Cam Newton

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:

If you didn't watch Sunday Night Football then you missed Cam Newton leading the Patriots to within a yard of beating one of the top Super Bowl contenders this year. He played like a legit top QB in the league. While Bears fans are all excited over the "improvement" Mitch has shown and the 2-0 record against basement dwellers Cam has racked up:

71% completion percentage
552 yards passing
96.8 rating
122 yards rushing

He also didn't cost a draft pick in trade. And he's making considerably less than Foles is.

Yet another missed QB evaluation by Pace.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
Good thing Nick Foles has no injury history and put together that excellent string of great performances last year....

I'm not telling you I advocate for either, only that it is the reason. Also, I believe the Bears were not guaranteeing a starting position. I don't think there was a question of who would start in NE.

Also we are at the 2 game mark. A lot of football to play.

legendxofxlink

Whistle Dixie
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nashville Predators
  1. ETSU Buccaneers
  2. Tennessee Volunteers
If you think for a second Cam Newton would be playing the same with Nagy as he is with Belichick, you're getting the below look from me.... Grandmama Newton made the smart choice and he will get paid next year.

1600711777561.png

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I'm not telling you I advocate for either, only that it is the reason. Also, I believe the Bears were not guaranteeing a starting position. I don't think there was a question of who would start in NE.

Agreed on that. Knowing the Bears though Cam will lead the Patriots deep into the playoffs.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish

If you didn't watch Sunday Night Football then you missed Cam Newton leading the Patriots to within a yard of beating one of the top Super Bowl contenders this year. He played like a legit top QB in the league. While Bears fans are all excited over the "improvement" Mitch has shown and the 2-0 record against basement dwellers Cam has racked up:

71% completion percentage
552 yards passing
96.8 rating
122 yards rushing

He also didn't cost a draft pick in trade. And he's making considerably less than Foles is.

Yet another missed QB evaluation by Pace.
I’m ok without him. He has played pretty damn good though, but give a few more losses and a few more hits and then I ll check back and let you know

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers

Had Pace called Newton there wouldn’t be a question of who SHOULD be starting either. Typical bullshit from Ryan Pace.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
So he picks the Bear instead of NE?

I sure as hell would.

Imagine having to be the guy to take over after two decades of Tom Brady rather than the guy taking over after three years of Mitchell Trubisky.

Literally a job for Superman.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
So he picks the Bear instead of NE?
:jonesy:

NE paid him league minimum with up to 7 mil in incentives. (That may be slightly off but that's what I remember)

Bears could have offered a lot more.