Chicago Bears simple realities

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
QB: Mike Glennon or Mitchell Trubisky will be better than the shit storm the Bears went through with Cutler Hoyer Barkley from last year. This will help win more games.

RB: Jordan Howard's run of dominance is just beginning, he's the best RB since Walter Payton and will push to equal Payton's success over their first six years in the league. No, Howard will not be as great as Payton was long term, but his next year's could look a lot like Walter's first six.

WR Yes we will feel the loss of Alshon Jeffrey but this group will not be as bad as Hester Aromashodu Knox and Davis etc.

TE: This will be a better unit than last year but I am not yet confident in saying how much better. I just know it's not as big of a concern as it was in January.

OL. OT depth is worrisome. I'm not as down on Massie right now as I was in week five of last year. He seems to be just good enough sometimes and just bad enough simultaneously to make you mad as hell. Yes I would like to upgrade the RT spot. No I'm not losing sleep over it. I probably should be more worried about Kyle Long than I am but he's a warrior and made me look like an ass already. Cody Whitehair is probably going to be better than Olin Kreutz. Leno is plenty good enough, yes I wish the Bears had Tyron Smith or Joe Thomas, but Leno is the best LT of the last decade in Chicago.

DL: Goldman, I have heard of weight issues possibly on the horizon. If that's the case there could be trouble here which could quickly end his career sooner than expected. If there are no weight problems and he plays like he's capable he's one of the five best NTs in the league. Hicks is a stud, I think the other 5-technique spot will be better. Depth is getting better.

OLB: Floyd worries me not from an injury standpoint but from a consistency pass rush standpoint. I want his pressures, hits ando sacks to be as consistent as the other good rushers in the league. I care less about overall sack totals. There is still good talent here but the age and injury issues could exploit this group quicker than anticipated. I hope to see better consistency week to week. I don't think Floyd is Miller or Mack but he could a good cornerstone.

ILB: I really like Freeman and Trevathan hand and I like Kwiatkowski. This is a good group of linebackers.

Secondary: On paper group is a shit show because we haven't seen any of them play together. On the other hand Ed Donatel and Vic Fangio are two of the best secondary coaches in the NFL and if they get good play out of this group the Bears could be right there in the division race.

Overall: The Bears on paper are not a playoff team. There are glaring issues when you cosnider the QB spot alone and enough obvious secondary issues to finish in last place again. The odd thing about the NFL is a red hot Vikings team that looked like one of the best teams in the league came into Chicago and got their asses kicked by the Bears last year. The Packers are great because of Aaron Rodgers but they're not great on defense and Matthews' age is quickly catching up with him. The Bears could beat the Packers twice this year because of the Packers' constant secondary problems and because Fangio knows how to slow Rodgers down. Obviously I'm not going to bet money on the Bears to win the division, but as 2001 proved it only takes a few fortunate bounces AND ANY team could win 13 games. Bottom line, this team will be far better than anyone thinks and won't be anywhere near as bad as 3-13. It will be an exciting albeit at times frustrating season, but I truly believe that 10 wins is more plausible than the gloom and doom circulating the forum.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
None of these are facts or realities, my friend.

DC

Minister of Archaic Titillations
Donator
Liked Posts:
Biff,

You've come so far. Really you have. But here, on this day, you're so, so wrong.

19-0.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
none of these are realities they are your opinions and guesses on what will happen....

when and if they happen, then they will be realities.

94SupraTT

Spoilers!
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Bears
QB: Mike Glennon or Mitchell Trubisky will be better than the shit storm the Bears went through with Cutler Hoyer Barkley from last year. This will help win more games.

If I win the bet that Webb will be the starter with Mills as his backup I'll go away from message board posting FOREVER if it turns out any other way. No new names, no cute little bullshit...I'll go away forever.*
Your opinion means very little. And your word means less. Why are your still here?

Sent from my Nexus 5X using Tapatalk

hyatt151

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:

RB: Jordan Howard's run of dominance is just beginning, he's the best RB since Walter Payton and will push to equal Payton's success over their first six years in the league. No, Howard will not be as great as Payton was long term, but his next year's could look a lot like Walter's first six.

WR Yes we will feel the loss of Alshon Jeffrey but this group will not be as bad as Hester Aromashodu Knox and Davis etc.

TE: This will be a better unit than last year but I am not yet confident in saying how much better. I just know it's not as big of a concern as it was in January.

OL. OT depth is worrisome. I'm not as down on Massie right now as I was in week five of last year. He seems to be just good enough sometimes and just bad enough simultaneously to make you mad as hell. Yes I would like to upgrade the RT spot. No I'm not losing sleep over it. I probably should be more worried about Kyle Long than I am but he's a warrior and made me look like an ass already. Cody Whitehair is probably going to be better than Olin Kreutz. Leno is plenty good enough, yes I wish the Bears had Tyron Smith or Joe Thomas, but Leno is the best LT of the last decade in Chicago.

DL: Goldman, I have heard of weight issues possibly on the horizon. If that's the case there could be trouble here which could quickly end his career sooner than expected. If there are no weight problems and he plays like he's capable he's one of the five best NTs in the league. Hicks is a stud, I think the other 5-technique spot will be better. Depth is getting better.

OLB: Floyd worries me not from an injury standpoint but from a consistency pass rush standpoint. I want his pressures, hits ando sacks to be as consistent as the other good rushers in the league. I care less about overall sack totals. There is still good talent here but the age and injury issues could exploit this group quicker than anticipated. I hope to see better consistency week to week. I don't think Floyd is Miller or Mack but he could a good cornerstone.

ILB: I really like Freeman and Treat hand and I like Kwiatkowski. This is a good group of linebackers.

Secondary: On paper group is a shit show because we haven't seen any of them play together. On the other hand Ed Donatel and Vic Fangio are two of the best secondary coaches in the NFL and if they get good play out of this group the Bears could be right there in the division race.

Overall: The Bears on paper are not a playoff team. There are glaring issues when you cosnider the QB spot alone and enough obvious secondary issues to finish in last place again. The odd thing about the NFL is a red hot Vikings team that looked like one of the best teams in the league came into Chicago and got their asses kicked by the Bears last year. The Packers are great because of Aaron Rodgers but they're not great on defense and Matthews' age is quickly catching up with him. The Bears could beat the Packers twice this year because of the Packers' constant secondary problems and because Fangio knows how to slow Rodgers down. Obviously I'm not going to bet money on the Bears to win the division, but as 2001 proved it only takes a few fortunate bounces AND ANY team could win 13 games. Bottom line, this team will be far better than anyone thinks and won't be anywhere near as bad as 3-13. It will be an exciting albeit at times frustrating season, but I truly believe that 10 wins is more plausible than the gloom and doom circulating the forum.
:lmao: You must be delusional!! :shot:

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
all the circle jerking over Jordan Howard. you act like Matt Forte didn't play for the team for 8 seasons.

Well, that stems from the fact that in 12 games started​ as a rookie last year Howard had seven games of 100 or more yards rushing, something Forte never did in his career in Chicago. Forte's best year was five games of 100 or more yards.

I take nothing away from Forte, he was a great player but a totally different player than Howard. Forte was consistently the worst short yardage back in the NFL for a number of years and the metrics​ beyond horrible offensive line play bare that out.

Forte was a tremendous pass catcher and could have been a good number one receiver had he developed his game for that position. All that being said, Howard is a different breed of dude. He's a grinder and a thumper he wears defenses down he takes their souls. He's the type of guy who as a defender you get sick of trying to tackle in the fourth quarter because he's been at it all day causing a pile, pushing the pile and putting his head in your chest and underneath your chin for 50 minutes when you get sucked up on play action and they beat you over the top​ to seal the game.

iueyedoc

Variant Also Negotiates
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Indiana Hoosiers
or injuries mean butt fumble is in for the last 8 games of the season.
or he is the next meh, Raymont Harris or Anthony Thomas

or it's a bunch of guys no one else wanted and a rookie.

The best turd sculptor is still just sculpting in turds.
Overall:Bottom line, this team will be far better than anyone thinks and won't be anywhere near as bad as 3-13. It will be an exciting albeit at times frustrating season, but I truly believe that 10 wins is more plausible than the gloom and doom circulating the forum.
FFS, CCS posters run the gamut, from 16-0 to 0-16. Where do you get your completely false absolutes from?
Biff being biff

Last edited:

Aquineas

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
I share your concern about the o-line. In fact, I'm outright worried about it. O-lines progress when there's continuity, and yet once again, we're entering another season with an O-Line in flux. And a potential liability at right tackle.

PrideisBears

Jordan Sigler’s editor
Staff member
Donator
CCS Hall of Fame '21
Liked Posts:
Then start a discussion about where you disagree with me and add in your points.

Sure.
The QB situation imo will be on par with what we had last year with Mitch being our biggest wildcard. I'm sorry but I don't believe in Glennon but I hope he proves me wrong.

I'm high on Howard as well but to call him the next best bears rb is kind of a stretch.

The WR situation sucks. We essentially have to hope White is good because the rest are not

I've heard good things about our new TE but I worry he is the new Kellen Davis

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
all the circle jerking over Jordan Howard. you act like Matt Forte didn't play for the team for 8 seasons.

I love Matt Forte and regret that they gave him away. Fortunately they lucked out with drafting Howard who I have no doubt that they thought would have been merely a back-up back used in short yardage situations.

Bearly

Dissed membered
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks

Check

Kinda check

He's a definite loss but I don't see how we'll feel it since he averaged only 800 yards over the last 2 years. We are also now a lot deeper. Not sure in what but there's more of it.

Check

Not as worried about depth with Grasu in the mix. Sounds odd but Whitehair could probably play anywhere on the line if push came to shove.

OK, Want to see what Bullard's got this year. I think he may step up.

I'm more worried about him getting his bell rung than anything else. I think he'll be good if he can stay available.

ILB: I really like Freeman and Trevathan hand and I like Kwiatkowski. This is a good group of linebackers.

If ski can read is coverages soon enough to compensate for his lack of top speed, he could be very good.

I think there's enough bodies where a decent mix will emerge.

There's not enough good bounces for this team to win 13 games though a winning season is not beyond comprehension.

The Hawk

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Well, that stems from the fact that in 12 games started​ as a rookie last year Howard had seven games of 100 or more yards rushing, something Forte never did in his career in Chicago. Forte's best year was five games of 100 or more yards.

I take nothing away from Forte, he was a great player but a totally different player than Howard. Forte was consistently the worst short yardage back in the NFL for a number of years and the metrics​ beyond horrible offensive line play bare that out.

Forte was a tremendous pass catcher and could have been a good number one receiver had he developed his game for that position. All that being said, Howard is a different breed of dude. He's a grinder and a thumper he wears defenses down he takes their souls. He's the type of guy who as a defender you get sick of trying to tackle in the fourth quarter because he's been at it all day causing a pile, pushing the pile and putting his head in your chest and underneath your chin for 50 minutes when you get sucked up on play action and they beat you over the top​ to seal the game.

I think projecting a player to be a HOFer is a pretty big reach. I also think that you underestimate how good Forte was while playing behind a totally crap offensive line and lousy offensive coordinators.

BringBackDitka54

Liked Posts:
[video=youtube;LQCU36pkH7c]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LQCU36pkH7c[/video]

westcoast bear fanatic

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
You went through a lot of work detailing out why the Bears are and will be a bad team again yet oddly you came to the conclusion that they will be a playoff team all the while claiming your predictions are "realities".

As much as I hope your "realities" are a fact the realists who are predicting a bottom 10 team have a much stronger case than you could ever argue at this point. The only reality is nobody really knows, it's an odd league and there always a couple surprise teams each year.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
I think projecting a player to be a HOFer is a pretty big reach. I also think that you underestimate how good Forte was while playing behind a totally crap offensive line and lousy offensive coordinators.

No I don't project Howard to be a Hall of Fame player, stop putting words into my mouth. I simply said that he's the best RB we've had since Payton. Which means I see him as better than Forte. His next six years could be on par with Payton, but Payton did it for six more. I don't see 10 1,000-yard plus seasons from Howard, and that's what Payton did. But if Howard stays healthy I could see six 1,000 yard seasons because Howard got to 1,319 in only 12 games as a starter. Howard tore through the league last year, yeah he was THAT good. If he sustains it, he's the best back since 1988.

BearsFan51

Liked Posts:
You went through a lot of work detailing out why the Bears are and will be a bad team again yet oddly you came to the conclusion that they will be a playoff team all the while claiming your predictions are "realities".

As much as I hope your "realities" are a fact the realists who are predicting a bottom 10 team have a much stronger case than you could ever argue at this point. The only reality is nobody really knows, it's an odd league and there always a couple surprise teams each year.

Do you have reading comprehension problems? I simply said they're closer to 10 wins than a repeat of only three wins. Plus I gave a recent historical example of the 2001 Bears who had no business winning 13 games but somehow did it. Do I think this team wins 13 games? No they won't, but with some better luck 10 wins is possible. It's going to take unforeseen luck, but the Bears lost 7 games last year by seven or fewer points with shitty QB play and injuries galore they had nothing but bad luck last year. This year things will be better and seven to ten wins is a real possibility. Far different than 3.