Chicago Bears Ring

menacemanic

Liked Posts:
SUPER BOWL XX1985: CHICAGO BEARS
Steve McMichael, DT "Baby, let me tell you about the night we got our Super Bowl rings. You think it'd be glorious, right? The 49ers got to get their rings in Honolulu, Hawaii ... so I'm thinking, 'Well, this is going to be a big-time thing.' I get the news we are having the ring ceremony at the Holiday Inn in Highwood, Illinois. ... I show up at the dinner and [Bears coach] Mike Ditka is already half in the bag. We're sitting there waiting to get the rings and before we get the ring, he's already passed out in his plate of food sitting at the table with the McCaskeys. They start giving the rings out and I look at it — and it's a nice ring, diamonds and gold. But I heard the NFL allocates $4,000 per ring, and the owners can put more money into it to make it nicer. How much do you think that ring cost the Bears? $4,000."

ThatGuyRyan

Dongbears is THE worst
Donator
Liked Posts:
Remember that one time when Zach Miller suffered that gruesome leg injury that ended his career, and then the bears turned around and signed him to a one year contract for 450k knowing he'll never play again?

Anytime23

Boding Well
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '22
Liked Posts:
gifbase - #hidethepainharold #meme #rage #computer #destruction

PickSix

Liked Posts:
I can’t picture a Holiday Inn (or any hotel for that matter) in Highwood. Anyone know where that is/was?

mecha

Liked Posts:
it's an old story. like literally, it's from a long time ago but it's been told again for a long time. when the NFL runs those features with all the team's Super Bowl rings, the XX rings are among the weakest of the entire lot. if not the weakest.

I get people are tired of the meatball nature surrounding that team, it's the casual dickheads that think the team is consistently a quarterback away from winning a Super Bowl that have ruined it.

oh, I'm not talking about you CCS, I'm talking about something way worse. I'm sure you know the difference. they can't even engineer the trade scenarios that you all can.

sevvy

Get rich, or try dying
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
The Chicago Bears ring is spread open wide with 2 hands, and penetrated violently by every halfway decent team we go up against. And all we can do is ask that they spit on it first. They usually don't, though.

Bust

Liked Posts:
I blame doug flutie and mike ditka's ego for not winning another championship with that roster