Chicago Bears Updated Cap Space

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
see and this is why i don't hate pace for the whole Glennon thing, sure it didn't work out and Glennon was frankly awful. BUT its not like we signed him to a long term deal that would hurt our salary cap. we basically signed Glennon to a 1 year tryout, we took a chance and it didn't work.

but it didn't hurt us in anyway, to me those are the BEST deals.

A lot of people are upset about bilking the poor McCaskeys out that money and for Pace not knowing that Keenum would do what he did.......

napo55

Liked Posts:
Think what worried most is the talent evaluation that went with it. Glennon was horrible.

Exactly. It raises questions about the ability to evaluate talent, maybe the most important thing for a GM.

xer0h0ur

HS Referee HoF
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
JAX scored some good FAs 2 years ago and were patient. The next year they stepped it up through trades and FA. Let’s not be MIA with cap hell, patience is a virtue. We can’t plug all holes “giggity” but we aren’t ready yet.

Lets be realistic here. Pace and the Bears' front office have never allowed themselves to enter cap hell. They have very competent men up there handling the structuring of contracts to balance the books and still allow flexibility going forward.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
It's $59mil not including Robinson, Daniel, Acho, Prince, Sowell, and Gabriel, who are all listed at the bottom of page by spotrac without any numbers because the terms of their deals haven't been released.

I'm guessing it's probably actually in the $20mil range.

Good guess...

Leming has a spreadsheet going on his Twitter feed that estimates they’re at 21 million counting the draft class and with Sims on the roster. The Sims decision will be made today.

dennehy

Liked Posts:
Good guess...

Leming has a spreadsheet going on his Twitter feed that estimates they’re at 21 million counting the draft class and with Sims on the roster. The Sims decision will be made today.

I think Sims is a goner for sure. Probably won't find a trade market so will be a cut. He frees up $5.6mil, and a run of the mill blocking TE can be had for 1/4 of that. Just too many spots still to fill to keep Sims.

playthrough2001

Monday Morning QB
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago White Sox
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Central Florida Knights
  2. TCU Horned Frogs
I think Sims is a goner for sure. Probably won't find a trade market so will be a cut. He frees up $5.6mil, and a run of the mill blocking TE can be had for 1/4 of that. Just too many spots still to fill to keep Sims.

Pace said they really like Sims at the press conference yesterday but his poker face wasn’t up to the bluff.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
The money they just spent on Lynch is a no brainer on getting rid of Sims

dennehy

Liked Posts:
The money they just spent on Lynch is a no brainer on getting rid of Sims

I'm interested to see what that contract looks like. No way there's anything close to $6m in guarantees, I'd hope.

dabears70

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. New York Mets
  1. New York Knicks
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. New York Rangers
  1. Syracuse Orange
Pace said they really like Sims at the press conference yesterday but his poker face wasn’t up to the bluff.

Ya never know cause teams do keep 3 TE's and he's definitely the best blocker out of the 3 and can catch passes if need be but don't see the need with Burton and Shaheen on the roster. They could let him go and sign a cheaper option to block.

modo

Based
Donator
Liked Posts:
I'm interested to see what that contract looks like. No way there's anything close to $6m in guarantees, I'd hope.

needs to be playing time and some sort of production included.....regardless it eats up cap space