Cam Newton

Liked Posts:
NE paid him league minimum with up to 7 mil in incentives. (That may be slightly off but that's what I remember)

Bears could have offered a lot more.

Yes the Bears would have given him more. But if Im in Cams shoes Im looking at the big picture. He can leave a couple million on the table this year from Chicago. Then go to NE and have as legitimate of a shot at a ring this season as any QB while being in a position that should REALLY help him succeed.

If Cam even makes it through 8 games with this type of play I DO think he will have himself another huge contract.

YES, I do think Cam is better than Mitch or Foles.

I even argued with a lifelong Patriots fan buddy who was sour over Brady, when Cam was signed that the Pats would be fine and ARE still the King of the AFC East. That Cam will thrive off the 3 step drops tossing slants, flat routs, hitches and fades.

I just have a hard time believing Cam would enjoy that same success here in Chicago with a HC whose idea of being creative is lining up leno out wide at mid field and historically having a lack there of for running the ball while also harping for more offensive consistency.

Ive watched 5 different QBs play anywheres from good to flat out great football under Bill Belichick in New England. I just dont know why anyone is surprised by this at this point.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Zenjohn

Liked Posts:
After seeing Newton‘s behavior over the many years he had with Panthers, no way I wanted him as a Bear. He has shown himself to be one of the poorest sports in professional sports

Penny Traitor

バカでも才能は一つ
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
Instead of the coach that will change his O for you and wins with whomever plays QB?

I would like to think Nagy would play to Cam's strengths as well, but I get that playing for the Patriots comes with a certain prestige to these guys. It's just that Tom Brady is such a hard act to follow, I think most QBs would fold under the pressure...especially with Brady still playing.

Reports were Cam owned that locker room from Day One. Trubisky never would have stood a chance and I think Pace wanted him to have a chance.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Cam drives a car made in the 2000s

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
After seeing Newton‘s behavior over the many years he had with Panthers, no way I wanted him as a Bear. He has shown himself to be one of the poorest sports in professional sports
Agreed. I dont want a MVP or a guy who took his team to the Superbowl if he doesn't enjoy losing

Hbkrusso

Objective Fanboy
Donator
Liked Posts:
Pace took a shot at brady when that fell through he brought in foles cam was a big question mark and hey look we are 2-0 and mitch looks like hes playing much smarter and more aggressively which is what we all wanted so who gives a fuck about cam

Midway Fields

CCS Quarterback Guru
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears

If you didn't watch Sunday Night Football then you missed Cam Newton leading the Patriots to within a yard of beating one of the top Super Bowl contenders this year. He played like a legit top QB in the league. While Bears fans are all excited over the "improvement" Mitch has shown and the 2-0 record against basement dwellers Cam has racked up:

71% completion percentage
552 yards passing
96.8 rating
122 yards rushing

He also didn't cost a draft pick in trade. And he's making considerably less than Foles is.

Yet another missed QB evaluation by Pace.

Agreed. The Bears QB curse is real.

Calabis

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

If you didn't watch Sunday Night Football then you missed Cam Newton leading the Patriots to within a yard of beating one of the top Super Bowl contenders this year. He played like a legit top QB in the league. While Bears fans are all excited over the "improvement" Mitch has shown and the 2-0 record against basement dwellers Cam has racked up:

552 yards passing
96.8 rating
122 yards rushing

He also didn't cost a draft pick in trade. And he's making considerably less than Foles is.

He is black and dresses funny though

Chicago4Life

Liked Posts:

552 yards passing
96.8 rating
122 yards rushing

lol dramatic much?
what makes you think the bears getting cam would have resulted in the same outcomes? no way do i see nagy changing his offense for cam. lets not forget that cam had 1 really good year for TD/INT ratio and that was his contract year, his completion % was over 60% 1 year maybe two not sure...

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
lol dramatic much?
what makes you think the bears getting cam would have resulted in the same outcomes? no way do i see nagy changing his offense for cam. lets not forget that cam had 1 really good year for TD/INT ratio and that was his contract year, his completion % was over 60% 1 year maybe two not sure...

You realize when you say this it's saying the Bears coaches aren't that good right?

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm almost certain he wanted to be assured a starting gig, I am guessing.. so Ryan Pace's cunt face probably said no to that and off he went to NE.

hawkinmontreal

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Oakland Athletics
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Good thing Nick Foles has no injury history and put together that excellent string of great performances last year....
Either way you know Trubisky was going to start even if Newton was here. It was all show, Foles never had a chance.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
It was reported the Bears were in on Brady.....stop with the Trubisky was always ythe choice narrative....

dweebs19

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Nobody wondering why the Panthers gave up on him? Panthers having QB issues this year as well and yet they chose to get rid of him.

HeHateMe

He/Himz/Hiz
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
It was reported the Bears were in on Brady.....stop with the Trubisky was always ythe choice narrative....
Can't do a fake QB competition with Brady.

swz01

Liked Posts:

He was always the choice. Brady was never going to come here.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
He was always the choice. Brady was never going to come here.
The Bears were certainly on the outside looking in, but if they truly tried to get Brady, Trubisky would not have been the starter.