Chicago Bears Week 2: Keys To Victory

Status
Not open for further replies.

Veritas

Liked Posts:
Lets start with the old favorite cliche, stop the run. I know it seems obvious but I can promise you next week when we are facing Aaron Rodgers and the Packers I will not repeat those words. Dallas has major issues on the offensive line and even though Marc Colombo and Kyle Kosier are returning this week they are being rushed back because of the performances from Barron and Holland last week. If we can stop their three capable backs and grab the early lead to force them to throw the ball we should be able to put Tony Romo on his back. Julius Peppers is going to see a lot of Jason Witten, one of the best blocking tight ends in football, and Marion Barber, one of the best blocking backs in football. Mark Anderson and Tommie Harris have to step up and have big games because Peppers will be doubled the entire game. Tony Romo is capable of beating teams with his arm but he does make a lot of mistakes when he is getting hit.

Dallas has two good corners and they are strong on the edges of the field. Martz has to find a way to test this team down the middle of the field. Jay is going to get hit a lot this week because well our offensive line is terrible and Demarcus Ware, Jay Ratliff, Marcus Spears, and Anthony Spencer do not play nice. Dallas has built there defense around speed and penetration and they hit the quarterback as well as anyone in the NFL. Cutler is going to have to deal with it and stand in the pocket and make enough plays down the middle of the field to win the game, test those safeties. They screen game could be effective again this week as Dallas does tend to over pursue plays a lot.

Dallas should be favored in this game but I feel the Cowboys have enough problems and weaknesses coming into this week that if our coaching staff can exploit them we should be talking about a Bears victory monday morning.

Cool Hand

Liked Posts:
Looking at the points you make (and they're good ones), I do have confidence that Martz will have a solid game plan. My concern is Dallas with their speed at linebacker will look to minimize the screens and short passes to our rb's. They surely will be gameplanning for this. Not only will Cutler have to hit the middle of the field but they have to take several shots deep. We know he will be pressured and his decision making will be critical. Would love to see DA come up big for Jay this week.

Veritas

Liked Posts:
Earl Bennett is dressing this game. I also really wish the Bears would move Devin Hester into the slot and let DA and Knox play outside.

Status
Not open for further replies.