Chicago Bullseye 75 - Did MJ Go Too Far!?

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
I just posted Chicago Bullseye Episode 75. Diddy 1122 was kind enough to lend his time and join the show. We discuss some REAL issues, such as Jordan's Hall of Fame Speech and Jerry Krause. We also preview the 2009-2010 season and answer the 4 biggest questions facing the squad.

I would also like to apologize in advance for the weird sound. We use Call Graph to tape the show. No idea why the audio is split between the 2 sides. If it bothers anyone, instead of bitching, do some research and tell me how to fix it! :p

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
I have no idea when this was recorded, but I applaud your speed and the fact that it's all in one part.

mlewinth

Liked Posts:
clonetrooper264 wrote:
I have no idea when this was recorded, but I applaud your speed and the fact that it's all in one part.

Thank you Clonetrooper! Diddy and I taped the show Sunday night after the Bears game. Like I said, now that Fred will not be allowed anywhere near our original tapes of shows, or a computer for that matter, they will go up the day of, or the day after we tape and will all be in one part, becuase I know how to compress the files! Fred is a phenominal host and is ridiculously knowledgeable on Bulls stuff. However he knows about as much about computers as he does women.

Diddy1122

I ain't your pal dickface
Liked Posts:
Great job in getting it up so quickly Mark. Haven't had a chance to listen, but hell, I know what we talked about anyway. I had a blast, as always.

I did alittle digging around about Call Graph & I think this might be the problem. If you are set to record in 'stereo' mode it will record the voices on separate channels. If you set it to 'mono' it should all be mixed onto 1 channel. Here's the link from Call Graph's FAQ page. Hopefully this takes care of the problem for the next cast.

http://callgraph.biz/faq

theCHI_Life84

Liked Posts:
is there a way to fix the delay between the two speakers? i REALLY was looking forward to this podcast but i just couldnt listen to it with the delay, where one person would say something and the other wont hear it until 3 seconds later, and then the 2nd person's response is late and the first person had already started to say something else and the mad cycle continues. it drives me nuts, im sorry.

if theres nothing you can do to fix that, lmk so i can shut up about it

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
theCHI_Life84 wrote:
is there a way to fix the delay between the two speakers? i REALLY was looking forward to this podcast but i just couldnt listen to it with the delay, where one person would say something and the other wont hear it until 3 seconds later, and then the 2nd person's response is late and the first person had already started to say something else and the mad cycle continues. it drives me nuts, im sorry.

if theres nothing you can do to fix that, lmk so i can shut up about it

If its recorded all on 1 channel, it should fix the problem, but it could also be a problem with the recording parameters & the way the file is encoded. I gotta listen to it, to understand the problem more clearly, but I think switching the recording from stereo to mono should fix alot of these issues.

clonetrooper264

Retired Bandwagon Mod
Staff member
Donator
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  2. Golden State Warriors
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Switching to mono would definitely solve some of the issues you've been having. But it is funny to just take out one ear bud (using ipod headphones or something similar) and just listening to one person talk the whole time :p.

Diddy1122

Liked Posts:
mlewinth wrote:
I will try to get this fixed on the next one ya'llz

Sure, butcher my all-star guest host appearance then fix it for the next one. Thanks alot Lewingag. :p

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
Good show I thought the MJ speech was absolutely fantastic and it gave me chills. I thought he would come up there and just say a generic "Nike Jordan" speech, instead we got "him". All the people who were affended are either haters, just plane soft, or trying to sell an article. If Michael Jordan mentioned me in his hall of fame speech I would probably have a heart attack from joy, no matter what he said about me. Maybe he didn't need to say anything about Krause but someone did invite him and he obviously didn't like that so he said something. I would much rather read an article about who invited Krause? Why would someone he hated get invited?

The closer we get to the season the more I think like all teams in the NFL think before the season. I think the Bulls will have a great year! I am excited to see a better Derrick Rose which is sooo scary. I am excited to see PG:6'3 SG:6'7 SF:6'9 what great length in the backcourt. I don't understand the 4 inch theme some have, since when does 4 inches not matter? Oh so 7 foot is no different than 6'8? Are you kidding 4 inches is huge in the NBA.

I think Salmons has gotten better, the minutes is the key and Mark brought up a great point about Salmons shooting way more threes for the first time in his career.

My biggest worry is Luol Deng. Then Salmons gets pushed to the 3 and Hinrich starting at the 2 and we are in huge trouble. I still believe that he can be fine and if he can atleast avg. 18 ppg and plays 70 games the Bulls should be a 5 or 6 seed, but deep down I still have some doubt that Deng can stay healthy.

I also think that Noah and Thomas will step it up this year and get a good chemistry going. Fred saying that Bosh is a jump shooter is correct and I think that Tyrus can hit the jumper just fine and finish better than Bosh. This is it for me with TTime though if he doesn't break out this year I give up.

All in all I am excited I miss BG but I expect a 47 win season and possibly the 5th seed for the Bulls.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The closer we get to the season the more I think like all teams in the NFL think before the season. I think the Bulls will have a great year! I am excited to see a better Derrick Rose which is sooo scary. I am excited to see PG:6'3 SG:6'7 SF:6'9 what great length in the backcourt. I don't understand the 4 inch theme some have, since when does 4 inches not matter? Oh so 7 foot is no different than 6'8? Are you kidding 4 inches is huge in the NBA.

I have been saying this all summer long.....cannot believe people act as if 4 inches is 4 centimeters. Gotta be kidding me, there is a huge difference especially when you are 6'3" and cannot defend your position well.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:

I have been saying this all summer long.....cannot believe people act as if 4 inches is 4 centimeters. Gotta be kidding me, there is a huge difference especially when you are 6'3" and cannot defend your position well.

Exactly Heff. People seem to forget the greatest team of all time 72 wins was a backcourt of 6'6, 6'6, 6'7, they covered the entire court, it was unbelievable. Every team had to adjust to the Bulls huge backcourt if they wanted to compete. I loved BG and I think he was more important than Kirk always but your right we had to double team every 2 guard in the league, check the game film people. It is a relief to finally have big guards again and we don't give a free double team to almost every team in the league.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
This is coming from people who watched the Bulls win 6 championships! 6!!! My opinion, if 4 inches don't matter...trot out a 6 ft backcourt, 6'5" Forwards and a 6'7" center and see if you win much of anything...good luck with that...

TheStig

Liked Posts:
houheffna wrote:
This is coming from people who watched the Bulls win 6 championships! 6!!! My opinion, if 4 inches don't matter...trot out a 6 ft backcourt, 6'5" Forwards and a 6'7" center and see if you win much of anything...good luck with that...

Uh our best post dynasty season featured a 6'7 center and a 6ft backcourt.

engies

Liked Posts:
TheStig wrote:
houheffna wrote:

6'2" backcourt to be exact. But i think hou is saying that you won't win a title with a small team in general. In some ways I agree with that, but if it doesn't effect the way that person plays the position I don't see it being a problem.

I think the main disagreement between the BG lovers and the BG haters is that the BG lovers think he does a competent defensive job despite his size and plays his offensive game (ball handle, shooting, driving, drawing fouls etc etc) so well that he doesnt need the extra inch or 2 to be a great SG. The haters will argue that he is a horrible defender and that all he can do is shoot can't handle the ball or get to the hole etc etc.

I think Fred does a good job (as do others) when he brings up statistics that i believe put the haters theory's to sleep. Doug pulled up some stats from synergy that proved alot of what the haters said about Ben is not true. I guess some things can't be measured by stats, but if he was such a poor ball handler why the lack of turnovers considering how much he handles the ball. etc etc Could go on and on but it doesn't matter 'cause Ben's gone.

I do see the benefits in having a taller SG, but in Ben's case if he was a taller version of BG I would except it, but Salmons as good as he is, isn't as good as BG. Not many SG in the NBA are and those ones are unattainable (well we'll see if Wade comes, but even then he can't really shoot from outside well)

TheStig

Liked Posts:
engies wrote:
TheStig wrote:
houheffna wrote:

6'2" backcourt to be exact. But i think hou is saying that you won't win a title with a small team in general. In some ways I agree with that, but if it doesn't effect the way that person plays the position I don't see it being a problem.

I think the main disagreement between the BG lovers and the BG haters is that the BG lovers think he does a competent defensive job despite his size and plays his offensive game (ball handle, shooting, driving, drawing fouls etc etc) so well that he doesnt need the extra inch or 2 to be a great SG. The haters will argue that he is a horrible defender and that all he can do is shoot can't handle the ball or get to the hole etc etc.

I think Fred does a good job (as do others) when he brings up statistics that i believe put the haters theory's to sleep. Doug pulled up some stats from synergy that proved alot of what the haters said about Ben is not true. I guess some things can't be measured by stats, but if he was such a poor ball handler why the lack of turnovers considering how much he handles the ball. etc etc Could go on and on but it doesn't matter 'cause Ben's gone.

I do see the benefits in having a taller SG, but in Ben's case if he was a taller version of BG I would except it, but Salmons as good as he is, isn't as good as BG. Not many SG in the NBA are and those ones are unattainable (well we'll see if Wade comes, but even then he can't really shoot from outside well)

Stats and length are all nice but in a league where the top stars win titles, we aren't winning anything unless Rose becomes a top 5 player. BG or not, he won't be the deciding factor but he is a really nice piece to have as your third best player. We clearly took a step back and with a team handicapped by the LT having Deng and Kirk on the roster is like like trying to run a track race while pulling a car behind you. This team is going nowhere fast.

houheffna

Ignoring Idiots
Liked Posts:
The best post dynasty season had a backcourt that got their asses kicked in the second round. That team would never win a championship...never.

You are right about Derrick Rose, he has to be a top tier player.

Hendu0520

Liked Posts:
I don't understand the black and white on the Ben Gordon issue. Either he was soo great or he was horrible, why can't we use common sense here. I would like to start by saying I love BG and he was my favorite player until DRose arrived. Ben Gordon was the Bull's best player for years (way better and more important than Hinrich and I'd take BG over Kevin Martin)

My ideal situation would have been to not sign Hinrich or Deng and sign BG but since that didn't happen so we had to get rid of him.

I agree with Heff that it does not hurt the Bulls long term and they should have let him go, to get a 2010 free agent. (even if we dont' get a free agent we had to try, superstars win championships) Sure I would have loved to give BG Deng's money and get rid of Luol but that is a done deal. Even if I did think that BG leaving was going to ruin this season I still would never make a comment that 4 inches doesn't matter.

4 inches matters and height is not BG's only weakness!!! Do we remember watching a replay of BG chasing Ray Allen around in the playoffs, oh yah BG wasn't chasing anyone, he looked bored and wasn't even trying... In a playoff game. There's a difference between playing poor defense and not even trying.

And the fact that he doesn't have a lot of turnovers over the coarse of an entire game means nothing. P03 or Doug please find a stat that shows how many assists or turnovers BG got under 2 mins remaining in a game. I don't care if he deosn't turn the ball over in the 1st and 2nd quarters, when it came to the 4th quarter it was him making it or the Bulls losing. No one ever got a pass from Ben in the final mins and he sure dribbled it off his foot a lot down the stretch. UNFORCED turnovers are a lot harder to stomach than great hounding defense and a tough play. Ben's 4th quarter to's would rip your heart out because he would be all alone and just lose it out of bounds. And don't say that you haven't noticed because it is obvious. Even the one's he hits, like against the Celtics in game 1 when he hit a runner on 3 guys when 3 of his teammates were open for layups. Ya he made it but we could have just dunked it for the win. Stats don't tell the entire story.

Stig, Our 6'7 center was also a horse of a guy playing next to a 7 foot power forward (Chandler) so don't use that as an undersized team, we were a huge team. Also we didn't win did we? I don't care about the numbers did we beat the Pistons? NO we lost and their backcourt was 6'4,6'7,6'9 similar to what we will have this year.

Ben would be a great 2nd or third option on a championship team, and yes you might be able to win one title with a small backcourt but I want to win multiple titles. In order to have a great team that contends year in and year out you have to have the top talent. BG was very good but we need an all star to go with DRose!