Cam Newton

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
I mean they ultimately released him so probably less than the 4th the Bears gave up.
Which means Pace clearly thought Foles was better than Cam. How is his evaluation of quarterbacks ALONE not grounds for termination? He’s fucking brutal.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Which means Pace clearly thought Foles was better than Cam. How is his evaluation of quarterbacks ALONE not grounds for termination? He’s fucking brutal.

The funny thing is I really do like some of the moves Pace makes. He's good at unearthing some draft gems. But his QB eval skills suck and he overpays guys in free agency. But hey, we're 2-0. ?‍♂️

remydat

CCS Hall of Fame
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
So he picks the Bear instead of NE?
:jonesy:

Pats signed him well into FA. If we had targeted him at the start of FA then the Pats would not have been in it at that time.

Having said that, the concern back then was not having physicals on him during Covid but two different time periods involved.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cam had some serious injury concerns. You could tell last year that he was battling some health issues so I get it from that standpoint, but Pace & Co should have fully vetted those concerns. Pace most likely didn't.

I also think that it could have been a personality decision. Cam has a big personality and maybe Nagy wasn't interested in managing that. Not saying that was the correct decision, but I could see it being a factor.

I was on board with bringing in Cam, but I'm not surprised that they didn't.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Because Pace knows Cam won't come to the bears to be a backup and he'll win the locker room over. That would hurt Mitchells feelings.

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Cam has a big personality and maybe Nagy wasn't interested in managing that. Not saying that was the correct decision, but I could see it being a factor.

True that.

Ryan Pace drafted himself in Mitchell Trubisky.

Matt Nagy signed himself in Nick Foles.

I don't think anyone in charge at Halas Hall sees themself in Cam Newton.

(Maybe that is the problem?)

gallagher

Nothing left to do but smile, smile, smile
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Michigan Wolverines
  2. Ohio Bobcats
I agree in that I wanted Newton from the start.

However, Eisen used "begs the question" incorrectly, and so I just lost a lot of respect for him.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cam had some serious injury concerns. You could tell last year that he was battling some health issues so I get it from that standpoint, but Pace & Co should have fully vetted those concerns. Pace most likely didn't.

I also think that it could have been a personality decision. Cam has a big personality and maybe Nagy wasn't interested in managing that. Not saying that was the correct decision, but I could see it being a factor.

I was on board with bringing in Cam, but I'm not surprised that they didn't.

I must admit I was against Cam because of the fashion issues.....

But a few games like last night and he can wear whatever the fuck he wants.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I must admit I was against Cam because of the fashion issues.....

But a few games like last night and he can wear whatever the fuck he wants.

I wanted Pace to sign him strictly BECAUSE of the fashion. Imagine CCS MEATBALL RACISTS like @The Hawk having to deal with Cam giving postgames in strange drag looks after huge Ws while Mitchell pouts in the background LMFAO!

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sure as hell would.

Imagine having to be the guy to take over after two decades of Tom Brady rather than the guy taking over after three years of Mitchell Trubisky.

Literally a job for Superman.
Instead of the coach that will change his O for you and wins with whomever plays QB? Sure and no one could examine him when the trade was available. That some were against it due to fashion just shows how fashionable their likes are. Logic > fashion.

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
I think the real story hear is that Tom Brady is trash.

That's right. I said it. The GOAT is trash.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
He would have still been under contract, somethin like $18mil for the year.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Pats signed him well into FA. If we had targeted him at the start of FA then the Pats would not have been in it at that time.

Having said that, the concern back then was not having physicals on him during Covid but two different time periods involved.
And we wanted to sign someone before he was released, when you could end up with zip.

Last edited:

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
The excuse at the time the so called journalists made was they couldn’t give him a physical during covid. But that report didn’t show bears were remotely interested. Pace did what pace does squander draft picks and cap space

Bust

Liked Posts:
panther nation on twitter is already against bridgewater who has struggled early with turnovers.

swz01

Liked Posts:

I think he wanted someone who had success in the system who was content to be a backup. Cam’s ego probably too big to accept coming in as a #2. He’s been a starter too long. They were always going to give Trubisky another shot. Was not the right move but front office people are trying to save face with Trubisky and we haven’t seen Foles in a game with the Bears yet.

The better question is how did the Panthers screw up their eval?

swz01

Liked Posts:
Because Pace knows Cam won't come to the bears to be a backup and he'll win the locker room over. That would hurt Mitchells feelings.

Partially correct. The other part is they were not yet willing to make Trubisky a backup in the last year of his deal.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Instead of the coach that will change his O for you and wins with whomever plays QB? Sure and no one could examine him when the trade was available. That some were against it due to fashion just shows how fashionable their likes are. Logic > fashion.

LOL. You took the fashion comment seriously?