Cease to the Padres

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Cease to the Padres for 3 prospects and a reliever. Haven’t really looked yet. Thorpe sounds promising but overall I feel the return is underwhelming.

Drew Thorpe and Jairo Iriarte, the Padres' No. 5 and No. 8 prospects, respectively, and A-ball outfielder Samuel Zavala, ranked seventh, are going to the Sox along with right-hander Steven Wilson, who appeared in 52 games in relief for the Padres last season.

Taking the under at 64.5 wins looks better every day.

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
BIG TRADE

And NO ONE CARES

Good job Jerry dead franchise
It’s fucking hilarious that the team trades a Cy Young runner up during ST and there’s a singular response here. It’s amazing how far Jerry has driven this franchise into the dirt.

Icculus

The Great and Knowledgeable
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Army Black Knights
Anything I wanted was a phone call away. Free cars. The keys to a dozen hideout flats all over the city. I bet twenty, thirty grand over a weekend and then I'd either blow the winnings in a week or go to the sharks to pay back the bookies. Didn't matter. It didn't mean anything. When I was broke, I'd go out and rob some more. We ran everything. We paid off cops. We paid off lawyers. We paid off judges. Everybody had their hands out. Everything was for the taking. And now it's all over. And that's the hardest part. Today everything is different; there's no action... have to wait around like everyone else. Can't even get decent food - right after I got here, I ordered some spaghetti with marinara sauce, and I got egg noodles and ketchup. I'm an average nobody... I get to live the rest of my life like a schnook.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
Hiring LaRussa took the wind out of the sails of the rebuild. I love baseball but Reinsdorf goes out his way to meddle and piss off the fan base.

Plus, he’s cheap. He’s definitely the worst owner in Baseball by a wide margin.

I do think trading Cease was the right thing to do. I have no idea how any of these prospects will work out.

Last edited:

Rustysurf83

Liked Posts:
Trading Cease is absolutely the right move, they aren’t winning anything in the next 2-3 years anyways despite being the the weakest division in MLB. Honestly…I’d consider trading Robert too. He’d bring an absolute Kings ransom and if he continues on his current trajectory, it’s hard to imagine the Sox will be able to re-sign him when he hits FA unless Jerry before 2028 and the sale is final. He’s likely to command a $300+ million contract if not more by that time.

Last edited: