CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. Houston Rockets
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Oklahoma Sooners
I agree with a trade down, but I think that prospect became more difficult once SF traded for Garappolo. They're going to be in a position to dictate terms of a top pick for one of the QBs on the board.

San Francisco could possibly win out with the way they are playing since Garoppolo took over. Could possibly select behind the Bears.

Gustavus Adolphus

?‍♂️?
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '20
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Nebraska Cornhuskers
  2. Villanova Wildcats
San Francisco could possibly win out with the way they are playing since Garoppolo took over. Could possibly select behind the Bears.

You're right, I guess I meant more if the draft were held today. If things hold though, then my point remains.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
The Bears are not going to pick #6/#7 if they beat the Browns. Last night’s Tampa loss combined with an assumed Bears win this Sunday drastically increases the likelihood they pick #9 or #10, with the forecast showing the strongest likelihood for #10.

Sure, the 9ers could win out, or the Texans could beat the Steelers (ha!). Doesn’t seem remotely likely. Best start rooting for the Bengals, Broncos and Jets to suddenly beat superior teams (Chiefs, Pats, Ravens, etc.).

Here’s to hoping resting in Week 17 plays some kind of part, and that Any Given Sunday rears its head.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
I know there are a few other threads from before Sunday play ended, but I'll go ahead and update my template here.

1. Browns - 0-15
2. Giants - 2-13
3. Colts - 3-12
4. Texans (Browns have this pick) - 4-10 - Play tonight vs. Steelers
5. Buccaneers - 4-11 - Would move to #4 with Texans win tonight
6. Broncos - 5-10
7. 49ers - 5-10
8. Jets - 5-10
9. Bears - 5-10
10. Bengals - 6-9
11. Dolphins- 6-9
12. Raiders - 6-8

The Bengals win helped the Bears avoid the #10 slot.

Bears can move up to #8 if San Fran keeps it going Week 17 against the Rams. This seems the most likely avenue for the Bears moving up, so it seems picking #9 is most likely, with an outside shot at #8.

The Bears could, theoretically, choose as high as #4, although that would require a handful of teams to win their last game.

The Bears gain one spot with each of the following:

A Tampa win against New Orleans (since Tampa actually has a stronger strength of schedule than the Bears)

A Broncos win against the Chiefs

A 49ers win against the Rams

A Jets win against the Patriots

Bears could also move up a spot if the Texans win their last two against the Steelers and the Colts.

I should note that this all assumes a Bears loss against the Vikings. A Bears win would likely push them to #12.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
You left out the Fins 6-9 and Raiders 6-8 at the 11 and 12 spots.When I first looked I thought the Bears couldn't drop past 10 since you had the Cards at #11 at 7-8. Raiders win today would assure Bears floor of 11. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with the playoff teams sitting players next week.

Toast88

Liked Posts:
You left out the Fins 6-9 and Raiders 6-8 at the 11 and 12 spots.When I first looked I thought the Bears couldn't drop past 10 since you had the Cards at #11 at 7-8. Raiders win today would assure Bears floor of 11. It will be interesting to see how it plays out with the playoff teams sitting players next week.

Ah, you are correct. Fixed it. Thanks!