CBS Sports SportsLine playoff odds

TishLover

Liked Posts:
https://www.cbssports.com/nfl/news/...tual-locks-packers-on-the-outside-looking-in/

The Chiefs and Rams are the only two teams with a 99 percent chance of making the playoffs.

The Ravens, despite dropping to 3-2 with a loss to the Browns, have an 80 percent chance of making the playoffs.

The Bengals are ranked below the Chargers in terms of playoff chances.

The Steelers' chances, even after they beat the Falcons, are at 34.8 percent. However, Oh pointed out that if they beat the Bengals this week, their percentage will rise above 50.

The Browns have hope! They have a 12.5 percent chance of making the playoffs!

The Bears, after the Rams and Saints, own the third-best chance of making the playoffs in the NFC at 74.2 percent and their chances of winning the NFC North are at 55.3 percent.

The Eagles, despite losing to the Vikings on Sunday, still have a 50.6 percent chance of making the playoffs thanks to their inferior competition in the NFC East.

The Packers' and Vikings' playoff projections are both around 30 percent.

Oh's simulations actually give the Lions a higher expected win total (only slightly) than the Packers and Vikings.

3. Bears (9.7), NFC North champion
With that defense of theirs, the Bears don't need Mitchell Trubisky to throw for six touchdowns in every game. They just need him to be better than he was in Weeks 1-3. If Trubisky can take the next step, the Bears are a legitimate Super Bowl contender. If Trubisky can't, the Bears will be hard pressed to keep winning games while relying entirely on their defense. Even still, they've built up a nice little lead and they've got a favorable stretch of games coming up against the AFC East.

Mdbearz

Liked Posts:
It is great to see good projections coming our way, but again, just because CBS gives us a better chance to win the division does not mean we will win the division.

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I sure hope they use different math than Fangraphs.
We just saw how that 90%+ chance of the Cubs winning the division with 5 weeks left turned out.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I sure hope they use different math than Fangraphs.
We just saw how that 90%+ chance of the Cubs winning the division with 5 weeks left turned out.

With how their bats went into a coma for the last weeks of the season, no projection would hold up.

ZOMBIE@CTESPN

Liked Posts:
Are we allowed to talk about betting lines? My last thread was closed

Hawkeye OG

Formerly Hawkeye
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Would be pretty crazy for the Vikes and GB to miss the playoffs.