Cam Newton

swz01

Liked Posts:
The Bears were certainly on the outside looking in, but if they truly tried to get Brady, Trubisky would not have been the starter.

I’m sure every team that needed a QB inquired and tried to get him.

vabearsfan15

Liked Posts:
Fans complaining we didn't sign Newton either can't be serious or are not thinking logically. Twitter is no better than the media. They say stupid things just to get attention and more follows.

Bears passed on him when he was still a part of the Panthers and was seeking a trade. At that time, he was still due 21+ mil a year and in addition to honoring that contract we would have had to give up draft compensation to get him. Instead we went a different direction with a much cheaper player (8 mil a year) and someone the coaching staff was familiar with. Its the same decision every team made as it didn't make sense to do.

It wasn't until....

- After the Bears traded for Nick Foles for a 4th and signed him for 8 mil per year.
- Colts signed Phillip Rivers
- A previous starter in Jameis Winston took 1 mil deal to backup
- Bengals draft Joe Burrow
- Chargers drafted Justin Herbert
- Dolphins draft Tua

...that there were no options left. No one was willing to outright give Newton a starting position, like he wanted and pay him 21 mil or anything close to it. He didn't want to backup. By the time June rolled around there was only one option left to likely start and he took crumbs to go there. Its a good fit for him and I think its a humbling experience that he needed to bounce back. Good for him, but Bear's fans don't and shouldn't cry over his success.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:

If you didn't watch Sunday Night Football then you missed Cam Newton leading the Patriots to within a yard of beating one of the top Super Bowl contenders this year. He played like a legit top QB in the league. While Bears fans are all excited over the "improvement" Mitch has shown and the 2-0 record against basement dwellers Cam has racked up:

71% completion percentage
552 yards passing
96.8 rating
122 yards rushing

He also didn't cost a draft pick in trade. And he's making considerably less than Foles is.

Yet another missed QB evaluation by Pace.
It’s pretty easy to understand. You have to know how to use him and build a system for him.

Only an unselfish head coach and organization can do this.

Chris Sojka

Liked Posts:
True that.

Ryan Pace drafted himself in Mitchell Trubisky.

Matt Nagy signed himself in Nick Foles.

I don't think anyone in charge at Halas Hall sees themself in Cam Newton.

(Maybe that is the problem?)

or perhaps they don’t know how to use him! Do you really think we’d be running the patriots offense.
Lol

dumbass people I swear

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I’m sure every team that needed a QB inquired and tried to get him.
I’m sure and my thought still stands in no way shape or form would Trubisky have been the starter if they got him.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Nagy would be getting a lot more out of Cam Newton than this fucking no-name Bob Belichurch guy or whatever NE's coach's name is.

Leomaz

Pissing people off the right way!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
  2. Notre Dame Fighting Irish
I’m ok without him. He has played pretty damn good though, but give a few more losses and a few more hits and then I ll check back and let you know
Bump

bareness

Liked Posts:
There were a lot people in this forum along with the media people criticizing Ryan Pace for trading for Nick Foles and giving up a fourth round pick for him. Not sure if its a good trade or not until the end of the season. However, Cam Newton was has looked like crap for two straight weeks because he is now forced to throw rather than scramble. Now people should have there answer why 31 teams did not call the Panthers for him and why they were willing to pay Bridgewater $60 million to become their new quarterback. Imagine if Pace traded for Newton and he played worse than Foles which he is doing with a way better offensive line than the Bears. Now he just got benched for a rookie! Pace haters would be clamoring for him to be fired right now. Point here is that sometimes the people being paid to make these decisions know more than we do. Now this does not excuse mistakes Pace has made for this franchise but you win some and you definitely lose some.

BaBaBlacksheep

Staff member
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
LOL. I came to CCS specifically to see if someone bumped this. Y’all didn’t disappoint. ?

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Ryan Pace gave up a fourth round pick for Nick Foles. Lap dogs usually don’t see facts though.

But only if we had your boy Cam, right junior? The great Cam Newton is looking like superman out there. LOL
images