My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Fire
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
  1. Arizona Wildcats
Very good as usual.

I have grown to dislike jesse rogers. His love for Niemi is sick sometimes....he practically yelled at me on twitter when I told him I didnt want to spend our money on Niemi if he wasnt going to lower his demands.....he told me that Niemi would make his deal beneficial for the team.....HA!

Some have gone as far as saying, “I have a bad feeling in the pit of my stomach, Hawk management and all us Hawk fans will be regretting losing Niemi for the next 15 years.”

I personally havent heard this, but JESUS CHRIST! I just dont see how people tag him as an ELITE goalie....I just dont get it.

Anyway, Turco will prove to be more than serviceable.

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That quote was from a reader after reading the article Rogers wrote. Just pathetic how someone can go on and on, basically comparing Niemi to players such as Patrick Roy and Martin Brodeur. At no point has Niemi proved that he can take his team and throw them on his back. Yes he had shutouts and yes made spectacular saves, but look who plays in front of him. He admitted himself that it is a "goalie friendly" team.

ClydeLee

Liked Posts:
Idk about Brodeur but you can compare him to Roy... as in he was a rookie goalie to win the cup, that's it though.

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
That sole stat... possibly. Montreal had an amazing core around Roy. I still don't think comparisons can be made to either goalie until a) Niemi wins multiple Vezinas and b) wins at least a second Stanley Cup.

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
Wasn't Roy like 19 as a rookie?

Niemi had a good playoff, but he's no Roy. He will not be able to nor have the time to muster up the career of either Roy or Brodeur.

Please gain some perspective, Jesse and there's no need to go Mariotti on us ..Niemi hasn't even played a full season.

DMelt36

Bolland > You
Liked Posts:
The best thing about Niemi signing with SJ is the Hawks are probably going to see him in the playoffs, and will have a great opportunity to silence every critic who wanted to hang on to Niemi by bombarding the net behind him.

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
I for one ... will wait until I see some sort of credential from Mr Rogers actually knows Jack Shit about ice hockey ... I know that there was some joker over at TSN right about the time that the Finals got going who if you looked at his bio- listed him as a rec hockey league player with a BA in history ... well shit, so do I, but I don't write for TSN...

Now the point of relativity here is - that, this guy Jesse Rogers doesn't even give you that much in a bio ...

I do appreciate you pointing that out SF18 ... really, ice hockey needs less jokers writing about it... 15 years?! Comparing Niemi to Brodeur or Roy? Well I suppose all three had jersey numbers in the 30s ... but let's revisit the "15 years" thing again for a sec... I wonder if Mr Rogers is aware that Niemi only signed a one year contract??? I mean shit, I had 2 dogs that could tell you more about hockey than that stuff.

Edit: Has it even been 15 years since Belfour got traded? I was just wondering when I was going to be allowed to be over *that* one -one regretful goalie loss at a time, please - thanks... -- sheesh.

Last edited:

Captain Iago

Giver of Occular Proof
Donator
Liked Posts:
I for one ... will wait until I see some sort of credential from Mr Rogers actually knows Jack Shit about ice hockey ... I know that there was some joker over at TSN right about the time that the Finals got going who if you looked at his bio- listed him as a rec hockey league player with a BA in history ... well shit, so do I, but I don't write for TSN...

Now the point of relativity here is - that, this guy Jesse Rogers doesn't even give you that much in a bio ...

I do appreciate you pointing that out SF18 ... really, ice hockey needs less jokers writing about it... 15 years?! Comparing Niemi to Brodeur or Roy? Well I suppose all three had jersey numbers in the 30s ... but let's revisit the "15 years" thing again for a sec... I wonder if Mr Rogers is aware that Niemi only signed a one year contract??? I mean shit, I had 2 dogs that could tell you more about hockey than that stuff.

Edit: Has it even been 15 years since Belfour got traded? I was just wondering when I was going to be allowed to be over *that* one -one regretful goalie loss at a time, please - thanks... -- sheesh.

Yeah, it has been about 15 years. It truly would be nice to have some more professional American hockey writers who could really "catch the spirit of the thing."

southern_cross_116

Liked Posts:
There you go Iago - bursting my bubble and at the same time telling me Dickie Dunne was fictional :D

But yes, even just as a general statement about journalism I think you are right on the money.

... Now back to Belfour and psychoanalysis ... See if it had been 15 years .... since Eddie was traded away from the Hawks ... and for some unknown reason you the fan were still "haunted/bothered/disturbed" by it ... (and let's just say it is 15 years for sake of argument...) - the fact is the man retired, what... 3 or 4 years ago -so you'd have been haunted/bothered/disturbed by a non even for damn near 25% of that time - which in my mind would seem to qualify a person as "unstable"...

Ok- so what's the point? The point is ... take Mr Rogers' "15 years" - and understand that here is a figure that this guy pretty much pulled right out of his ass.

-and that being just one example.

___

Nice analysis, as usual, Savior Faire 18 -you ought to get paid to write for one of the pro news outlets -you got this unique way of knowing what you are talking about.

Last edited:

Diehardfan

Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Is this some kind of joke? Is this the same Jesse Rogers who spent years being Mike North's go-fer? Isnt this the same Jesse Rogers who was handed the Hawks pre-game by WSCR because no one else would do it? The same WSCR aka The Score who made the Hawks pay for airtime and treated them like they were diseased, pissed them off so much that when they became an item...they told the Score to fuck off. The same Jesse Rogers who when handed a hockey puck, asked what it was. This same lugnut is now some sort of hockey expert? Sorry, most Hawk fans have forgotten more about the game than this goof will ever know. Will Niemi become a big star in the NHL...hmmm. Maybe but doubtful in my mind...he was quite good in some of those playoff games but looked very ordinary in most of them. The book on him is good legs, bad blocker, below average glove and doesnt challenge enough....shoot it high and he's a beaten man.

Savoir_Faire_18

CCS Donator
Donator
Liked Posts:
Always enjoy reading the comments too SC. Love the feedback everyone... season should be a great one regardless of how the off-season has been perceived.