1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
HAH!

He should talk

bobferg

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
How about the fact that the puck was in play on the Bickell hit.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Don't fall for it, fellas. This is class Wizard of Oz - "Pay no attention to the man behind the curtain."

The man being the goalie controversy, the pressure of a nation, and the pressure of a game 7 for the President Trophy winning team after being up 3-0 on an 8th seed.

Last edited:

dabynsky

Fringe Average Mod
Donator
Liked Posts:
The hit was with the puck there and it was shoulder to the head. However, Bickell did leave his feet to make the hit. I agree with Captain there that this is mostly to draw attention away from the fact that their Veinza finalist goalie has given up the game winning goal 3 straight games with a save percentage around 70%.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
If that gif is there - the puck being there is irrellevant... it is the glove to the face that makes it a) not a hit, and b) a textbook roughing call.

It looks more like a left to the chops than a shoulder to the head - will have to find a better video.

Edit... nevermind ... that gif sig threw me --- yeah ok, whatever - looks like a clean hit on a guy in possession of the puck.

Last edited:

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
This is such a joke. Let's all feel bad for Bieksa.

This will hide Luongo for roughly 2 hours before everyone's talking about the pressure on him tomorrow night again.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
This is such a joke. Let's all feel bad for Bieksa.

This will hide Luongo for roughly 2 hours before everyone's talking about the pressure on him tomorrow night again.

Yes, for sure, which they can do now that he's no longer a captain. Before, not a chance - gotta fulfill those "responsibilities" which, btw, no longer being a captain made it easy to dodge and ditch his team on Sunday night. Wow, what a stand-up, team-first guy. :smh:

How he was even considered/promoted to have inherent the leadership traits necessary in ordered to be a captain in the first place still baffles me. What a spineless puke.

"No room on the bench" my ass. :obama:

RandallPinkFloyd42

Liked Posts:
I was wondering why nobody really commented on that. Luongo was nowhere to be found as most goalies would be. He was completely bitter over the switch. But if Lu plays, the Blackhawks would've won that game by the time they were about 6 minutes into the second period.

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Given the NHL hierarchy is a major pussy outlet...posturing about the officiating will probably have an effect on the game. Watch for the Canucks to get a bunch of early PP's, get a lead and then some even up calls late after the game is decided. Remember, only the NBA officiating is worse than the NHL.

I love Gillis ripping the use of Scott when he's got a backstabbing scumbag like Torres on his payroll. Scott is a talentless goon for sure, but at least he'll face you up unlike the asswipe Torres.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
Remember, only the NBA officiating is worse than the NHL.

I used to think that too, then held season tickets to the IHL (then the top minor league along with the AHL -this would have been pre-merger).

And, actually IHL refs were a hell of a lot worse. So much so that they could look right at a goal and if the puck was shot too hard- they would miss the goal (I know this because I was sitting 4 seats to the right of the goal judge). The goal judge was some old doddering guy who must have known somebody to get the job...

but I suppose the point is the same ... if that was the training ground for future referees .... then, well ... yeah.

Gillis ripping the use of Scott... ripping... sounds like Rypien ... hey, wasn't Rypien suspended for going after a fan in the stands in Minne this season? And isn't Rypien a Canuck (or at least at the time).

You know, say what you want about Scott- but the guy has a hell of a lot more class than a jerk that Gillis employed... so frankly Gillis is full of killer whale feces. (Why not get regional at this point ;) ).

tbo41fan

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Scott will atleast hit you face to face

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Coach Q powns Gillis.

Quenneville responds: Joel Quenneville was asked about Vancouver general manager Mike Gillis’ comments regarding the officiating. Gillis said on Monday his team wasn’t getting a fair shake.

“My only comment to that is I just look at our regular season,” Quenneville said. “We were the second-fewest penalized team on minor penalties all year long so that’s my defense.”

The Canucks ranked 24th in that department.

cubsneedmiracle

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
One of the main reasons why I don't see the Canucklefuckers winning the cup.

Can't control themselves.