CBE 72 and some Guests from the Forum

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
senrad wrote:
I would rather see Pargo play 5-10 mins instead of the 10-15 you have him at. Put Kirk up at 32-35mpg.

I agree, technically I would like Pargo and Hunter to split about 5 mpg, lol. But I just think that VDN will like Pargo. Hinrich might get up towards 35mpg even with Pargo playing 10min because I have a feeling we are going to go small a lot next year. Which I hate.

To me you should only go small if you need to buy a few minutes or you realize you are totally outmatched so you run a small team, which you know you will most likely lose anyway but you have no other choice. These coaches like Skiles, D'Antoni, Don Nelson, VDN love to go small and spread the floor. Let's add up there rings, 0!!! Yah it is fun to watch but it is not winning basketball it is gimmick basketball. The Dallas Mavericks played the greatest gimmick lineup of all time in the 06 Finals, but it didn't last and the team with a good SG and Center won the series.
So I fully expect to see a lineup of Rose, Hinrich, Pargo, Salmons, Noah in long stretches next season. Or Rose, Hinrich, Salmons, Deng Noah which is just a little better. Then everyone can complain that we are getting outrebounded and blame Tyrus Thomas for having 6 rebounds while sitting on the pine.