Charles Tillman swears on live TV

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigP50

04-21-2012
Liked Posts:
when Kaplan from CTL asked if they are out to prove the media wrong, he said they dont really give a sh!t about what they think. LOL

That was awkward!

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
That's what happens when you ask dumb questions.

No.....we are going to play to reenforce stupid stereotypes about our team?

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Urlacher said the same thing when he was interviewed and they played it on the news. The only guy that I know of that picked the Bears over the Eagles was Terry Bradshaw. He only did it because he's terrible at picking games this year and wanted to be different. Nobody believes in the Bears but why should they? Even after the game Howie and co. were talking about the Packers going to the playoffs and Terry kind of sniped at them and said, "guys the Packers might not even make the playoffs". Everyone looked kind of dismayed and were silent. Anyone else catch that?

As I said regardless of the outcome of this season dump Lovie.

Rush

Fuck it, Go Deep
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '19
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Carolina Hurricanes
  1. Duke Blue Devils
Mike, who would you hire? Would you try to hire interally?

IronMike

Liked Posts:
#1 would be Gruden but I'm thinking he's going to be coaching college football next season for at least a year but I can't see him bailing after just one season. I think if the Bears were serious about building a contender they'd do whatever it takes to lock him up now before he makes that decision.

#2 would be Singletary. I know the guy is a winner and I think he's still an unknown quantity at this point.

#3 would be Bill Cower. He's had a very tough year but by the beginning of training camp next year I think he's going to be ready to come out swinging.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
Dumb questions.

They asked me before Super Bowl XII how I felt about going against my old team. I thought that had to be the dumbest question ever asked me, but it wasn't they asked me after the game how I felt about losing to the Cowboys. My answers were such that my answers were never aired.

JJ-28

Liked Posts:
#1 would be Gruden but I'm thinking he's going to be coaching college football next season for at least a year but I can't see him bailing after just one season. I think if the Bears were serious about building a contender they'd do whatever it takes to lock him up now before he makes that decision.

I agree he wil be coaching colleger football next year

#2 would be Singletary. I know the guy is a winner and I think he's still an unknown quantity at this point.

The only question not answered about Singletary is how he has kept his job this long. And yea we need another defensive Head Coach like we need a hole in our heads

#3 would be Bill Cower. He's had a very tough year but by the beginning of training camp next year I think he's going to be ready to come out swinging.

Come on does anyone really think that Bill Cowers will ever be the Bears Head Coach. First and formost he would want total control and second he would want too much money and third there are some big time opening coming after this season, that fit Cower better and last Lovie isn't going any where he still has one year on this contract and if they didn't get rid of him after last year record there not going to do it this year .Plus the Bears aren't even going to look to replace anyone until we have a new CBA. Why pay 2 coaches for doing nothing

Crystallas

Three if by air
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bulls
Holy Shit! Tillman swore? Well what kind of shit did he say? I'm still trying to find his shittin cuss.

Edward

Liked Posts:
There weren't a lot of "experts" picking the Bears over the Eagles but one that I heard was Teddy Bruschi, the former New England Patriots LB now with ESPN who said he thought the Bears defense would be the difference between two good teams. The Eagles have a very good team so a win was great, we'll take 8-3.
Just hope the O-line can hold up.

IronMike

Liked Posts:
Come on does anyone really think that Bill Cowers will ever be the Bears Head Coach. First and formost he would want total control and second he would want too much money and third there are some big time opening coming after this season, that fit Cower better and last Lovie isn't going any where he still has one year on this contract and if they didn't get rid of him after last year record there not going to do it this year .Plus the Bears aren't even going to look to replace anyone until we have a new CBA. Why pay 2 coaches for doing nothing

Good point.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
If Bill Cowher coaches anywhere again, especially if starting next season, it'll likely be Carolina. That team already has a lot of good pieces to keep being a physical team that he likes and it could have a number 1 overall pick with a possible rookie salary cap starting. So that is a lot to bargin with... plus Fox isn't being fired his contract is up so the pay level isn't going to be hurt by a lot.

The Gruden Miami thing isn't to him coach and he has been acting and saying how he loves the ESPN gig and signed with all intention to do it at least one more year before going back into coaching... Plus if you hired a guy like Gruden, that would terribly destryo the Bears chances. A totally new offensive scheme for Cutler and the surrounding players to have to learn and adjust to making it Cutler's 4th scheme in 4 years and 5th OC in 5 years.

And I agree with Prope.. I can't ever watch CTL again.. but that is because David Kaplin is the biggest douche in Chicago sports media.

USCChiFan

Crow's Nest
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Bears are 8-3 and people still want a new coach... :facepalm:

IronMike

Liked Posts:
If you aren't gonna win Super Bowls then what's the point?

ChiSportsRich

Liked Posts:
Urlacher said the same thing when he was interviewed and they played it on the news. The only guy that I know of that picked the Bears over the Eagles was Terry Bradshaw. He only did it because he's terrible at picking games this year and wanted to be different. Nobody believes in the Bears but why should they? Even after the game Howie and co. were talking about the Packers going to the playoffs and Terry kind of sniped at them and said, "guys the Packers might not even make the playoffs". Everyone looked kind of dismayed and were silent. Anyone else catch that?

As I said regardless of the outcome of this season dump Lovie.

Lovie wins ... I wanted Lovie gone at the start of the season, my mind has changed

IronMike

Liked Posts:
If they win the Super Bowl I'll consider keeping him on for another season.

Cover3

wat
Liked Posts:
totally behind TIllman on this one

E: just noticed you guys are talking coaches, I was thinking maybe John Fox? what you guys think? (if he gets the boot)

X

When one letter is enough
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
I think Lovie is the best option...

Dr. KickurButkus

Liked Posts:

There is a good chance that Jeff Fischer will be available after this season, perhaps his time with the Titans is over. In my opinion he would be a great fit for the organization. But that's not going to happen. There is a very good chance that only one team from the North will make the playoffs. And even if the Bears stumble and miss the playoffs, I don't think there will be a change, there's too much uncertainty looming with the possibility of a work stoppage next year and Lovie still has one more year on his deal. The organization won't hire a new coach for next year while still being on the hook for Lovie especially because it looks as if there will be no football next year (I really hope that's not true)!

Status
Not open for further replies.