dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
he over paid for Foles. Your wall of text which I didn’t read by the way is proof of how ignorant you are. Value matters in the NFL. It’s called “cost vs benefit” dummy.

:jonesy:

Pegger

President Stoopid
Liked Posts:
Cam's pressing for what is a fairly bad Patriots team. I think they will right the ship, but right now things look bad.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
he over paid for Foles. Your wall of text which I didn’t read by the way is proof of how ignorant you are. Value matters in the NFL. It’s called “cost vs benefit” dummy.

Why do you think he overpaid for Foles? A cheap QB who can come in immediately and be a competent starter, especially when you have a very good defense, is a valuable asset in the NFL.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Why do you think he overpaid for Foles? A cheap QB who can come in immediately and be a competent starter, especially when you have a very good defense, is a valuable asset in the NFL.
Simply put he hasn’t produced at the level you would expect for somebody you gave up a fourth round pick for. That’s the same round we drafted Eddie Jackson in. A fourth round pick is not insignificant draft capital. Has Foles been better than Mitch? Obviously, but he is still not producing at the level he needs to be.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Simply put he hasn’t produced at the level you would expect for somebody you gave up a fourth round pick for. That’s the same round we drafted Eddie Jackson in. A fourth round pick is not insignificant draft capital. Has Foles been better than Mitch? Obviously, but he is still not producing at the level he needs to be.

Yes, once in a while you find a star in the fourth round. But far more often you find a back up or bust, and it's not close. A fourth round QB who could start competently in a pinch is very rare - that's essentially what you're getting here.

A starting QB capable of beating good teams like TB and CAR is absolutely worth a fourth rounder. He hasn't been great, but the pass pro and running game have likewise crumbled since he took over.

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Yes, once in a while you find a star in the fourth round. But far more often you find a back up or bust, and it's not close. A fourth round QB who could start competently in a pinch is very rare - that's essentially what you're getting here.

A starting QB capable of beating good teams like TB and CAR is absolutely worth a fourth rounder. He hasn't been great, but the pass pro and running game have likewise crumbled since he took over.
And that’s fine and true but he isn’t exactly free of blame either. He’s left points on the field and turned the ball over in key situations as well too. And even if your pick you take with that fourth round pick that’s not bad either. You don’t think we could use a fourth round pick to replace Coward or Leno right now?

dennehy

Liked Posts:
And that’s fine and true but he isn’t exactly free of blame either. He’s left points on the field and turned the ball over in key situations as well too. And even if your pick you take with that fourth round pick that’s not bad either. You don’t think we could use a fourth round pick to replace Coward or Leno right now?
I didn't say Foles is free of blame or that he is perfect or even better than average.

Very few fourth rounders are going to be able to play LT, especially as rookies. Few are going to be able to start at G. And neither one would be anywhere near as valuable to this team as Foles, not even in the same universe.

It wasn't an overpay any way you look at it. Think about it like this: would you rather have a 4th round rookie playing guard and Mitch starting or Bars/Foles?

TL1961

Liked Posts:
Foles hasn't performed as well as we would all like. But certainly some of that can be attributed to the O Line play.

Eddie Jackson is not the right comparison. We have a very good D. We needed better QB play. What 4th round QB behind this line is playing any better than Foles?

WestCoastBearsFan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Los Angeles Lakers
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Los Angeles Kings
  1. Clemson Tigers
Foles hasn't performed as well as we would all like. But certainly some of that can be attributed to the O Line play.

Eddie Jackson is not the right comparison. We have a very good D. We needed better QB play. What 4th round QB behind this line is playing any better than Foles?
That’s not the point though. Draft picks are finite and could be used elsewhere. That becomes problematic when what you give up is worth more than the production you got.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
How is a 4th rounder worth more than a competent starting QB on a team that previously didn't have one?

CHIBEAR

Liked Posts:

He didnt overpay for Foles considering he used a compensatory pick he received for Amos joining the pack to fill a leadership and ability void at the most important position on offense .

TL1961

Liked Posts:
That’s not the point though. Draft picks are finite and could be used elsewhere. That becomes problematic when what you give up is worth more than the production you got.
I understand that they are finite. But with a top defense, a top need was a competent QB, and for the price of a 4th rounder, we got that. We didn't get Andrew Luck. But we got what we needed this year.

No - that 4th rounder didn't solve all issues. We have holes, to say the least. But I disagree taht we gave up too much. Waiting with that 4th rounder means Mitch all this year, and a 4th round talent a year later.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
Again, it’s what was given up. Bellichek didn’t give up shit, so it’s really no skin off his back if he sucks. Pace on the other hand gave up a fourth round pick, Foles needs to produce more than Newton does for that simple reason.

Pace needed a viable QB option aside from MT early in the offseasons, so he would have had to sign Newton or another FA QB during free agency.

So as far as draft picks are concerned, they gave up a 4th, but didn't lose one of there comp picks for next year( expected to be a 6th) that a FA signing would have cost. So they will have same finite number of picks over the 2020/2021 Draft cycles.

Giving up the #140 for Foles rather than losing about the #200-210 comp pick for 2021 means Foles cost about an early to mid 6th round pick vs signing a FA QB.

Seems pretty insignificant for the guy you wanted to be your #2 QB.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Hahaha Cam fumbles the ball inside the 10 yard line down by 3 with 31 seconds left in the game. I wonder if he'll be practicing his superman pose in the mirror later....Hmmmmmm.

Bust

Liked Posts:
Cam's pressing for what is a fairly bad Patriots team. I think they will right the ship, but right now things look bad.

In todays society when you on social media talking disrespect on instagram, youtube facebook, twitter and the like prepare to back it up.

ChiKhan

QB1
Liked Posts:
Keep in mind he's playing this horrible with a much better o line then the bears have.