Chicago Cubs Injuries Update: Baker, Garza, Stewart, Jackson

waldo7239117

Driving Wreckless DA Best
Donator
Liked Posts:
The Chicago Cubs haven’t had much injuries in camp, but there have been some. Yesterday we got updates on the injured players Scott Baker, Matt Garza, Ian Stewart and Brett Jackson:

Scott Baker: The news on Baker yesterday were good and bad. Baker went to get his arm reevaluated and was diagnose with a mild strain in his throwing arm. Baker will be shut down for at least a month with no baseball activities. Gordon Wittenymer of the Chicago Sun-Times says Baker will miss half the 2013 season. In good news, there is no damage to Baker’s surgically repaired arm. Before Baker went in for an reevaluation, he said his arm felt better. But as you can see, his word didn’t mean anything. My guess is Baker will be placed on the 60-day DL within a week.

Matt Garza: Garza, whom is dealing with a mild lat strain is progressing and could start throwing off the mound very soon. Garza has missed most of the spring after he came out of his first Cactus league game early with discomfort in his arm. Garza had a MRI days later after was diagnose with the mild lat strain. Garza will start the season on the 15-day DL and the Cubs are looking at a May return.

Ian Stewart: Stewart has been a big disappointed in camp and in a Cubs uniform for that matter. Stewart said his wrist is 100% healthy and with that said, he finds a way back to the injury list. Stewart injured his hamstring early in camp and hasn’t seen much action. Stewart won’t do any activities for at least two weeks and then when he’s ready to go, he’ll play in minor-league rehab games. That doesn’t mean Stewart will be out only two weeks, he’ll be out longer. The Cubs are looking at a May return now.

Brett Jackson: Jackson played a little in camp, but hasn’t played in a game for a while as he’s dealing with a shoulder injury. Jackson came into camp with a lot to prove even if he had no chance at making the team. The Cubs have not cut Jackson from camp yet to see if he can play in another game before camp ends. I don’t know if that will happen, but Jackson is getting better and he could play in another game.

Side note 1: Arodys Vizcaino is throwing off the mound, per Jason McLeod. The time table on a return for Vizcaino is unknown. Vizcaino is recovering from Tommy John Surgery and will begin the season on the 60-day DL.

Side note 2: The Cubs have sent down RP Rafael Dolis to Triple-A Iowa. Dolis was the only guy cut in the 6th round of cuts.

Side note 3: Steve Clevenger may not be in the Cubs organization come April 1st. He will likely be traded or have to clear waivers (which he wouldn’t), per his agent. I can’t see that happening as the Cubs need catching depth and he’s having a great spring. So, I wouldn’t worry Cub fans!

http://www.chicitysports.com/2013/03/25/chicago-cubs-injuries-update-baker-garza-stewart-jackson/

Ari Bear

Hall of Famer
Liked Posts:
My favorite teams
  1. Chicago Cubs
  1. Chicago Bulls
  1. Chicago Bears
  1. Chicago Blackhawks
Garza injury hurts the most at least imo. Baker he can stay on the DL as far as im concerned, he sucks anyways.