Cam Re-signing with Pats

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Interesting, but the terms will more telling than the signing. The Pats have lots of cap space, if it's just a small deal it doesn't have much meaning for their 2021 plans.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Just a trade piece for Watson. 0ats playing 12D shogi

Luke

Liked Posts:
14 mil for cam, lol.
he must be their version of the Glennon bridge qb signing.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Patriots had so much wrong with them besides Cam last year. He'll be functional if they can sort out the rest. I agree that he's a bridge.

ChiGuy

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
I’d say they’re drafting one, maybe looking to get ahead of Carolina for a Mac Jones? Cam can’t throw so he’s just a bridge.

Montucky

Liked Posts:
Might be a thing where they can cut him before camp and get all that money back. Curious about the specifics of the terms. I have to agree, looks like a smokescreen.

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
I bet the deal is full of incentives for him to actually make $14M.

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
To me this is just another indication of QB's pay going up and up and up, at the expense of all the other players on the roster.

Except of course Tom Brady, who gets paid much less than most QB's, and then everybody wonders why he keeps winning.

You saw the great Chiefs inability to score a TD in the Super Bowl last year when their two tackles were out, now they release them because they spent all their money on Mahomes. You think they will be better or worse next year?

Discus fish salesman

Liked Posts:
To me this is just another indication of QB's pay going up and up and up, at the expense of all the other players on the roster.

Except of course Tom Brady, who gets paid much less than most QB's, and then everybody wonders why he keeps winning.

You saw the great Chiefs inability to score a TD in the Super Bowl last year when their two tackles were out, now they release them because they spent all their money on Mahomes. You think they will be better or worse next year?
Qb pay is going up, but cam wouldn't have touched that on the open market. NE has some sort of plan here.

KC released both tackles because they probably won't play next year and freed up a lot of money to address the issue on the oline. Outside of injury I have no doubt they will improve the oline going into next year

DaaBears

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Qb pay is going up, but cam wouldn't have touched that on the open market. NE has some sort of plan here.

KC released both tackles because they probably won't play next year and freed up a lot of money to address the issue on the oline. Outside of injury I have no doubt they will improve the oline going into next year

Maybe on Cam Newton. But Dak at 40 is even crazier than Newton at 13. Rodgers has a contract for 33, wants to leave unless they pay him 43. It is across the board around the NFL. The shocker will come when you guys see what Trubisky gets. The whole world going crazy and the NFL right in that mix. My stock portfolio up over 100% since January. Nothing is normal my friend.

Aesopian

Hooters Waitress
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
Good for him but Cam is done running Qab's don't last long.