lot of pressure off Derrick, because other teams have to gameplan for Ben. 17 feet and out, Ben is one of the best jumpshooters in the NBA.

Kush77

Liked Posts:
I've hear Wennington talk about Gordon before. I heard it on a pre-game I think before one of the playoff games. He said that if the Bulls could get him back at the right price (that fantasy 6-7 million a year for your team's best player) but if he wants more then let him go.

As far as Stacey King goes, he'll rip Ben sometimes, BUT he's also give BG props for being the "shot maka!" So at least King acknowledges that Gordon actually is a contributor. Unlike the haters who think he's holding the team back.

4 inches will be the key this year.

pinkizdead

Liked Posts:
Now that he's a piston, i'll probably grow to hate gordon. At the moment the only player i hate is rondo.

Fred

Liked Posts:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Fred wrote:
Diddy1122 wrote:
Fred wrote:

:laugh: :laugh: :laugh: Mark gave me a few tidbits. Like Wennington thinking that BG was a career 34% from 3. HAHAHAHA!! I couldn't believe it! And this guy is our color commentator! I also loved the joke he made at your expense when you bricked a 3, something like "Now I know why you love Gordon." Classic.

Let me clarify, it wasn't a brick, just a bad shot selection. There was absolutely zero chance for an offensive rebound. It was basically one on four, I stopped, and popped a 3, and barely missed. At the time, I felt like Obi Wan...I was our only hope. I should have pulled it back up and waited for my crappy team to get down under the rim.

Wennington yelled at me, "No wonder you like Gordon" because of the poor shot selection, one of his criticisms of Gordon.